"Remain Calm..........All Is Well"

"REMAIN CALM................ALL IS WELL..................ALL IS WELL.............."

-Animal House..........Kevin Bacon......in the parade scene..............

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . float2.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .acmewebpages.com

. . . . . ahhv.still33.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . universalstudios.com

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Hanky "12:36 North Korean missiles capable of reaching U.S. - AP "

That would be sad...the US has 1000 missiles capable of reaching South Africa by hitting N. Korea and burrowing through the earth. In doing so, we would have the first trans-global tunnel.

There is a madness to our method.

To put all this in perspective; there a two countries publicly threatening the US with mass destruction and nuclear brinkmanship. This is worse than the worst day (Cuban Missile Crisis) in the Cold War. Yet the market is only down 30 points?

INCREDIBLE COMPLACENCY!

Now we get the hype that Dr No's missles can shower death down on the West Coast. Without Dr No in North friggin Korea the Pentagon does not get its pet Star Wars project funded up in Alaska. Thats 100 billion for starters. Its all a con game. If you want to pick pocket the taxpaper you have to scare him first and getting him looking around for Godzilla at every freakin street corner. This is worse than a grade B horror flick out of Tokoyo circa 55'.

Greenspan's 'no return' looms large

Fed chief examines red ink, sees fiscal storm brewing

"if we get into a position ... where we are finding that the debt-to-GPD ratio begins to accelerate, we have to be very careful because there is no self- (correcting) mechanism when that is occurring, because a rise in the debt increases the amount of interest payments, which in turn increases the debt still further, and there is an accelerating pattern after you reach a certain point of no return." - Greenspan

"We're almost to that point. President Bush's proposed spending shortfall of $304 billion amounts to about 3 percent of projected GDP, or economic output. That's above Greenspan's comfort level." - Thom Calandra SeeBS MarketWatch

This is not news except for the fact the Greenspan is actually saying it. There's a limit to how much the Fed can spend on credit.

Now we get the hype that Dr No's missles can shower death down on the West Coast. Without Dr No in North friggin Korea the Pentagon does not get its pet Star Wars project funded up in Alaska. Thats 100 billion for starters. Its all a con game. If you want to pick pocket the taxpaper you have to scare him first and getting him looking around for Godzilla at every freakin street corner. This is worse than a grade B horror flick out of Tokoyo circa 55'.

An interesting quote from the net.

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded with patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader, and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done! And I am Caesar."

When does the profit taking begin?

That star wars thing is the best pork possible. Doesn?t have to do anything and no one is allowed to see were the bucks are spent. And 100 B is only the start. All while John Q gets poorer and poorer. A sickness the market will eventually reflect.

AMZN is on sale...tempted to add more shorts.

Probably not a bad place to add shorts. I have all my margin available but I'm too wussy to go full-blown short at this point.

If I shorted more, I may not sleep well at night - right now, I sleep soundly. I need a real catalyst to short more - something that start the waterfalling. These people can't be trusted...they're great at shaking the tree. 50 million+ AMZN shares shorted. Shorts can be their worst enama, as Doc says.

They are using silly scare tactics to get shorts to panic and cover. S&P outlook is stable from negative on AMZN...but it's credit rating is still junk and as we know bizness still sux - so who cares?

Bears need to step up imo...the timing is right, it seems.

AgentSmith

Archived