The Fickle Finger of Hedge Fund Investors

I nominate all those rich celebrities who opened up their 400 room mansions giving the Katrina refuges somewhere to stay.

Say what??

What do you mean we couldn't find any who actually opened their homes?

Didnt some of them sing songs,does that count??

What about Sean Penn? He at least rowed out and tried to save some of them.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time Annual Man of Year Award

it's a threesome this year <_>

with Bono in the middle :ph34r:

no better man could be found anywhere in the world? :(

But who are those other two people?

And I thought Bono was dead? Washed up after Cher, went to Congress, and died.

Or is this guy his son.

Son of Sonny.

Bill and Melinda donated $100 Million from their Foundation (tax-shelter) to purchase condoms for Indians.

Bono lobbied for debtor nations to default on their debt, and got Paul O'Neil fired.

These are great accomplishments?

Heck, I'd rather nominate one of those millionaire athletes who can "take it to the hole" with style.

Right On Shorty

If you put the hi-crymes and misdemeanors Mr BillWie Gehts? committed, on one pan of the scale of justice, while attempting to balance it with an opposing pan full of Bills Goodness , the imbalances would astonish most of us

Hes currently going through a period of remorse, and wants to minimise the chance of the Gods attenuating his ethically complicated life by paying for his inevitable death on the installment plan--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: He who dies rich dies a Sinner:Andrew J CCarnegie

I'm trying to grasp a basic understanding of how the world's greatest fiat fraud operates, please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. U.S. consumers borrow against the increased equity in their homes to get U.S. Dollars which they use to purchase millions of plastic car cupholders, self-destructing toys, cheap clothes that wear out first time through the gentle wash cycle, and disposable DVD players produced by slave labor located in China (who we don't even have to ship over here and feed and house like in the 1700's).

2. The Chinese slave owners take the Dollars they receive down to their nearest FCB and exchange them for local currency which is created out of nothing by the FCB.

3. The FCB uses the Dollars to buy Fannie Funny paper packaged IO-NegAm-ARM's.

4. Fannie re-loans the Dollars to new Ho Moaners who will never pay off their mortgages, but whose buying demand drives house prices even higher.

go to Step 1.

I'm trying to grasp a basic understanding of how the world's greatest fiat fraud operates, please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. U.S. consumers borrow against the increased equity in their homes to get U.S. Dollars which they use to purchase millions of plastic car cupholders, self-destructing toys, cheap clothes that wear out first time through the gentle wash cycle, and disposable DVD players produced by slave labor located in China (who we don't even have to ship over here and feed and house like in the 1700's).

2. The Chinese slave owners take the Dollars they receive down to their nearest FCB and exchange them for local currency which is created out of nothing by the FCB.

4. Fannie re-loans the Dollars to new Ho Moaners who will never pay off their mortgages, but whose buying demand drives house prices even higher.

go to Step 1.

This looks like a perpetual motion machine.

go to Step 1.

This looks like a perpetual motion machine.

Shorty, what is your take on Fannie now?

I think anyone who was stupid enough to buy Fannie in the last two years is a big Loser.

I don't know about the nine Flavors of Fannie preferred :lol: stock, but as for the common stock, at the current rate of controlled implosion it will reach zero in two more years.

I sure wouldn't want to show it in my portfolio at the end of the year. But I guess a lot of hedge funds hide everything, and a lot of public pension fund managers don't give a damn because they get so many kickbacks their performance doesn't actually matter. And the school districts just jack taxes to make up for any under-performance that threatens the luxurious union pensions. So a lot of dunces who own the stock are under no real pressure to dump it. Plus the neocons probably want to keep it above zero until Hillary takes office so she can face the music for this one. So we might approach the total wipeout in a gradual asymptotic curve instead of in a straight line.

Within a couple years after everyone already "owns" five or six houses I don't think Fannie will even be needed anymore so maybe it can just die a quiet death.

post-257-1135318932_thumb.png

I think anyone who was stupid enough to buy Fannie in the last two years is a big Loser.

I don't know about the nine Flavors of Fannie preferred :lol: stock, but as for the common stock, at the current rate of controlled implosion it will reach zero in two more years.

I sure wouldn't want to show it in my portfolio at the end of the year. But I guess a lot of hedge funds hide everything, and a lot of public pension fund managers don't give a damn because they get so many kickbacks their performance doesn't actually matter. And the school districts just jack taxes to make up for any under-performance that threatens the luxurious union pensions. So a lot of dunces who own the stock are under no real pressure to dump it. Plus the neocons probably want to keep it above zero until Hillary takes office so she can face the music for this one. So we might approach the total wipeout in a gradual asymptotic curve instead of in a straight line.

Within a couple years after everyone already "owns" five or six houses I don't think Fannie will even be needed anymore so maybe it can just die a quiet death.

Shortyy

You've answered the question by invoking the label for another Gargantuan fallacy:Perpetual Motion Machine,a one time scientific postulate long since driven underground where it should remain

I comfort myslf,minimally to be sure,with Gold. But the other substitute for aspirin is my conception of two parallel Universes,one being the endless torrent of fiat confetti,the great big other universe comprised of Things and ideas about things--

We ,almost in a medieval manner, continue to immerse ourselves, in discussions about the above as if we were Jesuitical students taking advanced courses in Angeology(How many Angels can.......?).

The paradigm shift. which I believe was recently announced,by Royal Dutch Shell and Celanese, to the world. when both companies shut down multi-billion dollar projectss because the costs rose %30 to %50 will put an end to our puzzlement--It will simply put the parallelism into the dumpster and reintroduce "things" by placing these Industrial Jocjeys in the saddle and once again riding mankind

The failure in current thinking is not realising that in order to build infrastructure you nedd infrastructure which itself needs infrastructure in an imploding downward spiraling regression until we hit ROCK bottom

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: When the ounze of Gold hits $d50000'all of the pixelated computerised cash holdings of banks and Brokers willl be rewarded

by having their fiat belief system vaporised--and then let the games begin

ps--Talking about the world in terms of Dollars will eventually become as quaint as reporting events in Runic script--charming but inutile.

Archived