Bulls frozen with fear

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

specie

spicy question, the answer is: it does not matter. the more important answer is: What is the difference between wood and forest ? grip the life time opportunity: On the way down & on the way up.

Bull has no hope

12 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

post-1069-13212145701577.jpg

Barbu, are you suggesting that today's action based on the 10/20 month moving average is similar to that of 2001 & 2008? I'm not seeing it yet....

10 and 20 still trending up.

post-1444-13219975181154.jpg

Barbu, are you suggesting that today's action based on the 10/20 month moving average is similar to that of 2001 & 2008? I'm not seeing it yet....

10 and 20 still trending up.

I_Am_Madness

I trade by 'feeling', yes, the monthly moving averages 10/20 are still moving up; The pattern may be different from time to time, Bull craps out the same way. Think about, is it true Once you get the confirmation of (monthly moving average) rolling down, the Index will be at the same level again?

Traders are trading at different time frame so I just reported what I did & what I thought. I went short via TZA 30/PCXU 14 averaged. For this run, I 'expect' S&P 1100 +/- 50. getting there. Bounce no more than 1250-1260, 950 in Spring 2012.

cheers

I_Am_Madness

I trade by 'feeling', yes, the monthly moving averages 10/20 are still moving up; The pattern may be different from time to time, Bull craps out the same way. Think about, is it true Once you get the confirmation of (monthly moving average) rolling down, the Index will be at the same level again?

Traders are trading at different time frame so I just reported what I did & what I thought. I went short via TZA 30/PCXU 14 averaged. For this run, I 'expect' S&P 1100 +/- 50. getting there. Bounce no more than 1250-1260, 950 in Spring 2012.

cheers

Thanks, Bar Bu. No need for people to agree with each other. Good to hear from everyone who wants to contribute.

Has trading by feeling been successful for you? The only person whom I've heard of who did it that way successfully is George Soros, who supposedly has severe back pain whenever the markets are about to make an important turn. Or people who are actually present trading at the stock exchange who pick up the feelings of the participants there.

I know for myself, if I really feel like buying, its usually a top and if I feel like selling it's usually a bottom. If I get in a trade and I feel really scared, it more often works out than not.

Thanks, Bar Bu. No need for people to agree with each other. Good to hear from everyone who wants to contribute.

Has trading by feeling been successful for you? The only person whom I've heard of who did it that way successfully is George Soros, who supposedly has severe back pain whenever the markets are about to make an important turn. Or people who are actually present trading at the stock exchange who pick up the feelings of the participants there.

I know for myself, if I really feel like buying, its usually a top and if I feel like selling it's usually a bottom. If I get in a trade and I feel really scared, it more often works out than not.

If we get a VIX in the upper 40's,I made up my mind to put 1/3 into high divvy stocks,and will add if we continue to drop.I am in the middle of once again unloading as much of my bonds as possible to raise cash.We probably won't see a VIX that high unless we get near SPX 1050 or so.

I have a feeling it is best to make my first purchases and just not look again unless more limit orders fill lower.Watching day to day is too stressful to take for me.But it's hard NOT to watch. :unsure:

I coulda caught the last bottom if I listened to my broker,instead of listening to fear.....He called it right at the low just trading off the VIX. (does not always work though) :ph34r:

I started trading futures with the vix and let me tell you... The vix has absolutely no information that the rest of the market doesn't have. Vix futures are a great vehicle to make a killing but the timing is very difficult.

Infact, the vix is one of the few vehicles I have found that I get a "Gut Feeling" about. After a couple of good up days(or a couple up weeks) I know exactly when to go long the vix(usually at the close of a good week but with falling volume). But then I get greedy and lever up. More to the point, the good trading days are so few and far between for the vix that it is a usefull indicator which should certainly be in your arsenal...

Just shouldn't be your main weapon. Know you weren't really talking about trading the vix, but it all applies. smile.gif

I would also add that you can be easily fooled by the douchbags on CNBC about VIX 30+ or VIX 35+. I beleive, and I'm basing this on absolutely nothing concrete, that the number means nothing except in correlation with the previous levels and where support lies. I've charted it relativly extensively and most of the time the vix doesn't even rhyme let alone repeat a former pattern.

So on other related topics... We may not have long to wait. 2:30-3:00 am would correspond with this upper channel breaking 1180. If it takes the ES with it....

post-8220-13220098890824.gif

Archived