B4 The Bell Humpday July 21

I grew up poor.

And for supper tonight I am having hash browned turnips & stemed spinach with hot peppers, all from the garden. And a small peice of Italian sausage to top it off.

Most youngen's don't even know what a turnip is. And would probably turn their noses up at this feast.

:)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best stuff I ever drank was PEI moonshine from my buddy Albert's father.

JW Blue is pretty good too. :)

TE....

They actually make that stuff in PEI? :lol:

TE....

Hell yes. Damn stuff is truth serum. I told his mom alot of stuff she ought not to know. :lol:

Sherlock,

Great post about the dollar snatchers on yesterday's board. It was locked before I could respond, so thought I'd do it this evening. Since you were up late, thought I'd have time before you came on board - but no, here you are.

I, too, have been tricked out of my shares by the matrix. The matrix gets us so well conditioned that, as I saw posted earlier, the only ones showing any fear now are the bears. The longs all think uncle Al is going to save them again, and maybe he will, but one of these days it's not going to work. In the meantime, everyone is conditioned to think it will. We're like deer in the headlights.

Since I got my computer 5 years ago, I'm a much worse trader than before - because I have so much more information.

When I first started trading I had a broker downtown to whom I paid a hefty commission on my trades, so I didnt trade much. I made position trades, such as "Well I think oil stocks will do well this winter, so what sounds like a good company?" I didn't worry about that stock for a set period of time no matter if it went up or down. I read the newspaper every morning and that is how I found out what my stocks did the previous day. I watched the 5 o-clock news on television, and that's how I got a feel for how things were going with the weather and the country. You know, I made money.

Then I got my computer and an online broker, and started reading the Motley Fool because they were featured in my local paper. What a mistake that was. Those guy's are obviously matrix agents. Then I started to find other sites that gave me graphs and information. I started reading other guru's. I became so well conditioned by the matrix that they only had to ring the bell. They were able to whopsaw me so easily it was costly.

Can I go back? No, there's no need now. When I found the Stool, and bears, and the smart people here, and read Hypertigers work, I could see the thing for me to do was to get into precious metal and stay there. I suffered through the last hyper inflation where everything doubled except my wages (What was it? 1975 to 1985?) and I think it's going to happen again. So as Chester would say: "So here I am, Mr Dillon. Here I am." (Great joke that goes with that signifying missed opportunity). :D

I am in awe of the ability of Brian and others here who can trade against these crooks - who are doing what you and i would go to jail for - and make money at it. I simply don't have the tools nor the temprement for it. My emotions do get involved, and I want justice. Not going to get any, so I don't play their game. And I guess the thing that hurts the most is, it's our own government that's doing it. Free markets my ass. They are destroying the market.

Well, again Sherlock, enjoyed your post - great writing talent - and for sure , the dollah snatchers are in town.

B.S.

NWD,

Then you get a couple of "c" grade actors from the TV series CSI who arent happy earning $100k per episode and demand a pay rise only to be told eff off ....

How crazy are some people...$100k per show and still complaining....some harsh lessons are coming for some folk...

I reckon the new buzz phrase for the future will be..

" What were we thinking????????????"

Well it didn't work with Fred Thompson. Actor, Senator back to acting...

Gotta be $$$$$$$

Good summary of the way it was Hunter, I used to volunteer for the paper drives at School cuz you got a week off, tons and tons an tons of newspaper we baled and piled to the roof of the Bike Sheds. I remember the Family meeting every Sunday in the war trading ration coupons-a pound of butter for 10 ounces of meat etc. the big swap was for a gallon of Gas. My Daddy who mercifully was too old to be called up was a Block Warden and I used to go with him in the car without headlights looking for those dummies who didn't think a black out was important. Most folks today don't even realize we had blackouts in the U.S. and Canada just in case! ;)

Brown Sugar:

I neglected to compliment you on your "survival" post on the weekend.

It was delightful because you took a different tack to the problem than

I did. By focusing on the different levels of diasater that could happen,

you made it clear that one solution doesn't fit all.

Then, rockledge came along with his "Get outta Dodge" perspective.

Like I said, determine what you are willing/capable of doing and go from there.

