SG's News Is Noise Post . . .

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only on the stool channel - acupuncture tips, erudite discussion of aSStrology, classical mechanics, and oh, a regular helping of market views. Not to forget reports on the correlation between bowel and stock price movements. (Sorry Mousey, had to bring it up given how hard you've worked on XLNX :grin:)

Gotta love it :D

840 is the battle line. If it gives expiration looks like 825, 850 if it holds. Size buyer in the Spoos pit trying to hold 840 lets see how long he can hold.

Hey Rog, how are you feeling?

Glad you're back.

Health wise much better. Thanks for asking. Financially I'm holding a few hundred FEB 840puts which expire in 2hours and and 35 minutes. It feels like a finger so far up my______. I had to tape my tonsils to my chin.

From Machinehead last night, as I don't see BAREister or Machine hear. I hope he won't mind I put it here for a re-run: :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The BARE refuses to be seen behind the wheel of one of 'em [cars]."

Indeed. Lacking a driver places one squarely in the wage-slave category. The BARE, I expect, calls on his borker in a well turned-out four-in-hand coach, in his top hat, spats, cane and wire-rimmed glasses. The great steeds are fitted with diapers so that the streets of Seattle remain unsoiled.

"Wire me a confirmation," he exhorts jauntily on the way out, expecting to receive the telegram on his butler's tray within the hour, recording yet another massive short position entered at the top of the market.

Like a modern-day Maynard Keynes, the BARE retires to his library in a silk smoking jacket to contemplate his next BARE raid before the roaring fire. "Something's a-PAW," he cackles, selecting his next unsuspecting victim from the industrial list. A quick scrawl with a quill pen on a scrap of parchment, a drop of red sealing wax, and another watered stock is headed for oblivion.

Only on the stool channel - acupuncture tips, erudite discussion of aSStrology, classical mechanics, and oh, a regular helping of market views. Not to forget reports on the correlation between bowel  and stock price movements. (Sorry Mousey, had to bring it up given how hard you've worked on XLNX :grin:)

Gotta love it  :D

No apologies needed MKS.

I'm proud of my market tool! B)

From Machinehead last night, as I don't see BAREister or Machine hear. I hope he won't mind I put it here for a re-run: :D

Indeed. Lacking a driver places one squarely in the wage-slave category. The BARE, I expect, calls on his borker in a well turned-out four-in-hand coach, in his top hat, spats, cane and wire-rimmed glasses. The great steeds are fitted with diapers so that the streets of Seattle remain unsoiled.

"Wire me a confirmation," he exhorts jauntily on the way out, expecting to receive the telegram on his butler's tray within the hour, recording yet another massive short position entered at the top of the market.

Like a modern-day Maynard Keynes, the BARE retires to his library in a silk smoking jacket to contemplate his next BARE raid before the roaring fire. "Something's a-PAW," he cackles, selecting his next unsuspecting victim from the industrial list. A quick scrawl with a quill pen on a scrap of parchment, a drop of red sealing wax, and another watered stock is headed for oblivion.

Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off!!! That's the funniest thing I've seen this calendar year!!! STILL LOL!

Machinehead's a genius.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps MH will write a sequel. Something like, BARE meets Billy Ray Valentine. :blink:

the crapeuro stance on the american 'global economic engine' seems to have taken on new ominous shadings. if i were a european retail investor holding substantial u.s. assets, and i just saw today's broadcast, i'd be making the GMTFO call.

Crapvision Europe, as well as Bloomberg, have been bearish for the last 12-18 months. After watching the US version of these programs from 1998 I was quite shocked to see the bear and TA slant on this side of the pond when I moved over here.

Check out the bear woman that does the DAX closing bell. OUCH! (sorry if your reading this, it all in good fun:) )

To the point: Most UK workers dont watch these programs and keep sending money to their pension funds (the UK version of the 401K) believeing the market will come back in a few years - just like Joe 6 in the US.

Archived