The Full Monti

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If any stoolie gets prechter, I would like to see if he has any inclination that we are about to enter a third wave. It would be very poetic if Hochberg did not comment on the possibility. The man practically called a third wave every week for a year.

I cancelled mine in December. The woman on the phone asked me why...I told her because they were horrible. "This year should be the most profitable year of the bear" the Jan '03 newsletter stated. I told her I would fax it over. :o

I would like stoolies (on this thread) to go on a quest. The quest is to find the most bullish argument as of this evening. If we are about to enter wave three, you should not find many bearish thoughts out there. I understand that poeple on this thread are nailed to reality and probably pay atttention to views they agree with. Open your mind. Think back Traverse the raveen. Go to the bullish sites you know and see what they think right now. That will make a huge leap in determining wether or not to cover shorts for a time or to let m' ride.

OK I'll play:

First I am a bear thru and thru. I believe all manner of calamity is festering beneath the surface and share the sense of foreboding some here are expressing.

A bullish argument based on fundamentals would be science fiction. Fuggettaboutit.

However my charts suggest a possibility of a strong technical bounce-------usual reasons .......200ma .........gap fill .........doversole etc. Chart is posted in M2M if yer interested. I figure next week if it's gonna happen.

As far as bullish web stuff............Check Zeev and Shack. Both are good. Both also seeing a good chance of a big bounce.

I would like stoolies (on this thread) to go on a quest. The quest is to find the most bullish argument as of this evening. If we are about to enter wave three, you should not find many bearish thoughts out there. I understand that poeple on this thread are nailed to reality and probably pay atttention to views they agree with. Open your mind. Think back Traverse the raveen. Go to the bullish sites you know and see what they think right now. That will make a huge leap in determining wether or not to cover shorts for a time or to let m' ride.

OK I'll play:

First I am a bear thru and thru. I believe all manner of calamity is festering beneath the surface and share the sense of foreboding some here are expressing.

A bullish argument based on fundamentals would be science fiction. Fuggettaboutit.

However my charts suggest a possibility of a strong technical bounce-------usual reasons .......200ma .........gap fill .........doversole etc. Chart is posted in M2M if yer interested. I figure next week if it's gonna happen.

As far as bullish web stuff............Check Zeev and Shack. Both are good. Both also seeing a good chance of a big bounce.

let me add, end of month AND and of Quarter paint, also rally for 5 days would make the sheeps Quarterly statement look "OK"

Dharma-yes about Pluto retrograde and Einstein again-"yes" hopefully as TE says it is a brain fart BUT YoBob says "Ditto" and I am normally pretty optimistic but I am edgy as Hell!

On the same page B4...it seems as though I've been studying for a test, and the time is near.

Dharma-yes about Pluto retrograde and Einstein again-"yes" hopefully as TE says it is a brain fart BUT YoBob says "Ditto" and I am normally pretty optimistic but I am edgy as Hell!

On the same page B4...it seems as though I've been studying for a test, and the time is near.

Now, that I can relate to, I think I understand the material,.... no, I KNOW I do.

but will the prof give us an exam based on all the lectures or will he do something off the wall.

I gotta tell you-I have a sense of foreboding tonite that I have not had in a long, long while.  Not the markets per se but "us" on this mortal coil,  my brain is saying "something is up" beware-like we have turned a page and the next chapter begins???

Ditto, ditto, ditto

TE - it's not the quantity of friends it's the quality. Some people are gregarious and require vast quantitites, others are not. I fall in the latter. I have a few friends that are very close, great relationships with most of the family and my crew at work which I really think of as family. It's enough for me.

I have always known about Quality vrs quantity. I am sorry if I misled you.

TE,

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I've been too lazy to cancel my EWI subscription.  I find it utterly useless for helping me make money.  I haven't been paying that much attention to them lately but your question prompted me to take a look.

Hochberg's wave counts are all over the map.  He has Dow in the process of completing a 5 down from Feb 19, but $NDX only in 3rd of the same 5.  He doesn't have the S&P in the daily commentary; that's one of the things I find so infuriating about this service is the lack of consistency.  He's definitely soft-pedaling this decline though.  Not the bold "3rd of a 3rd" pronouncements of last year. 

Sadly, EWI has even lost most of it's entertainment value.

The fact that he does not see it now makes me think it could happen. B)

ARGHH : DON'T EVEN MENTION EWI WITHOUT ME GETTING ANNOYED. :P

Those fecking quacks have cost me $$$'s in subscriptions but also $$$$'s is piss poor trades. Their 'smoke and mirror' reports with differing graphs to back up their beliefs differ with each report and their rational borders on superstition. Linking 'the imminant crash' to sun spot activity (never happened) or to Michael Jorden's career was it for me.

However, I look on it as blessing. It has stopped me believing in Santa Claus wrt market gurus and Bob Pro(e)c(ch)ter's book opened my eyes to the bear side : I now view him as a false prophet. (PS: I'd probably buy a book by that Lee Adler guy but he's such a lazy so and so. Doc - do you know him ? :P )

Speaking of EWI. Got an email flyer from them today about their commodity service. They've now grouped it into 3 (Grains, metals, domrthing else) but want $99 per month subscription for 1 of them. If you buy the others, it comes down. Those greedy twats. Tossed their offer. If I remember right, it used to be $99 per month but like the stock stuff, would change their charts more often than thery changed their underwear.

Whilst their commodity stuff may be beter than Hochberg's coin flips, I got blindsided in Eurodollars by them. After entering a position, I wrote an email questioning it. Got asn emaiol confirming it but the next report came out ( a few days later) came out with a reverse position. Meanwhile my option was way out of the money !

Futures are being jammed

It's become the bizarro opposite of what started last March. Someone else mentioned the "short all rallies" mentality which didn't work week after week, month after month starting then.

For the last two or three weeks, SAR works. I'm no rocket scientist, but can follow a trend. Lately it's fucutures jam all night, pop at the open, sell off, pop again, sell off. I'm still deathly afraid of short and hold, so have been scalping.

What I've noticed, though, is that high-flying pigs are and have been falling from the skies lately. Check out three of these porkers: ELX, FDRY, XLNX. PE's over 50 at their recent peaks. The Asian honeys have fallen mightily as well.

Have we returned from the other side of the looking glass?

Do fundamentals matter (or will they soon)?

Hope so. What a long, strange trip it's been.

Archived