Politics Free Weak End

Let's talk about the market, the economy and other light hearted fare. Most political stuff will not make it through our program filters, so you shouldn't waste any effort on it. Unfortunately the quality of our political analysis and opinions is even worse than it is on the markets. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's talk about the market, the economy and other light hearted fare. Most political stuff will not make it through our program filters, so you shouldn't waste any effort on it. Unfortunately the quality of our political analysis and opinions is even worse than it is on the markets.? :lol:? :lol:? :lol:

684535[/snapback]

The only candidate worth discussing is *deleted*; the rest of them are all a bunch of *deleted* *deleted*!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Anybody who disagrees can *deleted* *deleted*!!!!!!!! :angry:

And another thing....*deleted* *deleted* in the *deleted* and *deleted*!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Homebuyers turn screws on desperate sellers

These days, sellers almost always pay the closing costs instead of the buyers, according to John Rygiol, an Exclusive Home Buyer Brokerage agent in Orange County, Calif.

Even local taxes are on the table these days, according to Adele Hrovat, the owner of The Buyer's Realty of Las Vegas. She got the bank that was selling a four-bedroom, three-bath, house to pay an $11,000 tax assessment on top of $6,000 in closing costs. And that was after the price was slashed from $489,900 to $399,000.

In New England, buyers are demanding that sellers pay to fill up a home's heating oil tank. Nearly everywhere, buyers are insisting that sellers purchase a home service contract providing a one year warranty on all of a home's appliances.

Just saw a very interesting reportage on german tv about Wal-Mart. Originally it was from "Frontline", thats a magazine on american tv as far as i know. At the end the follwing question was posed to several different people: Did the standard of living in the US go up or down because of Wal-Mart? What do you stoolheimers think?

Interesting was the part about Rubbermaid, which was once a very good company with a very good brand name. Until it made itself too dependend on Wal-Mart.

Just saw a very interesting reportage on german tv about Wal-Mart. Originally it was from "Frontline", thats a magazine on american tv as far as i know. At the end the follwing question was posed to several different people: Did the standard of living in the US go up or down because of Wal-Mart? What do you stoolheimers think?

Interesting was the part about Rubbermaid, which was once a very good company with a very good brand name. Until it made itself too dependend on Wal-Mart.

684542[/snapback]

that topic is going to be almost as political as the IDS thread.

but I just moved in and I have a walmart store very close.

If you feel down and feel bad about yourself - go to a walmart store, you feel like a movie star.

684542[/snapback]

Because of the way Walmart reduced the sellers margins to zip - I think the standard of living went down... <_<

GAWD DAMN-IT!!!!

Someone on IDS today made a comment along the lines of, "so which bank is gonna fail after the close today"

I was gonna vote for INTEGRITY BANK.

From the FDIC -- also note that these guys were one of the banks that was offering CD yields way above everyone else in 2007/2008

On August 29, 2008, Integrity Bank, Alpharetta, GA was closed by the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) was named Receiver. No advance notice is given to the public when a financial institution is closed.

The FDIC has assembled useful information regarding your relationship with this institution. Besides a checking account, you may have Certificates of Deposit, a car loan, a business checking account, a commercial loan, a Social Security direct deposit, and other relationships with the institution. The FDIC has compiled the following information which should answer many of your questions.

that topic is going to be almost as political as the IDS thread.

but I just moved in and I have a walmart store very close.

If you feel down and feel bad about yourself - go to a walmart store, you feel like a movie star.

684543[/snapback]

because of those 75 year old "greeters", or should we say "critters"? :lol:

Because of the way Walmart reduced the sellers margins to zip - I think the standard of living went down...  <_<

684544[/snapback]

thats was my impression too. The price pressure from Wal-Mart is extraordinary. They squeeze their suppliers till they cant breath anymore. This is no "live and let live" anymore, this is "i live, if you die, your problem".

thats was my impression too. The price pressure from Wal-Mart is extraordinary. They squeeze their suppliers till they cant breath anymore. This is no "live and let live" anymore, this is "i live, if you die, your problem".

684550[/snapback]

And I'm not even including all the local businesses (and moderate paying jobs) that were run out of town by the lower prices. :(

Archived