Saddam Shocker

If I'm curt, then I appologize

http://www.safehaven.com/showarticle.cfm?id=1181

So what if numbers are annualized. Everyone knows it's all a sham. If the hedonic adjustments doesn't do it the bogus inflation will

$2.9t was the current total foreign-exchange reserves at the end of September according to the IMF. At the end of 2002 64.5% was USD, 18.7% EUR, 4.5% JPY, 4.4% GBP, and Other 7.9%. USD holdings was 67.9% at the end of 1999

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but what makes you think you've got the skill and/or luck to be able to sell at the right time and then buy back in at a lower price?

Calculus,

I certainly dont have the skills to get in and get out at the right time (thats why I used goldx mutual fund). I bailed out for 2 reasons:

1. did not want to leave a decent chunk of change on the table (offset other losses, no taxes on this gain)

2. A market meltdown will affect all stocks - I looked at NEM in '87. It went down big time with the market (from 80+ to 20), irrespective of the price of gold.

Will the market meltdown from here? "I dont know and neither do they" :lol:

I wouldnt short gold stocks (unlike ScottCardiff - I dont know enough). I'd rather short weakness. Am short SLAB, POWI and COF (all based upon pattern breakdown)

- Silky

I posted out last night that the Commercials made their biggest move to the short side in a long time and may well be even shorter now. I think so because there was a lot of put buying on the spike this morning.

All the puts SPX series' I look at had triple digit volume in the first 1/2 hour...haven't seen that in a long time. Most seemed to trade around the VIX low print.

Big money is short, for the moment anyway.

For the real economy to function consumers...

Consumers are anyone without the power to create debt out of thin air...

Consumers must request it to be created...

400,000 potential consumers per week for the last 52+ are being cut off from their source of leverage or current income...Yes they can request the creation of debt but their ability to service it is getting harder and harder...and without current income which is previously created debt used as leverage for new debt creation they reach their maximum potential to consume or request the creation of debt very quickly...

Unless wages increase significantly or rates drop significantly then it is impossible to continue this for much longer...

If I'm curt, then I appologize

http://www.safehaven.com/showarticle.cfm?id=1181

So what if numbers are annualized. Everyone knows it's all a sham. If the hedonic adjustments doesn't do it the bogus inflation will

$2.9t was the current total foreign-exchange reserves at the end of September according to the IMF. At the end of 2002 64.5% was USD, 18.7% EUR, 4.5% JPY, 4.4% GBP, and Other 7.9%. USD holdings was 67.9% at the end of 1999

Curt who? :blink:

Archived