Communication

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always Undertrade, so I will be able to fight tommorrows battle. But in 20+ , come close to witnessing what is presently going on. I will not repeat all the insane situations, as Mark as done so very well. THis is jut incredible. I was around during the great bond bear market, 14% yld on the bond, those days were days of capitulation, of fear and loathing. Most folks would not touch the long bond with a 10 foot pole, as it was surely going to 20%; the institutional crowd all had durations well shorter than the mkts, everyone packed in 2 year ust. All the signs that a great new bull mkt was about to begin were present. Compare and contrast that to todays mentality regarding equities. I grant you not many are throwin new money in, but has anybody sold? Will anyone admit they were wrong? Will anyone take a loss?

WINTER IS FOR BULLS; SUMMER IS FOR BEARS

open your eyes and trade on your own chart setups or you will get fornicateed hard.

I know that some stoolies will loose money big time, i saw it when i read the IDS today, some guys are deep under water. I know why that is. Wont say it publicly, could get banned. But i feel sorry for you.

Good night  :)

my signals say cover and short later. The macd crossover cant be ignored. risk/reward seems to have changed for the time being.

No, but it could be a 2 month bear market rally. Another retest of the 200 day ema, that sort of thing.

LT first real sign of trouble is 27.00 on the cubes; no good buy signal until 29, which could prove to be the way-overbought hysterical shorting opportunity everyone seems to be looking for. More near term, this thing needs to dive through SG's turn window tomorrow and at least take a stab at 24.50 or else, well, we will see.

Unlike the Qs, which held up relatively well in this last decline, SPX actually got a little Dover Sole and, LT, could run all the way to 875 - 885 without changing the very bad look to its chart. It, too, needs to swandive through the turn window or the near term bear case looks weaker.

Doc, Mark, SG, all you bonus people in Stoolville, I appreciate all your hard work and smarts (and humor, too) and i feel it's increased my pleasure in Riverboating this market manyfold to benefit from your posts and discussions. Knowing your time frame and being comfortable with your tolerance for risk are the keys to taking money out of the market. That and sticking to a trading plan.

There's plenty left in the Bear's corner: VXN and QQV are both saying fade this rally. The BP charts are all still negative, though ST dover sole. Too bad it's all going down during OE scam week, but then, that's how they getcha.

disclaimer: I know that no one will read this old thread :)

I was away from 3 to 4 but I set some limit 'short' sells at 25.05@100 and 25.15@100. I've been in cash for weeks other than intraday. Not much money at 'bat' yet, but I am thinking tidal wave too.

(imagine a picture of a hand throwing dice here)

I do know that somehow, like the movie "Shallow Hal" some buyers have forgotten what the market really looks like. I'll short up to 27 in stages, and take my lumps if it keeps going up.

ano (joined the society of short sellers again today).

Archived