Year End Review

Ya I agree END! The beast looks weak-we should see north of 900-maybe 905-15-then it's 100% short. Gold surprised a lot of people yesterday with a good pop to the upside-Gold is going significantly higher in 03 waiting for a pull back is a suckers game-stay long POG. Trade Safe!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every day, Doc is amazed at the amount of work Mark puts in for us, not to mention his extraordinary talent. The most amazing thing is that he does it for free. That's right, without compensation! Doc likes to send Mark a little something every few months, as his way of saying thanks, but it is a pittance relative to what Mark gives us.

Wouldn't you like to show your appreciation to Mark, as well as support his continued efforts on our behalf? Would you like to support the continued free operation of the Mark to Market forum and the Stool Pigeons Wire? You can! Just click the big "Thanks Mark" button. It will take you to a secure payment form at Paypal. You can contribute whatever amount you wish, as well as add a few comments in the comment box on the Paypal form.

77.5% of your contribution will be sent to Mark each night.

20% will be used to defray the costs of operating the Stool Pigeons Wire, which have risen exponentially as the board has grown. You stoolies who have been around for awhile are well acquainted with Capitalstool's growing pains. As the board has grown, and the need for speed grows with it, the server costs have risen astronomically, going from a few hundred dollars a year to thousands. Advertising dollars alone do not offset the cost increase. Doc wants to keep the messsage boards free, or at least supported by voluntary contributions, but he needs your help to do it. With thousands of regular daily visitors, it would only take a small contribution from most of you, or a big contribution from a few of you who can easily afford it, to make that goal an ongoing reality!

Mark does not know about this, but I guess he will when he sees this. So Mark, this is Doc's way of saying an additional Many Tanks! Doc thinks your thousands of fans will agree, and will send along a measure of their appreciation!

OK! Stoolies and wndysrfers, lets show Mark how much his hard work and unique insights really mean to you. Send a measure of your support to Mark right now! Just click the big thank you button and fill out the Paypal form! It only takes a minute!

Many tanks for your support!

Doc

Paypal, a subsidiary of eBay, is the largest payment service on the web, serving millions of registered users. For more information go to http://www.paypal.com

Slinger, agree with Carl 100%. Have since first week Dec. That was a MAJOR TOP. Too many (bears and bulls) are skeptical of this decline and NOT giving it the respect it DESERVES. Do not dis it just b/c its unfolding slowly or of preconceived notions that a new year rally should ensue, etc.

Its just not in the technical and/or sentiment cards, at least not yet.

The trend is your friend my friends and its deteriorating rapidly by the day, not improving.

CRAPPY NEW YEAR !

GTN-the other nite you were looking for a good fund to protect your Mommas hard earned cash-here is one I put my sons in a yr or two ago-GabelliComstock Strategy Fund-it's an income fund invested primarily in debt securities-14.8% return this year-3 yr average 8.5%. Totally safe and well run. Their website is www.comstockfunds.com Good LUCK! Piles-"Crappy New Year" does have a ring to it-similar to todays Daily Reckoning comment-"Thanking all the Patsie's out there who contributed to such a profitable year" trade Safe!

Mark,

I wouldn't be worried about being wrong. You have

been more right that wrong. And it's not so much a matter

of being wrong but being early. Besides that you are damm

funny. I would check in even if you became a screaming bull.

As for the FEED. I think it is like steriods.

It works great the first time. You then need more and more to get the same impact. If you cycle on and off you can stay on steriods for years. Butt it is fighting a losing battle. The body's natural testerone system becomes so confused - and

one way or another your body will need a BREAK.

Accompanying the inevitable BREAK is the rapid muscle deflation and the mental depression. And before you know it you are on a cocktail of other "feel good" drugs. :blink:

The FEED is a dangerous game - for all participants.

So my New Years Resolution is to become even

more risk averse. Tighten my stops. Tighter screening parameters. etc

Piles, I agree with Carl also. But, this upcoming rally may be the last kiss of death off of the trendline in my previous post, then sayonara!

Here's a possible prediction that may unfold, courtesy of a professor at UCLA. Doc's cmaps and my trusty stochastic oscillator and DMI will show me the way, though.

20021219_Fig2_pop.gif

One of the hero's of this festering slime of a market has been Bill Gross-the man who tells like it is - a real paragon of virtue-well maybe not-seems Bill and the Tinman Jack Welch hooked up with Dell.C and BAC a few years ago and formed something called IDEALAB-which is now dissolving into a hotly contested lawsuit with a plot line better than ENRON'S. Go to forbes.com and click on Angry Investors seek to liquidate IDEALAB. 1st day of the new year and we find another "hero" has feet of clay and the shareholders are screaming we were screwed-seems the screwed want their money back-AAAAAH! Trade Safe!

Gold surprised a lot of people yesterday with a good pop to the upside-Gold is going significantly higher in 03 waiting for a pull back is a suckers game-stay long POG. ?Trade Safe!

Hi brian4,

Re: gold - sure it will go higher - after a pullback!

Waiting for a retest of $325-330. I'm again very

wary of a sharp correction in gold stocks. Currently

bidding 15% below market but will chase as soon

as the miners start to flex their muscles again :o

The late surge last Tuesday was most likely

some people buying gold as an insurance if

we would get hit by :ph34r: on New Year's Eve.

NOT the same Bill Gross!

NOT NOT NOT!

Gotta be real careful about this stuff. The Bill Gross who runs Idealab is not the same Bill Gross who runs PIMCO!

It is THAT Jack Welch however.

Hey, what is this this Forbes slogan "Capitalist Tool"? Doc is gonna have to talk to them about that. :lol:

thx for the link slinger.

more criminal bottom-dealing. quel surprise.

it's funny....all the well-deserved dot.bomb blowups and meltdowns aside, reading the names of some of idealabs' startups - eve.com, etoys, homepage.com, blastoff.com - i was having this weird sort of nostalgia for those heady days. besides being an obvious and hopeless mania, now the whole thing also seems sort of quaint. it's almost like how you'd get about an old b&w creature feature that you loved as a kid....and you watch it now and the alien monster is a guy wrapped in aluminum foil. ^_^

Archived