IDS World Markets Thurs 16th August 07

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The charts are breaking down. Blew through a/o ran away from the 200dma yesterday. Everything is below except Down Jones (sitting right on it). Started slicing through support levels; it looks like the avalanche has started. Beware of out-thinking yourself. I did yesterday and it cost me some gains. I got back in and looking to add margin on any uptick or pause in the selling today. Shorting the financials is fun - kind of like getting your interest payments back. :D

Looking for a test of Globex ES low: 1392.50 --> LW's magic SPX# ~1387. A successful test of last night's ER2 low 745.80 would give rutty a double bottom @742. Not THE BOTTOM, but a plausible spot for a scarebears bounce. :unsure:

With yenamoto san breaking 114 overnight, there have got to be some very serious carry trade issues out there. Any long trades will be scalps only; I remain heavily short via TWM, MZZ & QID. :ph34r:

Tan Man tapped enough money to pay is salary and insider selling, for now:

"Countrywide Financial Corp., the biggest U.S. mortgage lender, tapped an $11.5 billion credit line to shore up its available cash.

The unsecured credit line is with a group of 40 of the world's largest banks"

"Countrywide five-year credit swaps climbed 250 basis points to 850 basis points"

Wow, 40 biggest bagholders, wonder if there's any chinese financing this. Who's going to "merge" with CFC?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...nXTs&refer=home

In other news, the trade war with china continues:

"Tipped off by J&J, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a nationwide consumer alert in October without disclosing the link to China. While no injuries were reported, inaccurate test readings may lead a diabetic to inject the wrong amount of insulin, causing harm or death, the agency said. Fake medicines are a $32 billion global business, says the World Health Organization, and the FDA says it ran 54 counterfeit investigations in 2006, almost double the year before."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...YwKc&refer=home

The chinese haven't responded by restricting foreigner entrepreneurial activity in China so far...

Madame Wu holding out on the bids is more subtle, they've got that gambler back bone.

600148[/snapback]

I wonder if CFC is using that line of Credit to buy back more shares so Tan Angelo can get more money out. :lol:

angelo.gif

I think a big bounce is inevitable today. Crashes never occur on Friday. Monday and Tuesday are the best bet.

600149[/snapback]

Want to make clear that I do not expect a reversal day, just a strong bounce from the lows, wherever they may be.

600151[/snapback]

From what I can tell, every trader Tom out there is planning to short the rallies. So bounces will be meeting a wall of resistance at those key pts (fib, resistance lines etc). My plan is here is just to sit tight on my (big) short positions. Right now, I think the risk is in not holding the shorts for the big move.

600153[/snapback]

Some fumble manager being interviewed by info babe on CNBS. " it is a great buying opportunity. I have zero cash", :blink: Even the info babe was shaken, :lol:

I think a big bounce is inevitable today. Crashes never occur on Friday. Monday and Tuesday are the best bet.

600149[/snapback]

Want to make clear that I do not expect a reversal day, just a strong bounce from the lows, wherever they may be.

600151[/snapback]

From what I can tell, every trader Tom out there is planning to short the rallies. So bounces will be meeting a wall of resistance at those key pts (fib, resistance lines etc). My plan is here is just to sit tight on my (big) short positions. Right now, I think the risk is in not holding the shorts for the big move.

600153[/snapback]

Some fumble manager being interviewed by info babe on CNBS. " it is a great buying opportunity. I have zero cash", :blink: Even the info babe was shaken, :lol:

600174[/snapback]

To counter that Gloomberg cut off a guy when he said something like "we're overweight gold and think it has been a great hold for years, thousand of years", the reporter scoffed "right" and they went to commercials.

Archived