An Example Of Serendipity

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last week there were hundreds of posts per day on this thread. Only a small percentage were devoted to charts and TA issues. It is frustrating for those interested only in charts and technical issues. As much as I love IDS, I like to be able to find the charts and TA comments quickly. They help me a lot, in particular in pointing out things I may be missing.

I don't think the volume of posts on the parallel thread will be so great that it will need to be checked more than once or twice an hour. Let's keep an open mind, please! It's just an experiment.

Now, Stool, be NICE to Ms. Swonk!!!

Her name rhymes with "bonk" which we use FUR "bank" and the Brits use FUR.....well...

It also seems to be faintly redolent of SWOON, which we think the markets will doo-doo - in 'the fullness of time', of course.

mASSh ? the two together, and, why, presto-change-o!!! you've got...SWONK.

FURther, Stool, Ms Swonk wurks FUR Bonk One. Bonk One is headquartered in OHIO where HRFF grew up. He will hear NONE of any disparagement of his home state or anyone affiliated with it. Especially bonkers, who, ass we know, are the mASSters ? of the universe and are nothing but kind benevolent creatures who have always put everyone else's interests above their own. Especially in the credit card dept.

Never mind that Diane lives in Chicago...

She's telling us things aren't so BAD, Stool! Why, Q4 was better than "expectations"!!!

You are a HARD man to please, Stool, if you don't like Ms Swonk's blandishments!!! HARD, indeed.

Well, here we are at the open on Tuesday boyz 'n gurrrlz and Mr. C's DIRE prognostications have SNOT come to pASS.

(Stop SNICKERING Mr TwoScrews!!!)

This is MOST DISTRESSING to HRFF who gambled the UDDER way.

HRFF did speculate (cough, cough) that Mr C might be right butt early.

We'll c...

Doesn't FEEL that way, now, though.

is there any elliott waver here today? If yes, please could you be so kind to answer the following question:

in the currency market we have the pair EUR/USD, so when euro goes up, dollar MUST go down per definiton. In elliott terms that means when we have an impulsive move in euro we MUST have an corrective move in dollar. But how can it be that we have 5 impulsive moves and 3 correctins? Somethng doesnt ift.

Passive economists. They seem to work like weathermen used to; looking out the window at the garbage can lid scale to predict snow. Experts at the past, and complete dumbasses on the future.

At least the weathermen are getting much better at their predictions, can't say the same for the egonomists.

Futures continuing the romp up to the stratos. I was looking for a very brief end to the 3 day cycle, with carry through to the upside being pulled by the 5 and 8 day cycles, 13 day cycles, 6-7 week, and possibly the six month cycle, a whole lot of flying turds that launched on the 13th.

Funny thing about the 13th. A day that has always been good to me over the years, in a strange way.

A good day to shake out superstitious longs of their positions, at the worst possible moment for a long to sell those positions.

Could be ugly.

I'm still learning though, folks, don't listen to me. I've been up almost alnight and ready for a nap.

I'm trying to visualize what a turning up of the 6-7 week cycle and possibly the 6 month cycle would look like when I don't really see any powerful downtrending cycles except the 10-13 week and the one year cycle both at cycle timeframes that are midway through their journey, and do not yet possess the momentum to cut all the flying pigs off at the pass.

Still a beginner at this folks, I feel like the beginning skier learning the snowplow and just got his tips crossed.

Stoolie Machinehead, I loved the piece from Workingman's Dead the other day, didn't see it till I got home that night. Had to work that day, which was also excellent. While a great tune, Workingman's Dead was a studio release, and hence doomed to plain vanilla without the energy of the live crowd. Only live Dead is good Dead.

Doc, could the futures have been the weak collapse of the 3 day cycle and we ramp until the 5-day cycle has perhaps one weak down day of the five?

Well, now I'm really confused! :grin:

Archived