The MIT Experiment - Day 6

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning's gap calculation projections on the compx

High...1301(done)

Center...1287

Low...1272

What do I think..... I try not to...But, it seems bad news is out for today and I will * guess* 1272 *might* hold.

wow, Greg. look at the trinq.... how long do you think it can stay above 4.00, ... about that long... it just dropped a bit, back up, down, up... anyway I will watch for a range break to the low side... range 3.55 to 4.31

I thought it would be appropriate to post the pattern that the SPX currently operates within (on the daily chart). It's called the "Holy Grail" and it's described in the "Street Smarts" book by Connors and Raschke.

When the 14day ADX is higher than 30 and the 20day EMA contains the price (as it did here), then the expectation is that the price will test the established low (or high if there is an uptrend)

spx_grail.gif

assuming the spx comes back for a test of near 808... Then that would be extreme critical support. Where we would watch for a double bottom or a big fall... either way I will be watching for a large volume move to confirm? Just my interpetation.

GF, took a closer look at the trinq chart... The last time the .30 stayed down about 5 days for 9/14 to 9/19... The high tops have not been able to hold up more that about 1/2 day in sudden violent (sp) spurts.

This must mean something? Is the market trying to chop higher, jeez I hope not.....only looking at the extremes.....

Archived