On the edge of the abyss

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So 7 senators voted Yes (or No) for Cloture vote but actually voted No for renewal ?

Yeah, they needed to make sure the vote came up so they could be sure he'd be re-anointed, but then they voted no, knowing only a simple majority was needed, so they could tell their constituents they voted against.

Does the announcement of a stock buy-back have to be bullish? I have no idea. Can anyone provide a general overview?

It is thought to be bullish if the company is doing it to support their stock during a temporary low price range. But if they're wrong, and the current price range is not just temporarily low, but is going to stay down permanently, then they are just pouring money down a sinkhole.

It is thought to be bullish if the company is doing it to support their stock during a temporary low price range. But if they're wrong, and the current price range is not just temporarily low, but is going to stay down permanently, then they are just pouring money down a sinkhole.

and in the case of AMZN? just off 10 year highs?

Given how badly the popular iPhones already tax AT&T's data capacity, it is beyond me why anyone with any effing clue would purchase an iPad with the annual $29/month data service for it from AT&T.

Unless AT&T announces plans to dump 12 to 13-digits large into its infrastructure beginning yesterday.

They think it's going higher-- that future earnings will be better than current ones and the overall market will be going higher. If they're right about that it's bullish. Apparently they don't feel a need to invest more cash directly into their business. It's not like they need much. They are what? A warehouse and an Internet site and people mailing stuff to their customers.

If the economy does improve they'll likely be right.

I think Benny's experiment will work to produce Weimar before deflation myself. Although we've been in a pullback & it may continue, I think that we have several years here of AMZN, gold etc. floating up before a big crash.

Bingo.

If the AMZN finance department is so packed with equity-timing geniuses, they should simply establish a hedge fund and print money.

They aren't.

They won't.

They can't.

Given how badly the popular iPhones already tax AT&T's data capacity, it is beyond me why anyone with any effing clue would purchase an iPad with the annual $29/month data service for it from AT&T.

Unless AT&T announces plans to dump 12 to 13-digits large into its infrastructure beginning yesterday.

ATT has another 3G "upgrade" coming up. :)

Archived