An Example Of Serendipity

I spent a good part of yesterday engaging in that great outdoor sport known as clearing snow - finally calling it quits at about 7:30 PM. Nancy was online at the time and we agreed I could have the machine at 8 PM. So since I was very tired I turned on the tube and looked for something that was short, like half an hour, and had begun at 7:30 PM. I found it on the FX channel (40 in my area) with a program called World's Wildest Police Videos.

I had never seen it before but was immediately hooked - actual police videos of high speed car chases and other associated items in their never ending battle against The Dark Side of The Force. Real slam-bang stuff that got the juices flowin' again.

So when I did get online again at 8 PM I started my Sunday routine that begins with the collection some basic market sadis . . . statistics for my indicator work, then a return to Stoolville to see what's been percolating in my absence, and then coming up with my Monday morning offering.

The problem was, the TV in the next room kept distracting me - turns out there were a number of Police Videos programs strung back to back. And even as I was thinking that I really had no inkling of what to write for this morning I finally yielded to temptation and returned to the tube, not knowing that I was going to receive the idea from that very source.

And I didn't have long to wait. Amidst the screeching tires and police sirens (that were ultimately destined to continue till 11 PM), only a few minutes later the program's focus shifted to a lady with homicide on her mind.

She was a socialite and a Sunday school teacher and a real pillar of her community. And she desperately wanted to get rid of her husband.

So her first step was to go to the Yellow Pages where she soon found what she was looking for - a firm called Guns For Hire.

And she called the listed phone number and told the person on the other end that she needed to hire a hitman to murder her husband.

The person she was speaking to at first didn't comprehend what she was requesting - he being the owner of a shop that rented out guns as props for theatrical productions.

Then it slowly dawned on him what her intention was and after their conversation was done he called the police.

A detective was sent (his backup were the ones that did the video of this that Nancy and I saw) to meet her in the street to make arrangements for the hit, someone who looked like and convincingly acted the part of a very experienced hitman. The video showed her standing by her car with him and pulling out a written numbered list of prepared questions, demonstrating to him that she had done her homework very well.

When complimented on her thoroughness and the quality of her questions by the "hitman", she replied that she read many true crime magazines and books and had learned a lot from them. And after the cop asked her for the necessary details of the hit like where and by what date, etc., he then asked her why she wanted her husband killed.

She answered that she could not bear the thought of the scandal a divorce would cause.

When the cop asked her how much money she could give him that day, she said $2000, and then proceded to write him a check for that amount!

At which point the backup team took over.

And which left Nancy and I wondering what she had written on the memo part of the check.

bdaycake.gifAnd Happy Birthday to OSignal, who celebrated yesterday.

an2.gifan2.gifAnd this past Sunday BAREister became the second stoolie to celebrate his second anniversary here. Happy Anniversary, BARE.

an2.gifAlso on Sunday Metamucil celebrated his first anniversary with us. Happy Anniversary, Dr. M.

an2.gifAnd finally, The end celebrates his first anniversary with us today. Happy Anniversary, TE.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The experimental MIT library extension of Stool U. is open. It's a thread for serious TA discussion only. Located next to this thread in the Intraday Stool topic list. One thread per day.

Your regualr moderators will moderate along with Double Flush and Moneypenney, who have volunteered to serve as experimental sacrificial moderators.

From Prubear.......

such as what Arch is forecasting seem to happen after extended downtrends. The JFK assassination happened the day AFTER the Dow hit a 2 month low. The invasion of Kuwait by Iraq happened after the Dow hit a 1 month low. WTC attacks happened during a waterfall in the markets. Big money shorts the markets before pivotal events, and the strength of the downtrend may parallel the importance of the event.

I've been shown the light. Gold is in a bubble that has just cracked. And commodities are just waiting for the bubble to crack. Tim Middleton, chief economist at MSNBC, has convinced me (the word "crack" is his, not mine). Time to go into junk bonds. BTW, this guy was, until recently, a reporter on mutual funds for the triumvirate (JJC's street.com, MSNBC, Crapvision). And now he is the chief economist at MSNBC. Amazing! A quick search didn't reveal any of his well timed dispatches on the Nasdaq bubble etc...

And now, I'm treated to a book titled "The Passionate Economist" by that paragon of all economists - Diane Swonk. It's a wonder how people manage to string together words in some meaningless manner and get paid for doing so... Not even cliches...

Saddam rumored to be seeking exile in Russia. Asking Iran permission to exit the country......

08:23 ET Website reports Iraq has asked Iran to allow Saddam to flee : DPA, a German newswire, says that the news website Baztab (apparently an Iranian news site) is reporting that Iraq has asked Iran to allow Saddam to flee via Iran to political exile in Russia.

guten tag liebe stoolies!

Japanese repatriation going on full force today. The recnt upmove had onyl one goal as i said before: To make the level from which USD/JPY will fall higher. It is a yearly gift from the BoJ gang to forex traders. Every year in feb/march, you just have to watch a level which will be top, then you can go short. Tanks BoJ, look how they serve the public, wonderfull! They even care about the forex traders!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I doubt the TA thread will get so much action that you would need to check it mroe than once every half hour or so.

On another matter, I will also be experimenting in Stooltrading Beta. Friday was a humbling experience. Today I'm going to experiment with commenting on the charts on the fly and not writing seperate comments on the half hour. Let's see how that goes. I will write a pre-market and mid day comment in the Anals.

Stoolwethers are being posted now. Some stocks have made 10-13 week cycle lows. No Suctor Watch today. This suggests that the final low of the cycle may not exceed the recent low by much. The next month may be more suitable to scalping intraday. I'm watching the 10-13 week cycle ozzies on the market very closely for signs of the up phase.

That Sodamn rumor is just about the silliest piece of crap I've heard on this war yet. Consider the source. Barfing.com.

If there were any truth to it whatsover, he'd be dead already. C'mon you guys! When you see a dumbass rumor like that, it's ok to post it since it will move the market, but recognize it for what it is. Market moving disinformation.

This one is so stupid as to boggle the mind.

Archived