TE bought a gun. I am advising family members to recall the "cold war"

ideas. When the gas tank hits 1/2 empty, fill it!!! Don't let it get low or you

could limit your capacity to "escape." I also think that keeping a spare container

of gas, like 5 gal in the garage is a good idea. Yet, we must be aware that others

will not take precautionary measures. The exit roads will be clogged/stopped by

vehicles that run out of gas, so ya ain't a gonna go very far anyway.

Most people are unaware that the Federal Highway System (InterState) was build to enable military vehicles to rapidly transit across the country and to evacuate people from large population centers. It was NOT about getting more tourists/commercial trucks to their destinations faster. Somewhere in the history of that huge

project, the planners ultimately realized that evacuation of the cities was not

possible. Too many cars out of gas would block the traffic flow. That is truth.

So, unless you have knowledge of back roads and have vehicles to maneuver the

rough terrain, ya just ain't a gonna git outta wherever ya are and reach wherever

ya think ya oughta be!

Now that we realize that home is where we are gonna be stuck, like it or not,

then, what do we do?

I agree with your idea that perhaps together we can figure this out and live

to talk about it another day. The last time I recall being so scared was during

WWII when the Germans were expected to bomb us any day. We were Germans.

Try to understand the dilemna when your father tells you to not let anyone know

that "we are Germans," especially as I learned in later years, everyone knew from our last name, that we were German. Also, my whole paternal family stopped speaking German, thus the strange memories in my mind of a Grandmother that I didn't understand??? I was twenty yrs old before I realized that my deceased

Grandma simply didn't speak English. When I chided my family about not teaching

me German, a language I'd have to pay for in college, they simply explained that

by divorcing their native language, it was the only way they felt safe.

Today, how much of our natural selves, our natural heritage, must we hide in

order to survive? Dammit! I am sick of all this. People talk of a new Civil War.

Hells Bells!! What are the sides? Who is the for and who is the against? The

opposing currents are too nebulous to be identified. So instead, the Gov't tells

us that its about Al Queda. Yeah, right, as we watch our Constitution go down

the drain as we react to an enemy that our nation created. Unbelievable!!

Someone once remarked that if ever Sherlock was physically attacked, within 2 min

she would be sitting on the curb with the attacker discussing the pros and cons of "his" intended actions. I laughed at the time, but over the years I have realized

that this insight to my character was very valuable. I will ALWAYS try to negotiate.

Make all your survival provisions, the hone your negotiation skills.

The ability to negotiate may prove to be your best survival resource.

Sherlock

Good summary of the way it was Hunter, I used to volunteer for the paper drives at School cuz you got a week off, tons and tons an tons of newspaper we baled and piled to the roof of the Bike Sheds. I remember the Family meeting every Sunday in the war trading ration coupons-a pound of butter for 10 ounces of meat etc. the big swap was for a gallon of Gas. My Daddy who mercifully was too old to be called up was a Block Warden and I used to go with him in the car without headlights looking for those dummies who didn't think a black out was important. Most folks today don't even realize we had blackouts in the U.S. and Canada just in case! ;)

I don't ever remember trading ration coupons although it could have excaped my

attention.

Dad didn't serve....color blind and worked in transportation, the now defunct

Eastern Airlines...The Great Silver Eagle. Always had ration coupons for gasoline

I figure either trading game or balckmarket. No heavy foot on the accelerator.

Blackouts were an event...usually once a month as I recall.

Rode out WWII in Nashville and started school there.

soaring%20eagle.gif

TE....

Hell yes. Damn stuff is truth serum. I told his mom alot of stuff she ought not to know. :lol:

Motor mouth? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sherlock,

I am learning how to use the weapon with respect and understanding. It ain't like the movies, I can tell ya that. Very powerfull and very dangerous. Should the time come where it must be used for it's intended purpose, it will be, without hesitation.

Reuters

Fannie Mae may cancel debt issues without comment

Wednesday July 21, 12:20 pm ET

WASHINGTON, July 21 (Reuters) - The No. 1 U.S. mortgage finance provider, Fannie Mae, said on Wednesday it could eliminate scheduled debt issues in the future without explaining why.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/040721/financial_f...mae_debt_1.html

Hopefully they won't cancel debt payments as well...every pronouncement out of FNM sounds like a dysfunctional Agent Smith is in charge...a Matrix program gone awry...

Archived