B4 The Bell Weak-end Den July 16-18

TFH.....

I know some people who got way over market value for real estate in the area the State Of Mcgreevey was going to build an arena for the NJ Devils. There was a stipulation that if said arena was not built within five years the uprooted would receive 50% more than what they were already paid. Guess who gets to pay for this mistake? BTW they have increased property taxes 75% in the last two years due to the gentrification of New Portugal I mean the Ironbound section of Newark.

Those direct and indirect taxes will continue to increase. A new local tax of $30

has been added to auto registration in Knox County. Its called a 'wheel tax'.

Saw Mayor Koch on TV yesterday. Did they give that dude a lobotomy or sumthin'?

Koch has been behaving strangely since he was invited to address the Repug

convention. :lol: :lol:

I used to respect that guy. Must be old age.

Uh huh. Must be OA :unsure:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"
I hate to sound like a bleeding heart but I find it effen incredible that this country can waste all this friggin money on a bullshit war like this but can't provide some help for it's own starving citizens.

This is the cry that will ring out from sea to shining sea in a few years--provided the so-called war on terror isn't expanded into Iran and Syria. The right swinging pendulum can only swing so far until the masses in the streets demand something different. In the thirties, the communist party had a huge membership in the U.S. because of the social misery at work. Probably just in time for Killery Klinton to take power and make FDR look like Herbert Hoover.

I'm not saying the govt. should be pissing away money but if that is the case how about putting the money to use at home?

Fair Value numbers- Spoo's-1395.09-NutsDuck-1100.50 both about 3 and bit above fair value-nice analysis Stain-I would add that to make a short term Bullish case the Spoo would have to close above 1119 and change and that ain't going to happen. Stay Short-this is making our year! ;)

First "Buckle Up" now "Joe SixPack" have they no shame? they are stealing our Thesaurus our very intellectual property as it were ;)

Maybe the board should refer to Sally SUV now as Sally Cell Phone.

:lol: :lol:

Want fries with outsourcing?

Michael Fitzgerald NYT

Pull off U.S. Interstate Highway 55 near Cape Girardeau, Missouri, and into the drive-through lane of a McDonald's next to the highway and you'll get fast, friendly service, even though the person taking your order is not in the restaurant - or even in Missouri.

The order taker is in a call center in Colorado Springs, more than 900 miles, or 1,450 kilometers, away, connected to the customer and to the workers preparing the food by high-speed data lines. Even some restaurant jobs, it seems, are not immune to outsourcing

http://www.iht.com/articles/529970.html

In my view, all of these false-dichotomies, and the individual poles (pretty much pure image) as well simply serve the Plutocrats. The dichotomies themselves are divide and conquer tools against the rest of us, as Plunger, Hypertiger, and several others have so excellengly flushed out. Give the people a meaningless "choice" and at the same time spoon feed them verbiage, cliche's, and images to give the impression, by way of emotional impact, that a real difference exists between the two. The result is a football mentality with one group routing for the blue pill, the other for the red pill, and the whole thing is actually meaningless. Except it is meaningful in one way. By way of divide and conquer, and sheer flashy diversion, nobody notices that we live under a Plutocracy, which is just a somewhat modernized, updated version of other oligarchic systems, essentially unchanged from that invented by Sumarian priests thousands of years ago. The techniques are the same too; the Sumarian priests practiced and perpetrated the same bullshit that we all write so much about on this board, though they were much less sophisticated.

It's called the "Hegelian Dialectic", right? - the art of the false dichotomy.

Fair Value numbers- Spoo's-1395.09-NutsDuck-1100.50 both about 3 and bit above fair value-nice analysis Stain-I would add that to make a short term Bullish case the Spoo would have to close above 1119 and change and that ain't going to happen. Stay Short-this is making our year! ;)

Tanks, Brian. Yep 1120 would be bullish. If I have a handle on the chart, 1107 is as high as she'll get...

I hate to sound like a bleeding heart but I find it effen incredible that this country can waste all this friggin money on a bullshit war like this but can't provide some help for it's own starving citizens.

Did you know that our country was founded on the principles of government that Franklin and others learned from the Iroquois Nation with one exception; the Native Americans only allowed women to vote?

The way I look at it, that system could not be worse than what we have.

Did you know that our country was founded on the principles of government that Franklin and others learned from the Iroquois Nation with one exception; the Native Americans only allowed women to vote?

The way I look at it, that system could not be worse than what we have.

Depends do you have a link for that info? Would be interested to read more about the their take on organized government. Thanks.

The order taker is in a call center in Colorado Springs, more than 900 miles, or 1,450 kilometers, away, connected to the customer and to the workers preparing the food by high-speed data lines. Even some restaurant jobs, it seems, are not immune to outsourcing

I just can't wait until the cooking is outsourced as well. Roll into a burger joint and get a burger that was cooked 10 days ago in India. Yummmm.

Better yet, because we have no inflation in our benevolently managed society, the burger will only cost $15.00.

Archived