Unfilled Downside Gap

Wouldn't surprise me to hear that the Asian central banks' accumulation of the U.S. Peso is being done on purpose. They are buying up the overflow from the Al Green Money Machine, and at the same time, buying gold under the table as fast as the Western Banks are selling.

One day, a financial terrorism attack will occur.

Chinese will suddenly dump its dollars on the open market, and simultaneously buy all the gold available on the COMEX and demand delivery.

Better grab those gold shares now.

The buy of a lifetime.

i tell ya, the chinese should buy NEM and ABX. or maybe they should buy south africa and spin off everything but the mines?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone please respond....

Who's planning on holding onto their miners if the majors start seriously tanking after OE? :unsure:

I'm long WHT, GSS, BGO, ASL & HL. B)

I'm holding through it all....where else are you gonna put your extra cash?

Long BGO, KGC, GG, CDE, WHT, GSS, Tan Range.....and DROOPY :( and KRY :angry:

Im hurting with KGC. I hope it pops soon.

Trying to think like a criminal. All this talk about OEX ramp has most Bears and Bulls believing it. As the chart shows Feb, Mar, Apr, and May was ramped within 10 days prior to OEX. While Jan was down prior to OEX. And finally Jun was just ramped a little. So, this has me wondering if everybody is leaning to the starbord side that we get a ramp job. With all the negatives that are happening (earnings, warnings, & economic news) Wouldn't it be a perfect time to let the air out of this market and let the calls expire worthless and screw everbody expecting the magical OEX ramp job that everybody and their brother expects? With the commercials short and in puts this seems plausible. Any thoughts to my contrarian criminal conotations? B)

Swing trading KGC was fun while it lasted. Sold half my position of KGC at 7.30. Been riding the other half down. Sold the rest today at 6.25. It's been sucking wind ever since Goldman downgraded it. :(

Guest yobob1

Today's Kramer headlines:

"Holding on through the downturn"

"Dont Worry: Today's action was just a small squal"

"Dour CEOs must be reading same memo"

"Technically it's not an issue" On a down day chartists tend to be the only vocal folks, but they miss the advantages of the declines.

(Yeah, like tuning a large fortune into small fortune without breaking a sweat :lol: )

Put it all together and what's that spell?

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

It would appear there is more DOWN to come! An hour ago the Island afterhours were slightly green. NOW 54 of the top 100 are bright freakin RED-including a lot of the riverboaters favs-SledDog- you may well be right-if I was Al Green I'd cut this sucker in half blast the p/c ratio to the moon suck in the last BEAR and then ramp with all I had! Trade Safe!

Sold half my puts this afternoon, took the profits and added to BGO...now LARGE positions in GG, WHT, and BGO. Stoolies remember the gold bull is just getting started, forget the day to day noise and hop on the train. Check out any long term chart of the above miners ...you will like what you see. Bullish trend reversal last week on most of the pm's WEEKLY charts...jump on soon before its too late. Also closed mxim short today for a pt, was fairly solid actor for a down day...keeping some coin free for the short opp of the year next week!

think theres a chance the miners get taken down with the rest of the market? I was thinking of going long PAAS and SSRI tomorrow. Still long the others.

I need help with Rydex times. Is it by 10:30 eastern?

Just got my Toqueville Gold Fund prospectus. One of the best run mining sector funds. Real sharp manager. I'm noticing that his biggest position is PDG, which surprises me somewhat. They've been on the list of least likely to fly miners because of their still active hedging program. But, according to management, they've been shutting it down.

Another thing I like about PDG is that they've haven't taken off yet, like some other mining stories. Too many people leaving it alone based on the old "hedge" situation.

But, looking at the chart, this afternoon, I'm impressed with being able to buy a gold stock that seems to be ignored, but poised for a blast.

Just thinking out loud here. Situation is kind of the opposite of KRY -- one way of looking at it.

whats the symbol if you dont mind?

Took good profits yd on dongs. Shorts on CMTN doing well... :D (That POS, hate it so much) Still holding a couple - ATS, ARBA, REDF (ouch)...but pretty flat now

Next week should bring the truth - if this is the real thing, I'm ready...I will probably try to identify the weakest charts that failed to participate in the rally with worst fundamentals. I'll try not to short YHOO/CHINA/ASIA of the world - like Mark said those monster volume on the upside takes months to distribute and therefore they might be the die-hard type. Opportunity cost is the key here.

Will do some gold-digging, many interesting stocks out there.

After last two crazy weeks, I need a rest and will use this weekend to reevaluate.

You guys did well today, my congrats to TE, Bearman, PD, Richmtn and the rest of the bear gang. Keep up the good work. :)

Jerry

Trying to think like a criminal. All this talk about OEX ramp has most Bears and Bulls believing it. As the chart shows Feb, Mar, Apr, and May was ramped within 10 days prior to OEX. While Jan was down prior to OEX. And finally Jun was just ramped a little. So, this has me wondering if everybody is leaning to the starbord side that we get a ramp job. With all the negatives that are happening (earnings, warnings, & economic news) Wouldn't it be a perfect time to let the air out of this market and let the calls expire worthless and screw everbody expecting the magical OEX ramp job that everybody and their brother expects? With the commercials short and in puts this seems plausible. Any thoughts to my contrarian criminal conotations?  B)

Your points are well taken.

I would just like to know if whoever is holding 60K+ calls between 995-1025 strikes is hedging. Are they gonna eat those contracts? Lots of calls clustered around the 1010 strike last month. They ran it up to 1015. I dunno. Soon to be revealed I guess.

Manitowoc Co. lowers Q2, full-year forecasts (MTW) Manitowoc Co. (MTW) , which makes cranes, lowered its second-quarter and full-year 2003 earnings forecasts late Thursday and said it would cut jobs and take a restructuring charge of between $15 million and $20 million. The company said it expects earnings in the second quarter, excluding special charges, of between 30 cents and 35 cents a share. Two anal cysts surveyed by Thomson First Call were expecting Manitowoc to earn 56 cents a share. For the full year, the company anticipates pro forma earnings of between 80 cents and a $1 per share vs. anal cysts' expectations of $1.48 a share. Manitowoc shares ended Thursday down $1.22, or 5.3 percent, at $21.70.

Archived