B4 The Bell Weak-end Den, August 6 - 8

If the market rallies anyway the next day or so up until the end of the Fed meeting, there is no way they will not raise rates. And while interest rates are very important - especially for the carry trade - expanding credit and the money supply is even more important until the 'matrix' blows up. So don't expect that the Fed will actually make credit harder to come by.

P.S. Due to the fact that I'm moving from one residence to another the next few weeks, would someone please start the daily threads - beginning with Monday?

Tansk! ;)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try CBS Marketwatch for the Quotes...seems that the other free sites get off to a late start on Sunday nights....

http://money.cnn.com/markets/morning_call/

Also :)

That's funny.

THat's one of my oldest bookmarks for the futures/fair value numbers... but I never scrolled down the page, and therefore didn't know waht else was on it..

Wow, its so nice to have such a welcome. Thank you Hiding bear and everyone else. I hope I fit in here and can find something of value to post.

Looks like the futures are pointing up....at least for now. Seems like more times than not the market anticipates a bad or good number on employment. I got so excited on Friday wondering if the employment number marked the turning point in the attitude of investors and a change in the market behaviour.

One thing is for sure, no one outside of the financial circles seems to care or even be alarmed. So, I guess maybe I've over-reacted. I tend to view Friday as the day water began to spurt through the crack in the dam. Aside from some good manufacturing numbers out recently (mostly due to military spending) and the fantastically good ISM numbers....durable goods and the leading economic indicators looked like trouble...particularly to the crowd of talking heads that are so optomistic and pointing toward a strong growing second half of the year. So, with the mixed economic news, I was looking at Friiday's number to sort tell us that we still have a mixed picture and that the growth in the second half will be slowing, however, it instead told us that the economy is not only slowing but could actually stall later in the year. It sure seems clear that the economy was running on stimulus in the second half of last year and early this year. And with that stimulus gone..this economy will struggle to be self-sustaining, at best.

Should be a very interesting week ahead....isn't it always....but what the fed does and what the market does and what the ramifications really are.....may begin to be expressed in the market.

YeeeHaaaa!

Best wishes everyone!

I've noticed that our snippets from outside sources are beginning to expand beyond one or two paragraphs when reposting third party material. Please keep snippits to a minimal length. The reader can pick up the rest from the linked article. If you are commenting on excerts, then it's ok to repost those excerpts along with your comments.

Tanks!

Archived