B4 The Bell Tuezelday August 3

Al Pulls It Out

After 3 Long Days

Fed Update is now posted! Know what Al and his crew are up to, and how it's likely to affect the markets. Take a subscribatory and download your daily Fed Report.

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Abu Graib the News has been blacked out...Military personal had a 90 day comunication ban placed on them...Since then 100's of soldiers have been killed and 1000's wounded...

Remember al-Fallujah? Sunday resistance battles caused massive US casualities...Hear anything about that?

Crickets folks...

Repubs going to endorse flat tax at convention this month? Haven't seen any stories out yet but I am hearing alot of chatter from sources in Washington. I'm all for it.

Interesting way from Shrub to reinvigorate his campaign, if its true. Although employment will decrease by 30m accountants, lawyers and banksters whose sole purpose is to circumvent the current tax laws.

All of whom are Republican voters.

Not going to happen.

Unless the US no longer wants to collect any kind of taxes, the government and accountant/lawyer tax infastructure would not be radically changed by a different kind of tax replacing the income tax. Most people also forget the biggest tax is actually employment (social security) taxes. How could they replace that without going to a private system?

This is just a circus trick to divert attention from other matters.

Things not going to well for F & GM?

GM sets new U.S. sales incentives

Tuesday August 3, 10:22 am ET

DETROIT, Aug 3 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. (NYSE:GM - News) said on Tuesday it was now offering cash rebates totaling up to $2,500 on some of its 2005 model vehicles, in another escalation of Detroit's incentives war.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040803/autos_incentives_1.html

Ford Motor Co. said Tuesday that total U.S. vehicle sales fell 4 percent in July as a slight rise in truck sales was more than offset by sharply lower car sales.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/040803/ford_sales_1.html

After Abu Graib the News has been blacked out...Military personal had a 90 day comunication ban placed on them...Since then 100's of soldiers have been killed and 1000's wounded...

Remember al-Fallujah? Sunday resistance battles caused massive US casualities...Hear anything about that?

Crickets folks...

http://www.capitalstool.com/forums/index.p...ndpost&p=327948

The latest one I heard is that the US could be crippled by an EMP (Electromagnitic pulse) which China and North Korea are capable of causing...

I figure 1 person in the space of a year or 2 could plant 2000 Lb of explosives in 10 Lb quantities and cripple the US...

You need a reason to cripple the US...Eliminate reasons and crippling will not happen...Eliminate the cause and the effect will not happen...

But what American thinks they are the cause of anything? Maybe 1 tenth of 1% of Americans are actually aware that the US is the cause of it's troubles...

The other 99.9% think someone or something else is the cause of the US created problems...

I don't think taxes are the cause so implementation of flat taxes will not accomplish much...

"Do not worry about your beard when you are about to lose you head" - Sun Tzu

Vote for me and get $5000 cash back...

It's turning into a comedy.

Repubs going to endorse flat tax at convention this month? Haven't seen any stories out yet but I am hearing alot of chatter from sources in Washington. I'm all for it.

Interesting way from Shrub to reinvigorate his campaign, if its true. Although employment will decrease by 30m accountants, lawyers and banksters whose sole purpose is to circumvent the current tax laws.

All of whom are Republican voters.

Not going to happen.

Unless the US no longer wants to collect any kind of taxes, the government and accountant/lawyer tax infastructure would not be radically changed by a different kind of tax replacing the income tax. Most people also forget the biggest tax is actually employment (social security) taxes. How could they replace that without going to a private system?

This is just a circus trick to divert attention from other matters.

The flat tax, as proposed by Steve Forbes years ago, was an income tax rate of about 18% for everybody, with only personal exemptions, and NO deductions for mortgage interest, property tax, state taxes, etc.

With war, interest, pension and medical costs exploding, they'd probably have to set the flat rate north of 20% now.

Basically, they still need to collect about $2.2 trillion next year. Shifting to a flat tax with no deductions shoves the jello around on the plate -- some would pay more and some would pay less -- but the overall burden must remain about the same.

The Reagan tax cut of 1981 went halfway toward a flat tax. The top rate was cut to 28%, while many time-honored deductions such as unsecured interest were eliminated. Then Bush I and Clinton raised the marginal rate back to 40% or so.

A true flat tax could restart the "bait and switch" process all over again. First eliminate ALL the deductions to broaden the tax base. Then crank that flat rate higher till it stings and burns ... :lol:

Considering that the bushman knows that the ponzi scheme is about to crash, I suppose that he can promise just about anything he wants right now. IRS will simply be replaced with Homeland Security troops who kick in your door and empty your house.

Archived