B4 the Bell, Ilovebushday, Aug 17, 2004

Guest yobob1

Yobob- hilarious opening. :D .

Note to the spooks: Sorry, I meant to say I am very offended by the insults to dear leader of this board. I do not find any of them amusing in the slightest.

I am so patriotic, I even have stars and stripes pajamas so I can have patriotic dreams. Please don't send me to Cuba. I don't even like Cigars.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lemmee see.The re-pube-lickin convention is coming up in less than 2 weeks.Oil prices have gone up by 40% since June,Iraq is a total disaster,interest rates are going up.Refi bubble has imploded and soon house prices will be next.But the one thing they really do seem to control is the Jokes,just make it so Scotty--warp 9 and hold.

The Jokes is Wack St. is the world is the economy is the be all and end all of all human existence! Under 10,000 is the end of civilization as we have gotten to like it.

Would you expect anything less from this crowd of schysters?

=DJ FOCUS: Fund Managers Now As Bearish On US As In 2002

By Sarah Spikes

Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

LONDON (Dow Jones)--Global fund mangers are now more bearish on U.S. equities than they have been since 2002, Merrill Lynch said Tuesday, summarizing findings from its monthly fund manager survey.

The survey found underweighting of U.S. equities is now as widespread as it was two years ago because of rising oil prices, poor second-quarter earnings performance at many companies and a mounting consensus that China's economic growth is set to slow.

"Investors continue to have a deep-seated dislike of U.S. equities, and are choosing instead to overweight Japanese equities," Merrill Lynch anal cysts David Bowers and Sarah Franks said in a research report.

Worldwide, the survey found rising pessimism for economic growth in general, and for corporate earnings growth. Managers became bearish on profit outlook for the first time since April 2001, the study found.

"There has been a real twist down in both the growth and earnings outlook globally," Bowers said at a press briefing.

In the U.S. and the Pacific ex-Japan region, there were more bears than bulls - for the profit outlook - for the first time since 2001.

Rest of the story on Dow Jones Newswires

Al needs to do better than this.....

Temporary Open Market Operations for August 17, 2004

Last updated: August 17, 2004 09:51 AM

Number of operations today: 1

Delivery date: Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Maturity date: Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Type of operation: O/N RP

Operation close time: 09:45 AM

Total Money Value of Operation (in $bil.) 5.500

http://www.ny.frb.org/markets/omo/dmm/temp.cfm?SHOWMORE=TRUE

Archived