Sudden Recoil

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emotion and Greed, which one will do you in? Maybe both!!! For the record, I think the ISM numbers is not going to be close to 52 as expected, but below. they will pump this POS and scare the living sh..t out of the bears, then dump and dump. I have not seen a down gap in a very long time as this market continue its down ward movement. This should speak volume!!!

Oilman

Here's a piece of BULLISH news for all the worried bears tonight! :o

Top manager predicts a depression

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/busin...ess/5290493.htm

"Three years ago, when Michael O'Higgins was entirely out of stocks and into zero-coupon Treasury bonds, when he was predicting that stocks would lose half their worth, I didn't believe him."

"O'Higgins, for whom the term contrarian is much too mild, has a record of being right when most of us are headed in the wrong direction. And a record of making money while we're losing it."

The tick on Friday was very strong yet the Dow barely budged ;) . 2 weeks ago the same tick would've ramped the Dow 200 points. This tells you that there was a lot of buying Friday (eom 401k money) that hit a brick wall of sell limits.

Ususally this is asscoiated with big money getting shorter. It happened on Dec 2 too. Blow off top on very high tick yet we ended the day with a DOJI.

Guys, big money is getting ready for a big slide.

Having said that, always have stops (and don't cheat with stops).

One more thing, futures are useless until 8:30 AM ET.

Go get'em.

It is funny how we look at the futures and worry so much. It seems that the higher they go in the futures, the harder they fall. I say let them as by day end, we will see 830 and on our way to 775. This is what we all are waiting for, the blow off top is here.

Oilman

It is funny how we look at the futures and worry so much.

We worry? I'm not worried, I just read between the lines. I anticipate adding to short positions if the indexes do indeed fly higher tommorrow. Just keep taking a look at what has been going on in bonds for the past two weeks, have a look at the 10 and 30 year yields, the charts clearly show that there ain't no friggin' rally right around the corner!

Here's a piece of BULLISH news for all the worried bears tonight! :o

Top manager predicts a depression

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/busin...ess/5290493.htm

"Three years ago, when Michael O'Higgins was entirely out of stocks and into zero-coupon Treasury bonds, when he was predicting that stocks would lose half their worth, I didn't believe him."

"O'Higgins, for whom the term contrarian is much too mild, has a record of being right when most of us are headed in the wrong direction. And a record of making money while we're losing it."

Interesting story but sounds like he didn't take his own bearish advice enough. BEARX beat him handily last year. Plus, what's up with selecting Newmont as a #1 gold stock with their ongoing gold hedging program?

When the real estate mortgage bubble stops inflating and RE prices drop despite steady or lower interest rates, then we will know the game is up and depression will follow. Plus we are coming closer and closer to a time to short the bond market.

Good luck to you fart.

I disagree with you on the markets and have no clue as to why you would type jew instead of israeli but you fought the fight.

After reading your post. I see doc's point.

Best of luck.

When Demand Drops...

"...So there is no new real demand. There is more demand, but it, like the idiot fiat dollar bills that we call money, is as phony as, hmmm, is there a way to diss Bill Clinton here? Phony as everything about Bill Clinton. Therefore, as soon as the stimulus stops, the demand drops back to some natural lower natural level, since there was no extra real demand in the first place. Stimulus stops, then demand drops. Hey! That rhymes! And sorta catchy too! Continuing in that poetic mode, when demand drops, production stops. When production stops, employment flops. When employment flops, consumption plops. Flops mops plops tops plops plops plops. I can't stop myself! Plop plop plop!..."

The Mogambo Guru

- The Fed is baaAAaack! Last week was a glorious explosion of $10.4 billion in brand new credit. They bought up over a billion dollar's worth of government debt, too. Whereas the newspapers and the other talking heads are waxing apoplectic over Bush's proposed $307 billion federal spending deficit, here is the damned Fed creating almost TWICE as much and nobody makes a peep! Amazing!

The Treasury, with John Snow as the new Secretary, is anxious to show that he is as arrogant as the rest of the Bush administration, and is now a cool $22.7 billion over the limit, all of which was done in one stinking week. The Treasury has been adding debt to our bill at the rate of about $60 billion PER MONTH for the last year. This is PER MONTH, which you should note is somehow significant judging by my incessant use of all-capital letters bringing your attention to it. Sixty billion bucks per month times twelve months is a big pile of new debt every year. And who must pay this debt? The 110 million workers who are not, theoretically, directly employed by government. That comes to just about $6,500 more debt added to each of our private-sector burdens.

To add insult to injury, the Treasury also released $4.4 billion in actual cash in the week.

Daily Reckoning

Archived