B4 The Bell Moonday September 13

Hiding Bear

Brian...

You are right, not much attention to the change in tactics. Nevertheless, that Arab Journalist was hit by a bomb near that Bradley the other day and that recieved complete coverage in the Arab world and probably everywhere else. Domestically, the US is very polorized and wierd...I don't know if its a left over from the politically correct era or if people are afraid of facing the truth or what.... The news here is just so darn campy..with national issues emerging and all being the same on our networks... Its so boring to listen to the news because they all run the same stories and often miss the whole point of what is wrong or at issue.... I just hope our men and women in the armed forces get to return quickly and safely.....what ever happend to leaders who can turn tribes and countries against each other while they themselves stay strong and are able to take over when the dust settles.......oh yeah, thats China.....and the want-a-be's in Europe.....

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Assualt Rifle ban was terminated today which means any right wing wacko can now once again buy that cool street sweeper, Ouzi or air-cooled 50 caliber he has always lusted for to protect his family from the Red menace-Sick, sick and sicker!

To make an analogy, the ban on "assault rifles" was analogous to a ban on "race cars," which as we all know are a major cause of traffic accidents (though I have no hard data to prove it).

Then we find out that, even though the monster Ford Excursion is quite slow owing to its bulk, its large Triton V8 qualifies it as a "race car," so the owners must dispose of the now "illegal" "race car" vehicle.

Next it's determined that a teenage kid's Honda rice rocket, owing to its low-profile, super-wide tires (a well-known "race car" attribute) also infringes the law and must be taken off the road.

Eventually a plain-vanilla Saturn is also damned as a "race car" because of the spoiler on the rear deck -- obviously a dangerous, aggressive "race car" feature and not allowed.

Defining guns as "assault weapons" due to design features such as trigger grips and folding stocks is silly. This is one of the few U.S. "laws" that have been repealed in the past decade, though. Meanwhile, thousands more have been added. :(

Your definition is correct Butters-I just watched a clip where the Company that makes the Armalite rifle which at the mo is only standard issue for Special Forces in the U.S. is doubling production because of "domestic demand" I am infinitely familiar with the Armalite which is standard issue for Canadian Forces it is a fully automatic armor piercing weapon and should NOT be in the possession of the banjo-picking inbreds! ;)

I thought assault weapons were rapid-fire  with multiple rounds.  I remember a california bank robbery that ended with dead cops because of these weapons - they were military grade.  and we need this?

Sorry, that is a common misconception and completely incorrect. The statists who passed that law wanted people to believe that it was a ban on AUTOMATIC weapons. In reality, automatic weapons have been restricted in the US by machine gun laws already on the books for decades. The ban did NOT have anything to do with those.

The "assult gun" ban was against guns with certain characteristics such as folding stocks, flash suppressors, bayonet mounts, detachable magazines, etc. NONE of these guns were automatic. All were semiautomatic. In most cases the exact same weapons were still sold legally, but without the characteristics which made it an "assault gun" specified in that law. The AK47 was morphed into models like the SKS with a fixed 10 round magazine, but still fired the same 7.62mm round at the same rate.

The entire law was a sham and typical of American politicians. The lack of understanding of the general public - that the law was superfluous and stupid - is another symptom of the widespread "dumbing down" of the sheeple. Calling a stupid law an "assult gun ban" is a way for the corrupt politicians to look like they are doing something, when in reality they are doing nothing but getting bloated by accepting bribes from special interests and ripping off the taxpayers.

Please try to look beyond the name of the law to find out what it actually means. Do you actually think the Patriot Act is patriotic?

Fully automatic (pull the trigger and all amunition is fired) or "burst" mode (pull the trigger and you get 3 rounds automatically) have not been available for sale to the general public since the 1940's. Only specially licensed people in the USA are even allowed to own such weapons, and the license is a federal one, not state issued.

Since the people in the media have never fired a pistol or a rifle, none of them know what they are talking about. But they do like to throw in the fear about guns as often as they can. Just because a rifle is black and has a pistol grip doesn't make it an "assault" rifle. I can assult someone with a pipe, a baseball bat, or a big kitchen knife. When will assult knives be banned? After all, it's black and stainless steel, can be easily concealed, and looks evil.

fact: more people die from smoking in the US every year than from bullets. why is tobacco still legal?

Chip players seen vanishing

Four of 10 chip firms forced out by 2014, says Gartner

By Chris Kraeuter, CBS.MarketWatch.com

Last Update: 4:20 PM ET Sept. 13, 2004 

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- Bankruptcies, buyouts, and total corporate makeovers are ahead in the next decade for semiconductor companies, said an industry anal cyst Monday.

"Escalating costs have reached a tipping point," said Jim Tully, vice president with Gartner Dataquest, speaking at a semiconductor conference sponsored by his company in San Francisco.

He projected a 40 percent reduction in the number of chip vendors during the next ten years.

"Some will go out of business, a larger number will be acquired, and a still larger number will become [intellectual property] vendors," Tully said.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story...0275AFB54768%7D

That explains the semi rally. Not just an ovesold bounce. It's buy 'em now before there're gone.

Buy and hold to zero. :o

I love the way you write M.H..

I have a question. In your opinion, What is causing Gold to stay stagnent over the last few months?

My thought is that we are still caught at an inflection point between inflation and deflation.

China allows the peeps to buy gold and gold moves a little.

The ppi and pci move little, Gold moves little.

Food and oil and copper and sugar...etc... move a bit more than a little. Gold hardley moves. The dollar might be the answer but, I want a better answer than that.

I am sure you can provide one. :)

Gold has been in the process of making a very large multi-year base. My fear if I was of a mind to own it would be to miss the major move up trying to play a possible 50 dollar move to the downside. We are not very far from many limit up moves. Buy and hold physical gold and Silver.

Archived