• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stick around, Fart!

"Baby, please don't go!!!"

"Baby, please don't go!!!"

"Baby, please don't go

"Down to New Orleans cuz..."

everyone gets a burr under their saddle every now and then.

'Sides, life's too "short"!!!

and BARE is beginning to think HE is, too!

Realist,

I totally agree with you regarding the action of bonds for the last two weeks. I can not see a rally starting up from here. However, I have to honor my stop. Lets hope that they gap up really high then reverse after the ISM numbers comes out. They might even dump before. We will see.

Oilman

Guest Grizzly Bear

Lotsa folks seem worried about the overnight futures, so I thought the following information may be of interest...

Morning Briefing December 2, 2002

On that day, also a Monday, the futures opened +13.4 SPX and +27.5 NDX.

S&P 500 Futures

+13.4

Nasdaq 100 Futures

+27.5

And we all know what happened afterwards. :P

The boyz like to jam the futures on a reversal day--that blows out the bears with tight stops and sucks in the last of the mo-mo longs for the slaughter.

I plan to sell the open :D

Let's see if it can take out 847 and make it stick, FURst.

Looks like 841's probably a goner.

853? how about 853-856?

we may be back to full-blown "wanton and wilful" (com?)mode

Brian 4 is probably right, as is the Sun article. The Shrub has been moving his chess pieces FUR about two years. The time to unleash an attack hASS arrived. It's HERE. He's displaying mounting FURustration/impatience. He's SNOT about to let it slip by, unutilized guesses this observer.

His ASStro suggests early success BTW.

HRFF's ASStro warned about the next six weeks being dangerous to survival if he adhered to "fixed ideas".

We'll, he's going to adhere to the notion this is a secular bear market, that the bottom wasn't in in October, etc.

Some are already talking about sharply higher prices at month's end if the war goes "well". Equity prices.

Will Iraqi troops obey orders to torch THEIR OWN oil fields?

Would YOU were you one of them so ordered?

Fart,

Many disagreements occur between rational people due to interpretations of each others words. In my view, if you and doc just discussed this in private instead of in public, you would probably realize that your positions are closer than you think and where you have differing positions, there is a rational argument for both and it is an honest disagreement. So both you and doc should handle this privately and it will be resolved.

IMHO, don't listen to me, I am not a psychologist.

Sweefy, what's your point, please? Just a retracement of the rise or are you insinuating a potent bounce FURom here cuz of it?

Can anyone tell HRFF if it's possible to attach WAV files to these threads using the "BROWSE" feature?

Tia.

oh, Sweefy, Richard Russell says a 50% bounce from a steep rapid decline is THE most certain pricing action in the market.

We are not coming off a steep precipitous decline here, either

Fart, KEEP CLAM ass they say here in Seattle.

Ya ain't the only one around here who's had a dust up w Doc re this sorta thing if that's any consolation to ya.

Life's too "short" and it's about to get horribly serious FUR everybuddy.

The funny thing is that the ISM was to be reported on that Monday Dec 2. also.  Hehe, I bet we will see a big reversal.

Oilman

Wow, you should be on the Capitalstool Forensic Analysis team!

Hmm -- CSI -- Capital Stool Investigates....... catchy name for a TV show......

Hmmm, no on second thought -- "CSI: Happy Acres" just doesn't have the ring to it that "CSI: Miami" has.

Not Current But Still Fun

There was a question about San Diego and it's housing earlier in this thread:

San Diego lags in recessions by a year or two. Diego is a retirement town with no snow.

Lately manufacturing leads all industries then Military then tourism.

(Haven't checked what areas of manufacturing are present but some major headquarters exist here)

La Jolla and Rancho Santa Fe are richest areas in the county with lots of beach or coastal properties available.

If Diego is late in entering a recession then it is late to recover as compared to the rest of the Country.

We believe the slowing money supply accompanied by less GDP produced by each dollar of money supply (velocity) is a precursor of debt reduction.

COMSTOCK PARTNERS from their latest commentary.

Isn't it a MAJOR assumption around here that money supply is growing, the Fed is FEEDING like MAD, etc.?

Would y'all go look at their website and read the article about how rising prices doesn't necessarily mean inflation/might mean deflation, instead, and pull up the charts on M2 & M3 and velocity in the links at the end of the article.

Here:

http://www.comstockfunds.com/index.cfm?act...roup=Home&aol=1

And then please tell HRFF whether this is consistent or inconsistent with the arguments about money supply, liquidity occurring on this website by various and sundry people?

PRETTY please?

Tia!

HRFF doesn't know what to make of it all and is glad he is SNOT an eonomista!

Cheers.

Archived