B4 the Bell, Moonday, July 12, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When recommending a book please check to see if it is Doc's bookstore and link to the book there, not in a competing bookstore. This is a great way to support the Stool.

Interesting article on front page of today's Wall Street Journal regarding the impact of higher gasoline prices on low-income workers.

Wal-Mart has been a topic of discussion on these boards.

The balance must be very precarious for Wal-Mart according to this statement in the article:

"Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. expressed concern this spring that higher gas prices were taking $7 a week out of the wallet of its average customer. Despite the partial falloff in gas prices since then, the nation's biggest retailer says it continues to expect pump prices to crimp its customers' purchasing power."

I thought the "experts" on Crapvision have been telling me that the consumer is "resilient" and "ready to spend"??? :blink:

What was obvious at the time was denied by Main Street and Wall Street media, as well as the Fed.

Anyway - show me the oil! :o Saudi is not living to up to its promise to use its stated "spare capacity". Sounds to me like peak oil has been hit in SA.

Oil prices held strong today as high production from the OPEC cartel to meet strong demand leaves little spare global capacity to cope with any supply problems.

A Gulf source familiar with Saudi oil policy said today that Saudi Arabia would keep pumping 9.1 million barrels a day in August, the third month in a row at such high production rates.

Saudi Arabia has produced well in excess of its official OPEC output quota since June and on Monday informed customers of export volumes for August. Buyers in Asia and European refiners said sales were unchanged from July's high levels.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/business/2675892

Depends.........i have ISRG.....on watch list as potential ,..long...

but it may have correction right in here after making new highs.

the stock has that vibe to it like Zimmer did several months ago.

Hihat - I don't know ISRG from hooey, but I do see that it's at a long term top of channel - and I think today that is not going to break up. As always - tight stop. :huh: gambling.

Orvack,

....77 million baby boomers hobble into old age ....

Challenges, but also opportunities for some. :rolleyes:

I met a lady who was positioning herself to start mining ...Gray Gold!

B.S.

I can't see, I can't hear, I can't walk ....Thank God I can still drive! :blink:

Archived