IDS World Markets Mon 6th October 08

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Radio Free Wall Street 10/8/2008".

Doc, pretty bold to be making predictions that far ahead!  :-)

696285[/snapback]

Wait--I was only referring to the "10/8/2008" in the link description.

696298[/snapback]

wups! OK, I fixed it. :lol:

I was reading M2M last night after returning from wife's 50th HS class reunion last night It was an interesting weekend.

I want to commend the posters on some outstanding pieces, especially Scully, and am glad to see some old names return.

I also want to thank Doc for continuing his outstanding analysis of this terrible situation we find ourselves in. As one mentioned, a number of people on this board have seen this slow motion train wreck developing over the last six years.

but no one in his right mind wanted this situation to develope but many are prepared.

I closed my last shorts on the open Tuesday morning in preparation to leaving town, but have gold my GLD plus my physical. It looks like we have a lot more downside.

I am posting a link to historical data on Gold and silver off of KITCO. Silver actually did worst in the depression than I had remembered.

http://www.kitco.com/scripts/hist_charts/yearly_graphs.plx

http://www.kitco.com/scripts/hist_charts/yearly_graphs.plx

Hilarious cluelessness from congressmen on Crapvision, Rep Norton on CDS:

"Why didn't they come to congress and ask for regulation?"

Yeah, right, Madame. 'Cause congress really knows how to fix things!

696343[/snapback]

With people like her making decisions, it is easy to see how we are in this mess.

$900 billion of TAF credit will potentially be outstanding over year end.

Is that a lot?

That last bit about transferring assets from a subsidiary's MMF to a parent bank is interesting. Just who is it that asked for permission? Are they transferring the MMF crap to the parent bank because the MMF doesn't qualify for the existing laundering operations and they can't wait for Paulson's plan to go into effect? There's already a Fed swap plan for MMFs.

They're headed for a 0% reserve solution. Bernanke's answer to the 100% reserve solution.

Archived