B$ The Bell, Moonday, March 15

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HyperTiger, have you seen this? I found it on George Ure's UrbanSurvival.com

650 Years Ago:

How Venice Rigged the First, and Worst, Global Financial Crash

by Paul Gallagher

Printed in the American Almanac, September 4, 1995.

Six hundred and fifty years ago came the climax of the worst financial collapse in history to date. The 1930s Great Depression was a mild and brief episode, compared to the bank crash of the 1340s, which decimated the human population.

The crash, which peaked in 1345 A.D. when the world's biggest banks went under, ``led'' by the Bardi and Peruzzi companies of Florence, Italy, was more than a bank crash -- it was a financial disintegration. Like the disaster which looms now, projected in Lyndon LaRouche's ``9th Economic Forecast'' of July, 1994, that one was a blowup of all major banks and markets in Europe, in which, chroniclers reported, ``all credit vanished together,'' most trade and exchange stopped, and a catastrophic drop of the world's population by famine and disease loomed.

http://members.tripod.com/~american_almanac/pbgbardi.htm

Now the interesting thing is that it was included with a discussion of the 72 year cycle. The events above occurred 9 72-yr-cycles ago. The current cycle is open for +-118 days and closes the day of our election. Hmmmmm.

Not too far off from your timing estimates.

The above article points out that history didnt occur exactly the way we were taught that it did. LOL

Sherlock

HyperTiger, have you seen this? I found it on George Ure's UrbanSurvival.com

650 Years Ago:

How Venice Rigged the First, and Worst, Global Financial Crash

by Paul Gallagher

Printed in the American Almanac, September 4, 1995.

Six hundred and fifty years ago came the climax of the worst financial collapse in history to date. The 1930s Great Depression was a mild and brief episode, compared to the bank crash of the 1340s, which decimated the human population.

The crash, which peaked in 1345 A.D. when the world's biggest banks went under, ``led'' by the Bardi and Peruzzi companies of Florence, Italy, was more than a bank crash -- it was a financial disintegration. Like the disaster which looms now, projected in Lyndon LaRouche's ``9th Economic Forecast'' of July, 1994, that one was a blowup of all major banks and markets in Europe, in which, chroniclers reported, ``all credit vanished together,'' most trade and exchange stopped, and a catastrophic drop of the world's population by famine and disease loomed.

http://members.tripod.com/~american_almanac/pbgbardi.htm

Now the interesting thing is that it was included with a discussion of the 72 year cycle. The events above occurred 9 72-yr-cycles ago. The current cycle is open for +-118 days and closes the day of our election. Hmmmmm.

Not too far off from your timing estimates.

The above article points out that history didnt occur exactly the way we were taught that it did. LOL

Sherlock

But if you bought the dips, you would have been ahead about 40 years later - that is if you had any gold and survived Black Death! :D

Good points Sherlock.

Although I think the precious metals will move up here as the market declines, I am very cautious about re-entering into PM stocks except CEF (which is just bullion).

A bit surreal here today...I live at the beach in Lauderdale and have seen choppers frequently this morning patrolling right along the shore low and slow...one FED chopper, one military chopper and one Coast Guard chopper...much more frequently then normal.

Captain Renault: "Why did you come to Nasdaqistan, Rick?"

Rick: "I came for the values."

Captain Renault: "The values? Nasdaqistan is in the middle of the value desert."

Rick: "I was misinformed."

-------

Just finished the weakend thread.

.....I'm not worthy. Brilliant stuff.

Archived