End of a Relationship

Maybe the shortage thing is artificial....but a little paranoia says it's the repubs' trump card for the next election....force an artificial (and very well publicized)natgas shortage for the winter prior to the elections, and then blame it all on the liberal dem's tree-hugging in ANWR. And your homies get to make some money on the squeeze too.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The oil biz is a racket...but the economic realities are that demand is outstripping supply enough to call it tight or else the price would have cratered by now... The oil industry is a mamoth machine and is very expensive to operate... you need profits and the profit margin has shrunk over the years... Oil is a risky game... I've seen holes that cost $200,000 to drill and produce 400 barrels an hour and I've seen holes that cost 2 million and produce nothing, even though all the experts were 100% sure that there was something down there... Heads do roll. Production costs and risk are the real killer...

Before I hit the sack,.. I just want to be clear that I do believe there's a shortage...

What I'm trying to say, is we have untapped reserves that have no access. Until that problem gets resolved the squeeze is on... Until something gives.

And the oil industry will push that string for as long as it can away with it.

By hanging the laundry on the line... we, the sheeple, say "enough!"

Somebody has to look out for us, right? I don't expect any time soon that the government would do it for us, do you? :D

Yeah this winter is going to be a doozy, all for nothing, IMO.

Hyper alot has to do with "just in time" inventory. I wouldn't want to be a crude scheduler for the life of me.... As far as refined products go.. here in my neck of the woods gasoline went down into the summer driving season. In 15 years, I never have seen that.

We are swimming in Jet fuel... and we are at about 75 to 78% capacity. It is night and day from 4 years ago.

Actually, BARE is FURom Ohio, butt (_)_) was BORN in WV, which means he really IS FURom WV butt then, again, he isn't, really (it's an attorney talking here - u have been WARNED! lol)since he didn't spend more than a few daze there - ab initio. He lived only a few miles FURom there, went to school there, attended church there, zillions of relatives reside there (no funni remarx about WV inbreeding pleez!) and hASS spent OODLES of time there, butt he's an Ohioan (spiritually speaking of course). He's also a member of the Ohio B(e?)AR. lolol

This duality/paradox of geographical proximity hASS engendered a lifelong IDENTITY CRISIS (of sortz) which is now, naturally, only exASScerbating HRFF's MIDLIFE IDENTITY CRISIS.

sniff!!!

Seems like bearz are going thru an IDENTITY CRISIS cuz of this here rally, too.

A pity it iz, when they have to ASSk if they can say the C wurd around here.

Someone CENSORED* BARE's earlier post here in which he quite modestly and constructively suggested those responsible FUR engendering such a milieu of hesitancy in theze precincts be taken out and summarily SHOT, metaFURically speaking, thatiz, in the finest Stalinist style, sans a Lubyanka basement walk. (HRFF has always had a sneaking admiration FUR "Uncle Joe", who didn't mess around.) Just KIDDING!!!

HONEST!!!

*now, WHOOOooodidDAT?

whowhowhowhoWHOOOOOO???

By hanging the laundry on the line... we, the sheeple, say "enough!" ?

Somebody has to look out for us, right? I don't expect any time soon that the government would do it for us, do you? :D

If the sheeple are pissed at high fuel prices they should go after the real energy profiteers. Goverments probably skim far more in taxes and royalties, than the industry takes in profits. :P

The beleive that people would throw out a government once it confiscades a part of their money or something is an honorable way to think, but i think against reality. If we say that in the 1930s the possession of gold was forbidden in the US who tells me now that government couldnt forbid NOT to invest into stocks? What else is your 401k thing? It is nothing else but a pure FORCED investment in the stockmarket!

I doubt not a single second that the japanese can do crazy things over there in nippon, ya know. Look what they do almost on a daily basis in the currency markets.

The japanese problem is a probelm of their society, BoJ is a part of the society. Their probelm is this "not to loose the face" thing, because of that BoJ intervenes like crazy chicks to defend yen agaisnt appreciation, normally marekt shopuld be stronger in the end, we will see.

