B4 The Bell Humpday 13

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ivanhoe Energy signs agreement with Iraq Ministry of Oil to evaluate Qaiyarah Oil Field

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2004 11:47 AM

- PR Newswire

BAKERSFIELD, CA, Oct 13, 2004 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Ivanhoe Energy (Middle East) Inc., a subsidiary of Ivanhoe Energy Inc. (NASDAQ: IVAN and TSX: IE), and the Ministry of Oil of the Government of Iraq have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) for Ivanhoe to study and evaluate the shallow Qaiyarah Oil Field in northern Iraq. The field's reservoirs contain a large proven accumulation of 17.1 degree API heavy oil at a depth of about 1,000 feet.

Ivanhoe will evaluate the potential response of the Qaiyarah Field to the latest in Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) techniques, along with the potential value that could be added using Ensyn Petroleum International Ltd.'s heavy-to-light (HTL) oil RTP conversion technology to produce higher quality, more valuable crude oil. Ivanhoe has the exclusive rights to use Ensyn's technology in Iraq. The work will include an assessment of the oil-in-place in the reservoirs, and the optimum EOR/HTL methods to establish economically recoverable reserves at Qaiyarah.

10/14/2004

CEO of Ivanhoe is beheaded.

Truckers and other companies will eat some energy-related losses for a short while, and if they can't pass along price increases they will cut jobs.

HB,... Heating oil is not the Diesel Fuel trucks use.

Most cases, the flash point is too low, but can be blended along with Low Sulfur Diesel,... (Soon to be ...Ultra-Low Sulfur Diesel. ) in order to stretch things out or doctor the pour point or cloud point.

Tanks. ;)

If I had a chart they would be very similar, with diesel up a lttle more - running about 60c a gallon over last year.

Bull-slingin' the superslab about high diesel prices:

"Hey Allied, got yore ears on?"

"'mon back"

"See any cheap juice your way?"

"Negatory. Any your way?"

"We're gettin screwed. 4?"

"Fourty-too on that."

"Heard talk of strike back in Forny."

"When?"

"Jes talk now. If these prices don't come down soon, I'm gonna park it."

"Forty too on that."

"Might jest as well park with a full load on I-40. 4?"

"Fourty-too"

"Make them Wall Street girlie-boys squirm a while."

"10-4 and fourty-too on that, bro."

"Gotta mash it. Keep the shiny side up."

"Fourty-too"

I read they were threatening to do exactly this, in the United Kingdom, unless the government cut back on motor fuel excise taxes.

It could happen here.

yobob - so what is going to happen.

yeah, yobob - what is gonna happen?

not surprised about WHAT? :mellow: :lol:

I believe it was Dizzy Gillespie who, when asked what was meant by "swing," replied:

"Mister, if you gotta ask, you just don't know!"

It's all about oil right here, right now. When it goes green, call the cops!

Looks like the smack down of the last couple days was all about letting

Barton and other short sellers exit their positions with their asses intact.

Archived