Bully 10k prop jam reversal

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc like I said, I am not rich anymore like the rest of you. I can't enable cookies on the library computers even if I wanted too. Someteimes my crackhead girlfriend lets me use her phone and I can surf the internet that way. I take her ipod touch and surf on the free library wifi late at night out on the public bench - but still the same problem - can't figure out how to enable cookies. The cops used to really hassle me why I was sitting at the bench outside the library at 2AM on an ipod touch. They didn't believe I was trying to read Dr. Stepan N Stool about the anals of stock protcology and arrested me once. Jail sucks guys, no internet in there, but they do have the hills and american idol :(

I told all the prisoners to be a kewl stoolie that when they got out to go to the library like me and read the funny stoolies at this webboard and learn about the real crooks that keep the rest of us locked up. They aren't rich Doc, but reading your websites and some others is a very socially uplifting thing for these destitue souls. Sometimes it keeps them from robbing and stealing and helps them out of thier drug/alcohol problems. Not everything can be measured in pure dollars. They will probably never have the cash to afford a nice private home with private internet and private computer so they can enable cookies and set it and forget it, but I know in your heart you can feel good that you are helping these destitute people who are at the bottom rung of society - as the bible says - you will be judged by how you treat the least of god's children no?

Secession - Is this a trend?

Looks like the idea is heating up (again) in Vermont. Not that it has any real chance of reaching reality at this point in time, but it may have an affect on local/state level politics. Anyone seeing this in their area? I'm not talking Tea Parties here. This is something quite different and appears to cross known party lines.

<wall of text goes here>

Give the podcasts with Russ and everything else away, FREE, grow your user base, push the stool theme. Let advertising be your money maker.

As Doc said, ad rates are way down. Companies have finally realized the simple fact that internet advertising (with very rare exceptions) simply doesn't work. How many of you EVER click on an ad, at this site or any other site? I know I don't.

It is very, very hard to make money on the internet. That's why the dot com bubble burst.

The internet works primarily as a back-up to OTHER forms of advertising (i.e.- TV, "and learn more about us at www.AnotherUselessProduct.com!"). So the "give free content and generate advertising income" thing isn't really an option, except to earn lunch money, and unlikely to accomplish much these days. The fact that Doc is making money with paid subscriptions is quite an accomplishment in itself.

As Doc said, ad rates are way down. Companies have finally realized the simple fact that internet advertising (with very rare exceptions) simply doesn't work. How many of you EVER click on an ad, at this site or any other site? I know I don't.

It is very, very hard to make money on the internet. That's why the dot com bubble burst.

The internet works primarily as a back-up to OTHER forms of advertising (i.e.- TV, "and learn more about us at www.AnotherUselessProduct.com!"). So the "give free content and generate advertising income" thing isn't really an option, except to earn lunch money, and unlikely to accomplish much these days. The fact that Doc is making money with paid subscriptions is quite an accomplishment in itself.

I don't click on ads, - they slow my old laptop and ipod touch down too much - and a lot of people here say they have special software or browser script extension stuff to block even displaying of ads - so why is Doc going to reorganize the website to better display the ads? I don't understand.

How do siliconinvestor, traderstalk, mish, calculatedrisk, nakedcapitalism, moslereconomics, businessinsider, futuresanal cyst, and so many others give information away for basically free and stay in business? financialarmageddon, kiddynamite, financidalsense, marginalrevolution, madhedgefundtrader, etc etc good lord the list in my favorites would take all nite to list all the free sources of information, how do they keep going and going like the energizer bunny with no profits - you bring up a good question pretzl that I would like the answer too. How does GOOG have a big superbowl ad when EVERYONE knows they cheat on thier ad click service and there are millions of bots out there clicking on ads faking out advertisers that REAL PEOPLE are clicking on those ads?

Perhaps more mergers and acquisitions will have to accelerate and doc can start merging with others to grow, he seems to want to grow and I would like for him to grow too, but maybe growing alone is not possible. I remember Doc had some guy traderjoe do some formal articles/analysis outside of the forums here and I thought that was a good business model to start getting some more growth. But now I don't see him promoting that much anymore. I like doc, and I really like Russ, but some of us information junkies like a whole bunch of viewpoints looking at things from all kinds of perspective. Pretzl what would it take for you to start doing formal blog posts like russ and doc and help bring more variety to doc's site? A good drug dealer gives the product away for free and kills all the other drug dealers, then when he is the only guy left he starts charging, at least that is what I learned from that last movie with denzel washington - american gangster I think it was called - and you turn the cops that busted you into crooked lawyers that protect you like russel crowes character did :(

PROPERTY ONLY GOES UP IN VALUE

You could have bought the ASX 200 property ETF for $24.23 on 9 Feb 2007

And sold it for $5.32 on 9 March 2009 :ninja:

Now $8.20

Buy and get rich :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

A little bit more leverage in the trusts and it would have gone to zero.

I don't click on ads, - they slow my old laptop and ipod touch down too much - and a lot of people here say they have special software or browser script extension stuff to block even displaying of ads - so why is Doc going to reorganize the website to better display the ads? I don't understand.

Not sure he was talking about reorganizing for the sake of ads -- I thought it was more for the sake of an easily-navigable interface to make the site more user-friendly for newbs.

Pretzl what would it take for you to start doing formal blog posts like russ and doc and help bring more variety to doc's site?

Hell, I'd prolly do 'em fer free. I enjoy writing -- especially when I can mix humor and satire into it. But it would be sporadic, since I only write when the muse strikes... which is usually when I:

1) get really annoyed about something

2) really scratch my head over something nonsensical that's being done by the gov-and-mint

How do siliconinvestor, traderstalk, mish, calculatedrisk, nakedcapitalism, moslereconomics, businessinsider, futuresanal cyst, and so many others give information away for basically free and stay in business? financialarmageddon, kiddynamite, financidalsense, marginalrevolution, madhedgefundtrader, etc etc good lord the list in my favorites would take all nite to list all the free sources of information, how do they keep going and going like the energizer bunny with no profits - you bring up a good question pretzl that I would like the answer too. How does GOOG have a big superbowl ad when EVERYONE knows they cheat on thier ad click service and there are millions of bots out there clicking on ads faking out advertisers that REAL PEOPLE are clicking on those ads?

Perhaps more mergers and acquisitions will have to accelerate and doc can start merging with others to grow, he seems to want to grow and I would like for him to grow too, but maybe growing alone is not possible. I remember Doc had some guy traderjoe do some formal articles/analysis outside of the forums here and I thought that was a good business model to start getting some more growth. But now I don't see him promoting that much anymore. I like doc, and I really like Russ, but some of us information junkies like a whole bunch of viewpoints looking at things from all kinds of perspective. Pretzl what would it take for you to start doing formal blog posts like russ and doc and help bring more variety to doc's site? A good drug dealer gives the product away for free and kills all the other drug dealers, then when he is the only guy left he starts charging, at least that is what I learned from that last movie with denzel washington - american gangster I think it was called - and you turn the cops that busted you into crooked lawyers that protect you like russel crowes character did :(

Most financial bloggers who give away their stuff for free do so because either

A. they are already rich and they are doing it for ego, or

B. they are money managers and their website is a front to attract more suckers.

or C. Because they have even lower overhead than I do, which would really be saying something. :lol:

I tried the multi blog route like SeekingAssholes back when I started the Wall Street Examiner. Couldn't make it work, since the guys I wanted as writers were too busy with important stuff. Russ was the only one who wanted to work with me, proving only that he has some degree of brain damage. :lol:

Archived