• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oooooolaaaaaa stoolies......expect everyone made some major coin this week

closed my two large short positions today MXIM from 49 and APOL from 94

dont know what to expect next week but some bounce is in order

looking for the pre opex turnaround

may throw long with some calls by midweek if the hourly looks good

hey michael still interested in buying one of those stool plates from you....tia

I hope everyone will take the time this weekend to go through the one-year charts of major averages -- DJIA, DJTA, SPX, Nasdaq, NDX, SOX, RUT -- plus any others you follow.

All of these are still up from 12 months ago ... but all peaked months ago and are clearly breaking down.

The nearly across-the-board confirmation (all except DJUA, which continues to be propped by low rates) is pretty clear as far as TA goes.

When the school of fish are all swimming the same direction, you want to swim with them.

A school of fish passes by some submerged MF managers following their fund downwards.

The fundies are trying to come with an explanation why they are not only down this year, but have underperformed the market too! :D

post-20-1091825128_thumb.jpg

a whole weekend of speculation on what the speculative markets are going to do...

Long term they will completely vaporize and cease to exist...Then I guess some other scam to avoid working for a living will have to be dreamed up...

Video cards suffering? Why? I'll tell you...

Processor speeds have not kept up... the doubling has stopped dead, Processors are bottlenecks for the latest cards on the market...and once you average 50 Frames per second in 3D video games whats the point of spending $500 to $1000 upgrading to get 20 or 30 more?

The Games coming out also have to be designed for a broad base...minimum system requirements are still at year 2000 levels...The Minimum to run Windows XP is 128 megs of RAM and a 233 MHz processor, Most vedio Games are 1 Ghz and a DirectX 7-8 64 Meg video card...

The Most popular online deathmatch 3D first person shooter is Halflife- Counterstrike a pre 2000 game that can be run on 1998-1999 equipment...

All this equipment can be obtained from bargin bins...

There is no real reason for everyone to own top of the line state of the art equipment when pre year 2000 equipment is easily powerful enough to waste an equal amount of time...

I've seen demos of the newest video game technology, it is like being inside of a better than Toy story real time generated movie...But systems cost $3000+ and the programs themselves take years to construct...for a few 100 hours of entertainment...

Doom was created by a team of kids in a few months and released as shareware...Doom 3 has taken years and millions of dollars to bring to market with a massive team including the now grown up kids lawyers PR firms and the whole shebang...and it barely functions on early 2004 equipment...

Most of the computers needed to play these games don't come off the shelf...They have to be custom made and tweaked...A standard desktop? You don't repair them...you throw them in the trash can...

Maximum potential is being reached...Even if processor speeds were to begin to double again it takes too long to produce bloatware to take advantage of it...

Tell me why you need or any human needs 3 GHz of processor power...a top of the line desk top system now out classes the mainframes used to run the planet...

We are approaching game over rapidly now.

:D Welcome everyone to the weak-end den! :D

This weak-end we are celebrating summer vacationing and Warsteiner's - per LLD's suggestion. Let's toast again to the great and fearless calls of Brian4, Doc, and many regular forum contributors! ;) ;) ;)

Welcome back LLD and others. As LLD says: Time for a ski and a beer. Have a safe weekend all!

Time to celebrate a great week and a job well done. Tanks also to yobob, plunger, MH, depends, MWH, TE, Stained, Col. Dash, LLD, orvack, Hypertiger, Hunter65, sleddog, zensmoke, mjkst27, gregfokker, jimi, threadbare, Ned38, Butterfield 8, icky, drano, soup, bearman, yellowfish, tpark, tchaikofsky, libertas, an ant and everyone else who has made this a great meeting place.

The den is now open, with special accomadations aboard the Warsteiner air express! :P

Tanks Brian, HB and everyone else for creating this world class trading forum.

The humor, insight, intelligent essays, and most of all the "spot on" market calls really make this the BEST board anywhere for people like us!!!!

Zen

:P :P :P :P :P

Guest yobob1

Cokenose and Kermit on Crapvision should be quite a show tonight.

Today the bond's displayed their "safety" status a little.

Once more with vigor, I'll say Al doesn't dare raise rates and will be in the unfortunate position of lowering them after the first of the year. While Hyper's time frame closed out a tad earlier mine is still in play till the early stages of Q1 05. Any stock market "mishaps" will speed the process, but the real lone hold-out for now is still construction.

Early in the year I said that sales would weaken by the edge of Summer, which they have, and that will be followed shortly by a reversing jobs market, which according to the feeble lie they came out with today, that is already occuring. I think the next 60 days will show us the beginning of the breakdown in new construction. That will be the final card to play. From there it will be only a short matter of time before the sheeple reach the POR. The election is only going to add to the general anxiety level.

Personally I'm still voting for the surprise comet strike on DC, that would end the true source of most of the world's terrorists.

Archived