Riverboating Groper's Paradise

The boyz certainly know how to put on a good show.

Aside from lackluster total volume they got the ratio just right.

• ................................NYSE..................... AMEX..............NASDUCK
  • Advancing Volume 1,407,238,820 .. 14,314,610 .. 1,131,927,910
  • Declining Volume........91,696,790 .. 10,346,520.......111,087,558
  • Unchanged Volume....13,855,820..... 3,115,650........ 21,027,556
  • Total Volume........ 1,512,791,430 .. 27,776,780 .. 1,264,043,024

Ten year yield

int-adv.chart?siteid=mktw&symb=TNX&sid=11420&time=1&freq=6&startdate=&enddate=&comp=&compidx=SP500~3377&ma=0&maval=50&uf=8192&lf=131072&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=1&style=1013&mocktick=1&rand=674&siteid=mktw.gif

Short paper boyz didn't join the crowd

int-adv.chart?siteid=mktw&symb=IRX&sid=6021&time=1&freq=7&startdate=&enddate=&comp=&compidx=SP500~3377&ma=0&maval=50&uf=8192&lf=131072&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=1&style=1013&mocktick=1&rand=267&siteid=mktw.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This level of momentum could carry on for weeks or even months.

huh? based on one (light) day's action?

It's the first trading day of the year, and as 27 understands it, money comes into the market around the first of the year that MUST go long (especially since the market "just can't go down 4 years in a row!"). Also note today's rather meager volume. These factors likely explain the "best technicals in months".

i27ho, the better play is to be bearish the next few months

Guest The CoinGuy

Heading off to dinner(I don't cook much),

Wanted to lay this out before I go...

Anyone having any luck with finding/or know about good Natural Resource Mutual Funds. I'm coming up dry as a bone. I wish I could make up a proxy/etf for the CRB, now that would be wonderful.

I'm going to put this article in from Thom Colandra, he recommends a small fund here, but it has swissies, gold, and US doolars, I don't need anymore of these...

03: Looking for more Pigs in A Poke

Not interested in Rogers fund, I'm not a fan of his. Any other recommendations please speak up.

Thanks to all,

The CoinGuy

---2003 Top %age Miner Pick - WHT Wheaton River Mining---

And yes I have a position :D :D A large one.... :P

The market revved up here yesterday arvo and looked quite bullish. Got the pop on open today but drifting down again now. Could have another go later I guess but I have to say not particularly bullish at this stage. Most the stocks that popped on open are now well off their highs. Golds are doing a small pullback but good support on the buying side of things. Can't see them falling too far. I'm sceptical that this upside will continue next week...

Flaming T.

Preliminary Stoolie Shortfolio

I'm not legging into it yet as I noticed enough skepticism on this rally while watching the intraday p/c ratios. We're getting close but wait as you will get better entry prices with much less risk later (next week?).

I'll even consider RYVNX but only if this

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/streetoo...ker_symbol=INTC

gets to at least .40

Right shouders are being formed. I remember the short selling profits, after up:down volume was so high....July last year. Excellent coin!

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$nyupv:$nydnv,uu[s,a]daclyyay[dd][pa10][vc60][iud20!la12,26,9]

NO new buys flashed on NDX....as in ZERO.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$bpndx,uu[s,a]daclyyay[dd][pb13][vc60][iud20!la12,26,9]

FEW new buys on SPX.....roughly ONE.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$bpspx,uu[s,a]daclyyay[dd][pb13][vc60][iud20!la12,26,9]

Pitiful.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$nasi,uu[s,a]daclyyay[dd][pb13][vc60][iud20!la12,26,9]

Good short opp....wow. The 12 month cycle is down, too.

chart.asp?symb=ibm&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=13&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=1024&type=4&size=1&state=15&sid=2595&style=320&time=13&freq=3&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=9417&mocktick=1

Always a keeper...for peace of mind. Partying on the banks of hell.

chart.asp?symb=bkx&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=13&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=1024&type=4&size=1&state=15&sid=8910&style=320&time=13&freq=3&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=6934&mocktick=1

My favorite squeeze play. Donged it....and will dong more, as long as this shoulder is being assembled. Keeps the volatility in my short port down to very acceptable levels.

chart.asp?symb=sox&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=13&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=1024&type=4&size=1&state=15&sid=11520&style=320&time=12&freq=3&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=5872&mocktick=1

My biggest concern, over the longer term, is whether any institutions will be open to pay my profits....after the 'devastating' fall. Guess it won't matter......optimistically speaking..... :lol:

Mark,

I curious about your translation of the news/comments on JPM today. Did you hear the JPM guy he sounded like Bill talking about Monica? Perhaps JPM was ?Ministering?

The issues get to the heart of your thesis on derivatives speculation. Here?s JPM hedging its speculative lending to Enron with Enron puts held by a quasi legal paper companies designed to engage in the very same quasi legal speculation. Yet very uncharacteristically even with ?the smoking gun emails in hand? the insurers buy out for 50% on the dollar. Go figure why in hell didn?t the insurers go to the mat, there?s no question they had the wind at their back on JPM and they make their living on keeping very mean lawyers busy.

It would seem the whole thing was going to get too muddy for everyone too quickly for the parties to squabble over $500 million! I find that to be astonishing.

This to my mind was the story of the day. We all pick our stories of course. Back scratching deals in credit bubble land, like the HI deal, are the mothers milk of this sick baby.

ABK was in on the JPM suit. That wasn't nice. It isn't nice to bite the hand that feeds you. Directly by sending you bussiness, and indirectly by the street holding up your stock.

The second I heard "settlement" it all seemed so obvious. One can only imagine the pressure brought to bear on both sides. Split the difference boys and you'll both come out smelling good. Sure enough, all the stocks were very green today.

This is the sort of thing that gets settled with quiet weekend phonecalls between seriously rich and connected people in Arlington ,The Hamptons, London and Zurich. You've got to hand it to them. Trillions down the drain and they are still quitely confident.

Torah, see post at 8:10PM.

Meta, this is a juicy one. Glad I was patient and waited. Seemed like an eternity since Oct 23rd. I'm going to dong a few more screamers for fun til this POS peaks.

Tons of negative divergences setting up on this rally for sure. :lol:

Rallying against declining summations, BPIs, LT cycles. This is a wet dream come true! Please wake me up, no don't!

Tim Ord on tfnn.com is now short term bullish.

He says we are going back to the 954 highs or even higher.

Summation Index going up.

Good volume came in today, he says, near the end.

Time to go long more stocks on a pullback.

Good long candidates with huge volume today include Viacom (VIA) and KB Home (KBH).

Looks like we are in for a decent rally for a couple of weeks....

Time to go groping!!!

Archived