Till today those kamikaze pilots and other WW2 veterans are heros in japan, pupils dont learn the 40s as a "bad part" of the japanese history and so on and on. Totally different in germany.

if ever the term somone has "two screws lose" fits, than it fits for the japanese, and because the worst thing for them is to lose their face i say

YOU LOSERS !!!!!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It is true that the Education Ministry in Japan could benefit from a tsunami-like cleaning.

On the other hand, their rewritten history book was adopted by exactly one school for the mentally handicapped.

Most Japanese are very aware that the actions taken by the Japanese Imperial gov't before and during WW2 were wrong.

It is clear that your views of Japan comes from newspapers headlines rather than from having spent any time in the country itself.

Given German culture, the state of the German economy, and Germany's demographic future, it's surprising that you would be so eager throw stones.

Then again, perhaps not.

yes, my knowledge about japan is only from newspaper articles and books.

i thought it was clear that i was only joking when i said "loosers!", i guess like the british humor which many dont understand thee is also a german one, but tansk for the lesson, quite intersting to know that a german should better shut up and has not the right to make a bit fun about others.

it seems that the anti french-german media mafia has done a good job.

and what is the "given german culture"?

call me bratwurst if you want :lol:

Natural gas is in a bull market.

This is the first serious commodity to "inflate" in reaction to Al Green's chronic lever pumping, Repo Blasting, money printing, etc.

Sorry but that is absolute nonsense.

The reason that natural gas prices are going up is that US supplies are incredibly tight caused by depletion of US wells and an alarming drop in yields as reservoirs decline.

To compound the situation the US market in its infinite wisdom has just caused the largest boom in construction of gas-fired power generation plant in history.

And since LNG terminals, pipelines and other infrastructure take years to permit and build the tightness in US NG prices is not going away in a hurry. But don?t confuse that with anything related to financial reliquification.

The beleive that people would throw out a government once it confiscades a part of their money or something is an honorable way to think, but i think against reality. If we say that in the 1930s the possession of gold was forbidden in the US who tells me now that government couldnt forbid NOT to invest into stocks? What else is your 401k thing? It is nothing else but a pure FORCED investment in the stockmarket!

I doubt not a single second that the japanese can do crazy things over there in nippon, ya know. Look what they do almost on a daily basis in the currency markets.

The japanese problem is a probelm of their society, BoJ is a part of the society. Their probelm is this "not to loose the face" thing, because of that BoJ intervenes like crazy chicks to defend yen agaisnt appreciation, normally marekt shopuld be stronger in the end, we will see.

Till today those kamikaze pilots and other WW2 veterans are heros in japan, pupils dont learn the 40s as a "bad part" of the japanese history and so on and on. Totally different in germany.

if ever the term somone has "two screws lose" fits, than it fits for the japanese, and because the worst thing for them is to lose their face i say

YOU LOSERS !!!!!!!

:lol: ?:lol: ?:lol:

It is true that the Education Ministry in Japan could benefit from a tsunami-like cleaning.

On the other hand, their rewritten history book was adopted by exactly one school for the mentally handicapped.

Most Japanese are very aware that the actions taken by the Japanese Imperial gov't before and during WW2 were wrong.

It is clear that your views of Japan comes from newspapers headlines rather than from having spent any time in the country itself.

Given German culture, the state of the German economy, and Germany's demographic future, it's surprising that you would be so eager throw stones.

Then again, perhaps not.

yes, my knowledge about japan is only from newspaper articles and books.

i thought it was clear that i was only joking when i said "loosers!", i guess like the british humor which many dont understand thee is also a german one, but tansk for the lesson, quite intersting to know that a german should better shut up and has not the right to make a bit fun about others.

it seems that the anti french-german media mafia has done a good job.

and what is the "given german culture"?

call me bratwurst if you want :lol:

I'm starting to get the impression that I'm dealing here with a 12 year old boy.

fukui,

ok i begin with adam and eve:

a part of the japanese culture is this "not to lose the face" thing, and if you want to bring someone in "rage" with that attitude you call him names, so i was only joking around, ok? I wasnt throwing stones.

It seems that you know a bit about germany. What do you think is the "given german culture"? I would really like to know.

Greetings from a german boy :)

Archived