Bad News Bottoms

From the clueless in NYC folder......

"Without the talent of Wall Street to bring us back into a position of leadership in the global economy, we're going to be in bad shape as a world economic power," said Kathryn Wilde of the Partnership for New York.

Wylde says the Obama salary cap will lead to a critical brain drain ? China and the United Arab Emirates have already come to poach Wall Street talent. She also says lower salaries in the financial industry will mean dramatically lower tax revenues for the city and state.

Link

Kathryn Wilde Official Photo

kwylde.jpg

Sorry Kathryn but that's not the way we see it out here in the real world.

It was that "talent" that helped turn the world financial system into an on-going trainwreck, throw millions of people around the world out of work and force governments everywhere to burden the next generation with the bill to clean up the whole mess.

Now that "talent" is snorting down trillions in public handouts like pigs at the trough.

So I vote to let those "brains" go to China and the UAE, both of which endorse public execution for notorious crimes against society.

This is really the money quote:

"We also depend heavily on the financial services industry to fund our economy and our tax rolls," said Wylde. "Last year 20 percent of our income taxes in the states ? 12 percent in New York City came from Wall Street."

And it's absolutely true. NYC is forked -- totally and permanently forked. Katie knows that, but she'd like to hold on to her job as long as she can so she babbles about a "brain drain." Whatever. <_<

BTW, whatever significance the Euro/Yen has elsewhere, I can promise you this: deleveraging on the island of Manhattan has just begun. Before it's over, what's going on in Miami et. al. will look like a comparative garden party. Count on it. :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If "Timmy G. & Co" get some love one Monday/next week, SKF could tag the magic $100 buy-mark....if it does, I will be watching closely, and if it looks good I will be doing the 'mon back

ACRES OF DIAMONDS

(or at least an nice 50% one week gainer)

big.chart?symb=skf&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=50,200&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=2598680&style=320&time=7&freq=1&comp=NO_SYMBOL_CHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=1144&mocktick=1

From the clueless in NYC folder......

"Without the talent of Wall Street to bring us back into a position of leadership in the global economy, we're going to be in bad shape as a world economic power," said Kathryn Wilde of the Partnership for New York.

Wylde says the Obama salary cap will lead to a critical brain drain ? China and the United Arab Emirates have already come to poach Wall Street talent. She also says lower salaries in the financial industry will mean dramatically lower tax revenues for the city and state.

Link

Kathryn Wilde Official Photo

kwylde.jpg

Sorry Kathryn but that's not the way we see it out here in the real world.

It was that "talent" that helped turn the world financial system into an on-going trainwreck, throw millions of people around the world out of work and force governments everywhere to burden the next generation with the bill to clean up the whole mess.

Now that "talent" is snorting down trillions in public handouts like pigs at the trough.

So I vote to let those "brains" go to China and the UAE, both of which endorse public execution for notorious crimes against society.

here's what the "talent" was wisely doing with other people's money:

CEOs, Bankers Used Corporate Credit Cards for Sex, Says New York Madam

I just got back from my condo hunting expedition.....

What an absolute disaster

I cannot even fathom the amount of condo inventory that is out there.Perfect condition,900-1000 sf 2 bedroom condo's for 60-70k

The problem is that there are thousands of them,No chance in hell i would take a chance on trying to buy one and find a worthy tennant.

Just had to see for myself :mellow:

Even worse was all the vacant office,retail and warehouse space i saw today.You would still not believe it even if you were there.

What if what Tim G says Monday the market no likee? I think it might be time to fade myself. I've assumed and assumed and assumed some more the whole thing will be love and kisses and glorious dirty no questions asked sex for banksters everywhere. Hasn't everybody? The thing is there isn't enough money in the world to really make them happy and if you think about it Tim doesn't have any money to spend. Besides the already allocated TARP II. Unless he asks congress. To bail out the banksters? Haahhhahaa. He could have Ben print it up for him. That's the ticket.

It's Friday's FDIC winner, winner....

hungryman.gif

...a two-bagger !!!

California Bank and Trust, San Diego, CA, Acquires All of the Deposits of Alliance Bank, Culver City, CA

February 6, 2009

Regions Bank, Birmingham, AL, Acquires All the Deposits of FirstBank Financial Services, McDonough, GA

February 6, 2009

I just got back from my condo hunting expedition.....

What an absolute disaster

I cannot even fathom the amount of condo inventory that is out there.Perfect condition,900-1000 sf 2 bedroom condo's for 60-70k

The problem is that there are thousands of them,No chance in hell i would take a chance on trying to buy one and find a worthy tennant.

Just had to see for myself :mellow:

Even worse was all the vacant office,retail and warehouse space i saw today.You would still not believe it even if you were there.

Where is 'there'?

Latest Zoombie Bank news..........

Citigroup Hides Mystery Meat in Balance Sheet

Feb. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Even now, Citigroup Inc.’s bosses can’t get over their delusions of grandeur.

You can see their shiny optimism in a $44 billion balance- sheet item called deferred-tax assets, which is a fancy term for pent-up losses that the bank hopes to use later to cut its tax bills.

That figure tells you Citigroup’s executives, in spite of their bank’s near-collapse, are still forecasting future profits as far as the eye can see. They have every incentive to do this, too. If they ever turned pessimistic, the assets might go poof.

While you won’t find any mention of deferred taxes in Citigroup’s latest earnings release, this may be the most important asset on the bank’s books today. It also looks the fishiest, at more than three times what it was a year ago, and more than double the company’s $19 billion stock-market value.

Those assets represented 55 percent of Citigroup’s common shareholder equity as of Dec. 31. And one crucial question still unanswered is how much of that $44 billion Citigroup is including in its closely watched Tier 1 capital, the primary gauge the government uses to measure a bank’s ability to survive losses.

Link

Archived