Al Green Gropes J-Lo Bottom

So What's the Next Bubble

My guess is home builder and mortgage related stocks.

Home builders such as Lennar, Hovnanian, Beazer, etc

reported earnings gains as much as nearly 100% year

over year the last qtr.

According to the National Assoc of Realtors, L.A.

showed price appreciation of 25% just last qtr.

The national average for last qtr was 10%.

Forty percent annual return for an average house in Anytown, USA?

Remind you of anything?

The real estate bulls though laugh at the notion

that a RE bubble is in the making. These stocks,

they retort, have real earnings in a tangible business

unlike the internet craze of recent passing. They love

the sermon of internal rate of return.

People are trying to become real estate agents by

the droves. Books about average people making gobs

of money in real estate are very popular and the insomniac hours are filled with infomercials like the twin midgets who made their fortune with NO MONEY DOWN!

I mean, if midgets can do it!

Who says size doesn't count?

If this isn't the top it's got to be gol darn close.

It's a mind boggling thing!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The CoinGuy
Coin Guy- Ditto -welcome back -Ivanhoe mines goes nazy tomorrow the symbol ( I luv it) is hugo-who the hell is hugo-but she is going to fly-lots of smart money behind this puppy and all those who tried to short sister Company Ivanhoe Energy had a religious experience! Trade safe!

Always a pleasure B4...

Yeah...I hopped atop that Ivan Ho...

After mentioning one small crap tonight, i'm not going to do it again(don't wanna rep), but there are plenty of sister charts in that Mongolian region with decent chart setups...

I've spent the last three months studying the Canadian pink sheets...I'll tell ya the resource companies you have up in Canada are impressive in about every natural resource sector.

Felt pretty stupid when I called up my guy to give him all of the reasons why I wanted him to get hooked up so I could buy those Canadian stocks. He said, "CoinGuy, we've got a direct line to the TSE, what ya looking at". One other thing I learned, gotta watch those bid/ask spreads...I've been going limit only, a PITA, but I'm getting in where I want it at, or no deal.

Wndy, hadn't had the chance to read that yet, but I remember Richard saying Friday his "Treatise on Gold" wold be published on Saturday and it is a must read for all subs...

Best Regards,

TCG

P.S. Rat poison Mousey? Hope you're taken off that soon...

I'm a permabear (5 year limit on my license), but I'm also a patriot. I'm a trueblooded Merkan to demand a discount at my GM dealer, why shouldn't I be the same when demanding a discount on it's stock? But I digress...

I can't recall the U.S. ever being this weak on so many fronts. Military, economic, cultural, spiritual, and all subcategories. Precious few shining stars in my field of view. Granted we are strongest now, but life is about the future, not the past.

Times like these actually invite actions to weaken the strong. Trend changes (downward) aren't just an outnumbering of bad things to good, but a sequence of events so laid out as to indicate a purpose that is larger than life, a purpose usually seen only in retrospect.

Could a run on the fumbles, then a China move to unpeg the R., then a terrorist act...you get the idea. Multiple assaults on different levels of infrastructure. The setup is coming close to perfection here.

We have only our leaders to blame.

Rubadub,

Same thing happening here in OZ,with groups like Wildly,Wealthy Women,all getting rich buying real estate..up until 2 weeks ago when the Reserve bank upped interest rates by 25bps,then all the Negative gearing bad press really started to get peoples attention...auction clearance rates plunged in our 2 biggest markets this weekend.....and guess when my parents finally decide to auction their appartment..yes this weekend...didnt get a single bid.....talk about bad timing....

Jerry- Bullstool.com, ahem, is not affiliated with this website in any way, and I have nothing whatsover to do with it. (ahem, cough, cough, ahem) It is a different message board, on a different website with a different url. This board has nothing to do with that one, although I have heard that the software and database engines running that board are similar to this one. Other than that, your settings and profile data on this board are unrelated to that one. As I have previously mentioned, if you want to protect your stoolie identity, you should register it over there to prevent imposters from stealing it. Identy theft is a crime, and a real disaster for its victims. Do not be a victim of identity theft. Register yours today!

dok

what the hell are you talking about? I feel like i'm in a hall of funhouse mirrors-

Why should i defend myself when i dont know whats attacking me?

What advantage does one get when they "steal" my personality or identity--

You rember how difficult it was for me to get back in and thats why im worried stiff-

Please explain--or please some stoolie explain whats going on

beardrech

I read that link on the Bush visit and also thought about the impossibility of his shaking hands with the smiling crowds. I hope he feels as well loved as he is in his sterile environment.

There's a scene in the new cute-but-stupid movie "Love Actually" where Hugh Grant as the new Prime Minister makes a stand against the visiting bully and gets cheers from his cabinet--with all the "no's" they're giving out, maybe the politicians have taken the hint.

dok

what the hell are you talking about? I feel like i'm in a hall of funhouse mirrors-

What advantage does one get when they "steal" my personality or identity--

You rember how difficult it was for me to get back in and thats why im worried stiff-

beardrech

Beardrech,

I've already stolen yr identity on Bullstool.com

I may be persuaded to sell it back to ye...

how much are ye offering?

Success!

gruff

tick tick tick tick tick.................

The capitalist is busy hanging himself with the rope of his own making. The shade of Vladimir Illyich Lenin looks down upon it all...

When will the trap door open?

bare

remember the existetial literary locus classicus:Tolstoy's The Death of Ivan Ilyich?

Although it narrates the terminal isolation of a lonley man on his death bed who suffers the gazing foolishness of members of his own family, i can easily extend the meaning of the story metaphorically, and see it as representing the current state of America--

And it saddens me deeply---

bdrech :cry:

dok

What advantage does one get  when they "steal" my personality or identity--

beardrech

Beardrech,

I've already stolen yr identity on Bullstool.com

I may be persuaded to sell it back to ye...

how much are ye offering?

Success!

gruff

gruff

remember the adage "he who steals my purse steals something worthwhile,while he who steals my my soul steals trash"

or something like that

bdrech :P :P :)

I agree with MH a solid single was hit-it was a very satisfying day. As to the 50 day M/A of course they would choose to defend it there because rarely is resistance like that broken on the first try, it almost always likes to go back for the final goodby kiss. Rallies OVER- be patient it's all downhill from here to the New Year. Didja see Mr. EyeBrows interview this morning-I gotta tell you the Snow man is living proof that DUMB goes right to the bone-plus he always looks like he slept in his suit on a pool table or under a bar stool-anyway-same old crap "China must float the Yuan because they have an unfair trade advantage and things could get out of whack" Bettered only by" We inherited an Economy that was in terrible shape" and " I never comment on what Mr. Greenspan does" Note the Volume today-it continues to shrink-I tell you the Fundies are getting it in the redemption ear right now no $ to buy with-just wait till they have to SELL to meet redemptions-Trade Safe!

b4

Snow is'nt dumb so much as as he is a manifestation of a dishonest witness under assault by a master cross-examiner--the lies rise up his gorge and become psychologically and spiritually asphyxiating-- and while suffocating, he seeks alternative lies until, metaphorically speaking, he turns a cyanic blue, then as if trapdoored on the gibbet becomes goggle eyed,surprised at his own political demise --

bdrech

Archived