B4 The Bell Humpday March 31,2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TE do you still need plumbing advice. I am a general contractor but I may be of some help

Very frankly, I think the financial education that elite Japanese bureaucrats receive at Todai (Tokyo University) is quite inferior in quality, and it shows in their clumsy, clueless economic policy. The Chinese are running rings around Japan ... absolutely whipping their ass and dragging them off the playing field on a stretcher.

Agreed.

This is one area where Japan's insular tendencies have been especially damaging.

What do you traders think about the lack of upside in some of the silver stocks lately? Specifically SSRI.

Well if your fast, 100% right every time and enjoy paying all of the fees to do so.. be my guest to trade away. Or, you could become a long term investor.

I think Jim Sinclair has a pretty good handle on things. You can visit his site here

I totally agree with Mr. Russell's comments below. History has proven that to disagree with him and act on that disagreement is risky to one's financial health.  The shock that will come to present day gold share anal cysts is that gold producers will not trade on PE ratios or a multiple of cash flow as was recently stated in Barron's. That conclusion was a product of skewed reasoning offered in defense of short sellers in gold shares. Under the guise of that pseudo-objectivity, Barron's concluded that gold shares were over-valued then - even at $500 per ounce. The craziest part is that most of you fell for it.

The consolidation of the gold industry is coming as sure as death and taxes. Gold companies in this consolidation phase will transact on the basis of asset value - not according to Barron's premise that a commodity-based entity is valued primarily by the PE ratio and/or times cash flow. The ultimate disposal of a gold producer to a larger suitor will always be primarily a product of the asset's value at the time and the assumed forward value of the asset being acquired.

Speaking of SSRI... longer term, what's not bullish? It's a screaming buy @ $15.0. on a ribbon chart. It does have a weekly gap just below 12.50. If it gets there,.. that dip will be bought. I'm inclined to think this stock still has gas to run higher in the short term. They'll get your stop too.

Schoeps Price Increase April 1st!

Due to the falling value of the Dollar against the Euro, Schoeps North

America has been forced to increase their prices approximately 15% as of

April 1, 2004. This is our final reminder that if you are considering

purchasing Schoeps microphones, now is the time to SAVE MONEY. All orders

placed before this Thursday, April 1st will be price protected.

Schoeps makes some of the best recording microphones in the world.

Archived