World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Crippled concessions

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU%3AXAO&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords flailed about, eventually finishing -0.3%.  Sectors ranged from Consumer Staples +0.8% down to Miners -1.2%.

Over in Asia, China -0.6%, Hong Kong -0.3%, Japan +0.1%, India currently +0.2%.

A bounce in UK/Europe: FTSE +0.6%, DAX and CAC +0.4%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Sandy, which sector are you looking at?

I'm not seeing a convincing enough bounce yet to buy. I follow individual growth stocks mostly in high tech, biotech, pharma, financials, brokerages, aerospace, etc. A few things are on sale that have a good bounce potential in my opinion. Here are a few in the financial realm that I was looking at: MKTX @ 201 - they have a high P/E but they have no competition in the digital bond brokerage business and their growth is very strong. If and when we bounce they will go up fast. JPM @ almost 103 this morning P/E of 13.7 good dividend and it likes to bounce in the same range - it can bounce fast as well. Some of the brokers are getting cheap like IBKR and TROW - trading volume should be good for them when they report later this year but they are getting sold off. ELLI was down to 106 this morning and has fast growth and no real competition. PAYC was under $100 and could potentially explode back up. Everyone should do their own due diligence as individual shares can be risky yada yada. Then there are the Semi's which have gotten absolutely killed. I'm not sure they are done. But I like ASML way down here are $197 - they will be getting revenues next year as the big chip makers migration to new lithography processes. They've plummeted like this before but always bounce back nicely. Some of the other semi stocks are getting cheap but we may not be done with the downside yet like INTC, KLAC, BRKS, MU, ICHR, LRCX, ACLS.

Here's another one that at some point is going to turn LG a 6 billion dollar company with a P/E of 5.9 now on sale for $8.16. It hasn't been this low since August of 2015 and June 2012 before that. They are opening a new factory in China and 40% of their revenue will be OLED by 2020 they presume.

post-3643-0-23234600-1530028464_thumb.png

Archived