My, Aren't We Full of Surprises

I went a teenie bit long this morning on an oil CEF (Mostly major oil co's like XOM).Trading at a 13% discount to NAV.

Hopefully I can make a few bucks on a bounce.Just lookin for a few singles,I always loose when I go for the home run.

I might consider goin short If we get to the 1320 area early this week.If this move up is for real,I expect Treasuries to increase drastically in yield which has not happened yet.

I don't think we make a final bottom till everything including treasuries get crushed.Although that seems like it's not very likely by lookin at the tape.

I will be working alot next week,so I don't know If I will even be able to trade at all depending on my schedule.

Keep in mind....I am probably wrong :unsure:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Dems don't want Edwards to be a contender for vice president.

Funny thing about the timing of this

Too bad we can't grow up and decide whatever mistakes people make in their private lives are none of our business. It was better in the old days when all the media people knew about the affairs that presidents and other politicos had, but were too genteel to report them.

I went a teenie bit long this morning on an oil CEF (Mostly major oil co's like XOM).Trading at a 13% discount to NAV.

Hopefully I can make a few bucks on a bounce.Just lookin for a few singles,I always loose when I go for the home run.

I might consider goin short If we get to the 1320 area early this week.If this move up is for real,I expect Treasuries to increase drastically in yield which has not happened yet.

I don't think we make a final bottom till everything including treasuries get crushed.Although that seems like it's not very likely by lookin at the tape.

I will be working alot next week,so I don't know If I will even be able to trade at all depending on my schedule.

679322[/snapback]

I thought CEF is the Central Fund of Canada. :unsure:

679322[/snapback]

Big Earl gettin' no love at all:

It would be easy to say that crude oil has failed to meet market expectations, and a bear market may be in place. But the harder part is to figure out how long and to what point oil prices will fall.  Projections earlier this year for oil prices as high as $200 fell flat, with prices unable to even reach $150.  "Now anal cysts are lining up to say the top is in," said Sean Brodrick, a natural resources anal cyst at MoneyandMarkets.com.
Marketslop

This kind of sentiment should be good for bounce. :)

Wish I had SUDS as my wingman here....but here goes..

Too early for me to call right now. The current window is positive, and could stay positive for the next 3 to 5 weeks IMO. I have no idea how much more damage could be done to bears in this window. I'm just playing day to day - sort of hand to hand combat right now....

He means Closed End Fund.

679328[/snapback]

I like some closed end funds if they trade at a larger discount to the norm.They usually trade back to where the average discount is.Which can get you 2 to 5% if you are right.

The problem is that they don't always follow the market,it's more supply and demand driven.

I just look to make a few percent then bail....But it's not too easy when some are very thinly traded.Can get stuck with no way out if I'm really wrong.Just staying with pretty small positions in this wacky market.

Too bad we can't grow up and decide whatever mistakes people make in their private lives are none of our business. It was better in the old days when all the media people knew about the affairs that presidents and other politicos had, but were too genteel to report them.

679325[/snapback]

Don't mean to politicize..butt, Dems don't know what they want and don't know what they need. They have a golden opportunity to become the party of fiscal responsibility - and they won't take it. They have an opportunity to make some changes to our nations archaic energy policy - and I'm not sure we will like their choices....Hell I liked Edwards - even with his fancy shmancy haircuts... :lol:

Hey!!!

Does everyone remember CNNFN.com's "Millionaires in the Making" dick head series where everyone was going to retire a multi millionaire and real estate would never stop going up?

Well, now we have this.

case_emergency.03.jpg

5 steps to building an emergency fund

The Heinekes may be good savers, but like most Americans, they need to put more cash into a rainy-day fund.

The Heinekes - who only have $2,500 in cash - aren't alone in being under prepared: A third of Americans have no emergency savings,

Surprisingly, Lindsay and Patrick have made a conscious decision not to have rainy-day savings. "We just feel confident that we won't need it," Patrick said when the couple first spoke to Money. They felt that their $116,000 income - from his job in custom manufacturing and hers in event marketing - was secure. And if they ever did face a disaster, they figured, they had $19,000 available on a home-equity line of credit (HELOC) to carry them over.

cnnfn.com full text here <-----

679314[/snapback]

Ahahahahaha. $2,500 in cash? Sheesh...

The wife is pretty, she could work as a stripper in las vegas and make six figures easily.

679325[/snapback]

I can tolerate alot, but I don't like politicians who lie in front of cameras as Edwards has done. He also lied to his sick wife, which is disgusting. I don't care what your political affiliation is... if you can lie to your family over and over again, in public, then you don't deserve to hold office.

Ahahahahaha. $2,500 in cash? Sheesh...

The wife is pretty, she could work as a stripper in las vegas and make six figures easily.

679333[/snapback]

But, I've heard there are guys that park cars that earn 6 figures in LV... :lol:

Archived