"As Good As It Gets" Shopping Melee

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that will really hurt is all those teens and 20 somethings who have never known hardly anything but the huge social and verbal experience that is centered around shopping.

They'll be lost, purposeless in life.

We're actually quite comfortable living in our paid-for mobile home these days.

And with solar power, propane on-demand water heating, start-of-the-art heat pump and gobs of insulation, it's more energy efficient than most spec homes.

Plus, we won't have to "move down" when TSHTF.

Demand for mortgage funding from subprime borrowers is creating the loans driving this surge in issuance, said Thomas Zimmerman, head of securitization research at UBS. Most of the large subprime originators need to constantly come to market to fund this demand, he added.

This trend, said Mr. Lieber, has been fueled by lenders who increasingly have focused on the subprime market as last year's refinancing boom petered out, and on borrowers who hadn't qualified for mortgages in the past.

i know this isn't exactly an original thought around here, but this will end badly. :o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that's all right BM, shorty needs to hear that once in a while.. :lol:

I loved this part: "Asset-backed securities"

uh-huh....or more accurately known as DEBT-backed securities! :P :lol:

Pay attention

Drop u will see should be brought then sell it around the 8th of Dec when Turkey rally will be fully cooked and ready for the drop. Don?t forget to set your stop loss around 1520-1535. (NDX). I don?t think we NDX will see that for now.

Those Gold holders should keep those shares away from itchy sell fingers for now.

DO YOUR OWN R&D

post-331-1101497190.gif

Dollar Shaking and Quaking Financial Markets

Although there appeared to be no appetite in Washington for intervention to arrest the fall of the dollar, the European Central Bank might soon make a foray single-handed on markets to buy dollars for euros, some anal cysts said.

In Germany, the head of the Ifo economic research body Hans-Werner Sinn has urged the ECB to intervene on the foreign exchange markets.

But at HypoVereinsbank, chief economist Martin Huefner said: "There wouldn't be much point at the moment to buy dollars...The ECB simply wouldn't have a chance against the strong anti-dollar sentiment on the market at the moment. If the ECB were to intervene now, it would require astronomic sums. A few billion euros would not do the job."

And the head of economics and strategy at ING bank, Mark Cliffe, agreed that any assault would have to be "massive". He said. "If they intervene, they cannot afford to fail."

Go a head, boys!!! You can do it!!! Just print 'em up!!!

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wouldn?t they have to buy more gold if they want to print???

Dollar Shaking and Quaking Financial Markets

Although there appeared to be no appetite in Washington for intervention to arrest the fall of the dollar, the European Central Bank might soon make a foray single-handed on markets to buy dollars for euros, some anal cysts said.

In Germany, the head of the Ifo economic research body Hans-Werner Sinn has urged the ECB to intervene on the foreign exchange markets.

But at HypoVereinsbank, chief economist Martin Huefner said: "There wouldn't be much point at the moment to buy dollars...The ECB simply wouldn't have a chance against the strong anti-dollar sentiment on the market at the moment. If the ECB were to intervene now, it would require astronomic sums. A few billion euros would not do the job."

And the head of economics and strategy at ING bank, Mark Cliffe, agreed that any assault would have to be "massive". He said. "If they intervene, they cannot afford to fail."

Go a head, boys!!!  You can do it!!!  Just print 'em up!!!

good question Feed ! Don't they have an actual law in EU ? Unlike in the states... :angry:

As far as buying gold, I've been following the GLD etf info as it's been posted here, and it seems that they really DID buy all that gold....2 billion promise-tickets worth, correct?

But if so, why didn't it show in the market? I don't recall seeing any extra bump beyond what one would expect from the ongoing doolah-deval.... :unsure:

Wouldn?t they have to buy more gold if they want to print???

Whatt????

There ain't no gold backing the Euro. They sold most of it. The only thing propping up the Euro is the Growth and Stability Pact, which most countries are violating anyway.

The globe still has an obsession with paper. The Euro is the lesser of the fiat currency evils.

If the ECB has to print Euros to finance a huge dollar buying binge, one which was so large that it "cannot fail", then that will be the catalyst to get gold to launch in Euro terms.......

Sure, gold could sell off in dollar terms, but Black Box Commodity Robot Programs would be getting buy signals all over Europe, and the mo-mo traders at the CTA's would be all over it.........

Win, Win for gold holders, I think...............

post-184-1101499409_thumb.png

I'm surprised the walmart hostesses didn't offer water or gatoraid throughout the stores.  I'm sure they had paramedics sitting outside the entrances.

XMAS 2005 will not be like 2004. It's better they spend it now, cause there won't be nothing left, next season.

New Englanders will be hurling next month when the fuel bills arrive.

I wonder what Sornette has to say about the current manirfestations of the herding instinct as expressed before the various AliBabamart's greeter shouts" "Open O Sesameee "

I personally think that the marketeers enjoy (not in the sadistic sense) getting cheap info watching the behavioural differentials of the Storefront Wildebeests--insignia such as the number of gouged eyes,bloodstained shirtfronts and best of all ,bluejeaned hoofprints on the various rearends of room temperatured cadavers --

Also the zoologigal speciation goes from wildebeests through warthogs finally reaching the end of the spectrum: with reptilian carnivores such as Alligators an Crocodiles---

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Being the clever shopper that I am I always,whenever I want to distract the voracious mob, use one of my infant relatives as bait--

I just feel like buying LEAP puts on all that crap, and checking in again when the headlines on the newspaper talk about the crash.

Oh yeah, and buying some metals too.

If the markets tank next week, load up on retail stocks. I know it's counter-intuitive but 'merican's will react to anything negative by going shopping. :lol: And if the 'mericans run out of cash, Chinese tourists will take their place, buying cheap USD denominated goods.

Looks at Sears from 2001 to present. Particularly the bounce from the Sept 2001 and March 2003 lows.

post-575-1101502110.png

Archived