Not to To Worry

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's wrap up the week.

The guberment worked really really hard and produced a bill banning pet chimps

Troop withdrawal begins in Iraq

Even Pretcher got tired of the selling and gave the mother of all signals

Bernanke denies they are really nationalizing banks, but hey we will play a game called 'Stress Test' instead

Did I miss anything?

I don't think Rebecca should trust Nik, but that's just me...

post-2457-1235770967.png

I'm actually kinda rooting for the abc count. The trading potential would be awesome -- a fast 300 point move up, followed by a quick 500 point move down...

post-160-1235770473_thumb.png

Prtzl, I like your blue count, but think we could still get that big up move and bigger downmove.

Tell me if you think I've lit the wrong end here, but I'm looking at the Jan peak as the end of (4) of [1] down from the Oct 07 highs...and we're now in 3 of (5) of [1], which will be followed by a seriously wimpy little 4 of (5) of [1] (or we could be in b of that 4), before the final 5 of (5) of [1] takes us to a tradeable bottom in March.

Am sorta uncomfortable with the idea of an IT bottom sometime in the next week or three, but that's what my stuff suggests. Guess we'll see.

missed all the action today, but after skimming through all the charts, no bottom in sight for the fraudexes and gold and silver might be in for more downside. below 900 for gold and below 13 for silver. weekly charts on both looking toppy with clear sell signals if these week's lows are taken out. man you guys rocked the house today in ids 21 pages . . . ooooffffffaaaaa

Happy talk from Ken Lewis

Might have been titled, "Why we're not Citicorpse"

To Our Clients:

Because of the recent turmoil in the equity markets and questions about the strength and stability of financial institutions, I wanted to address questions you may have about Bank of America.

Our capital and liquidity levels are very strong. We continue to lend actively in every sector of the marketplace. And we earned $4 billion in 2008 and continue to be profitable today. I have said publicly that we do not need any further financial assistance from the government now, and I am confident we will not need any further assistance in the future. I believe we have more than enough capital, liquidity and earnings power to make it through this downturn on our own from here on out. Speculation about nationalizing Bank of America is based on a lack of understanding of our financial position and a lack of awareness of the facts. Attached is a fact sheet detailing our capital position, financial performance and business activity.

Given these facts, I see no reason whatsoever that anyone would contemplate nationalizing Bank of America. On Friday, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs was very clear, saying, ?This administration continues to strongly believe that a privately held banking system is the correct way to go.?

There is no question that the recession is continuing to worsen and that rising credit costs will continue to put pressure on the financial sector. But there are also some encouraging signs. The corporate debt markets are showing some signs of thawing in both high yield and high grade. And the mortgage boom is so intense we had to suspend some advertising briefly to give our teams a chance to catch up.

Our acquisition of Countrywide Financial is enabling us to take full advantage of the surge in demand for mortgage financing.

We already are seeing some benefits in the market of our combination of Bank of America and Merrill Lynch, in terms of winning mandates to raise capital for new and existing clients. And Merrill Lynch Financial Advisors posted nearly a half-billion dollars in Certificate of Deposit sales in the first four weeks these products were available to their clients.

While our country and world are facing great economic and market challenges, we at Bank of America are confident about the strength and stability of our company and committed, first and foremost, to supporting our clients. We value our relationship with you and look forward to continuing to provide advice, guidance and solutions to your financial needs.

Sincerely,

Kenneth D. Lewis

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Supporting Customers In the fourth quarter of 2008, we:

? Originated more than $60 billion in new loans for consumers, including

? $45 billion in mortgages

? $5 billion in home equity

? $2 billion for vehicles, boats, RVs

? $8 billion in domestic card and unsecured consumer credit

? $800 million in student loans

? Opened 130,000 net new checking accounts

? Opened 380,000 net new savings accounts

? Opened nearly 400,000 Risk Free CDs

? Grew overall retail core deposits by 15% year-over-year

Supporting Businesses In the fourth quarter of 2008, we:

? Made $49 billion in commercial loans

? Made $7 billion in commercial real estate loans

? Extended nearly $1 billion in new credit to more than 47,000 small business customers

? Grew overall commercial deposits by 12% year-over-year

? Raised more than $30.6 billion in debt and equity capital for our clients

Supporting Communities In the fourth quarter of 2008, we:

? Originated more than $11 billion in mortgages for more than 77,000 low-to-moderate income

borrowers

In 2008, we:

? Modified nearly 230,000 home loans, representing more than $44 billion in mortgage financing

? Modified nearly 850,000 credit card loans for borrowers experiencing financial hardship

? Donated $200 million to non-profit institutions supporting critical community needs

? Delivered more than $450 million in loans and investments to Community Development Financial Institutions

And our associates:

? Volunteered more than 900,000 hours in our communities

? Donated more than $25 million to charitable organizations, matched by Bank of America?s Matching Gift Program

It's possible... we're due for the 4th wave of larger degree soon, so we should get something of a bounce there -- probably not as much of a bounce as July, though. We'd then have to get an extended 5th, which happened plenty during the bull market, so maybe it would be poetic justice. It would also be fitting for Prechter to have failed to anticipate it on the way down, too. :lol:

Archived