World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Gregarious gambol

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LATEST PRO TRADER REPORTS MARKET UPDATE PROMARKET UPDATE PRO DAILY Doubting Thomas anal cysts Pays A Price by Lee Adler •  November 18, 2015

Yesterday I doubted that the strengthening of these measures was meaningful. Today, the market extracted a price for that doubt, this time piling on to make the point even more strongly.

MARKET UPDATE PROMARKET UPDATE PRO DAILY Bears Get Punished- Will There Be More? by Lee Adler •  November 18, 2015

The rally broke short term trend resistance. Unless it stalls and reverses immediately on Thursday, it sets up a likely challenge of the early November high within the next few days. Then what?

Dr. if I wrote a computer trading algorithm based on your signals I would have come out ahead yesterday.

The problem would be like the autopilot on the plane, it has been programmed to keep within certain parameters, speed, altitude etc when the inputs exceed these parameter limits the autopilot starts beeping and the pilot is supposed to take over and use his training to continue the flight.

In my automated trading algorithm how do I decide the valid inputs and what do I do when the data exceeds programmed parameter limits. The screen should flash red and the alert "flush, flush, call a Dr" comes out of the speakers?

When I was at college using punch cards to program a computer, the acronym of the day was GIGO (Garbage in Garbage out). The actual analysis part is quite simple it is deciding on valid inputs that is the real issue.

w?s=%5EAORD&lang=en-AU&region=AU

All Ords +2% still on the stairway to heaven.  All sectors screaming green: Gold +4.3%, Miners +3.4%, Consumer Staples +2.7% and IT +2.5%.

Over in Asia, China +1.4%, Hong Kong +1.3%, India +1.2% and Nikkei +1.1%.

On to UK/Europe:

t?s=%5EFTSE&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

t?s=%5EGDAXI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=

t?s=%5EFCHI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/

Dr. if I wrote a computer trading algorithm based on your signals I would have come out ahead yesterday. The problem would be like the autopilot on the plane, it has been programmed to keep within certain parameters, speed, altitude etc when the inputs exceed these parameter limits the autopilot starts beeping and the pilot is supposed to take over and use his training to continue the flight. In my automated trading algorithm how do I decide the valid inputs and what do I do when the data exceeds programmed parameter limits. The screen should flash red and the alert "flush, flush, call a Dr" comes out of the speakers? When I was at college using punch cards to program a computer, the acronym of the day was GIGO (Garbage in Garbage out). The actual analysis part is quite simple it is deciding on valid inputs that is the real issue.

The only input that matters is price. Cycle projections are pure priced based measures. Time you can measure with your fingers. Support and resistance? Trendlines. 

Find a copy of Hurst for a simple explanation of how to do cycle projections. When they coincide with key areas of support or resistance and get there in the expected time frame, that's your open or close point. 

It ain't rocket science!  

LATEST NEWS AND OPINION MONEY MORNING What ISIS’ “Blood Oil” Really Means for Oil Markets by Dr. Kent Moors •  November 19, 2015

Oil didn’t spike after last Friday’s massacres in Paris because the chief driver of oil prices has changed.

CHARLES HUGH SMITH The Federal Reserve, Interest Rates and Triffin’s Paradox by Charles Hugh Smith •  November 18, 2015

There is no way Fed policy can be win-win-win for all participants.

FRED SHEEHAN Liability Solutions by Frederick J. Sheehan •  November 18, 2015

Cities are broke. Pension plan promises are in the courtroom. Insurance companies are flying blind, unable to earn a yield. Liabilities have entered a boom…

FAST FACTSWALL STREET EXAMINER EXCLUSIVES You Won’t Believe What Today’s Housing Starts And The 1982 18% Mortgage Have In Common by Lee Adler •  November 18, 2015

Really, you totally won’t believe this.

DAVID STOCKMAN Permabulls Whistling Past The Grave by David Stockman •  November 18, 2015
fredgraph-480x319.png

Goldman’s Fed farm team was out in force today peddling some pretty heavy-duty malarkey about the up-coming rate liftoff at the December meeting.

MONEY MORNING More Proof That Goldman’s Conviction Buy List Is A Marketing Scam by David Zeiler •  November 18, 2015
Conviction-buy-list-300x268.png

Pardon us for not sharing Wall Street’s excitement that Goldman’s Conviction Buy List now includes Apple.

ANTHONY SANDERS Oil Approaching $40 Deepens Investor Pessimism on Recovery by Anthony B. Sanders •  November 18, 2015

Yes, the Mr. Obvious award goes to Bloomberg News for discovering that $40 oil is a sign of increased pessimism in the US (and global) economies.

FAST FACTSWALL STREET EXAMINER EXCLUSIVES Fed Be Strokin’ The Woman That It Loves The Best by Lee Adler •  November 18, 2015
Capture3-480x285.png

Here are some charts on “inflation.” I draw the charts. You draw the conclusions.

CHARLES HUGH SMITH Why The Status Quo Is Doomed: Income Stagnates, Costs Rise by Charles Hugh Smith •  November 18, 2015
declining-wages1-480x457.png

Why are costs rising inexorably? The answer in most cases is simple: cartels.Even if nothing else doomed the status quo, the widening gap between household incomes and costs will push the corrupt contraption over the cliff by itself. The status qu…

Archived