Mark's Thread For The Weak End

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the market could go up on Monday, so what. Market could rocket up on Monday in fact. Two or three points each for all hot ones. So what.

Didn't dock say February? Isn't it still January.

Don R. upsetting the Europeans? Just because he called them "a problem". Condescending, arrogant, ugly American. Could be. He's got a hard job. Trying to make this war a just and necessary war, a good war, a righteous war, is not easy. I'm with you B-4, it's tank city.

Phat thats the funny thing about BB's work....if you get this you get that.....if you get that you get this.

From BB

FeedFool,

2/4, 2/11, 2/19

I don't know how they will play out just yet...

"For next week there are two scenarios:

a. Four sharp days down

b. Three sharp days up

I don't expect sideways action

I believe it will be b. but that's a gut feeling. I won't take any chances that's why I reduced my short exposure by 75%.

The "wheel" i posted shows a triangle (trines for the astologers) completing on Monday (or today). "

The last time BB went against the grain someone bushwacked him on IDS. The funny thing was, almost everyone had the opposite call from BB.

Guess who ended up being right? BB. We started a monster multi week rally.....BB nailed it. He has been gone for months now since that day

Just the fact that he showed up and posted his charts and made a few comments , has gotten my attention. BB never seemed to deal in absolutes.....but he is great at giving us a heads-up.

BB did not make a muti week call.....just a few days. I am hoping he shows up Monday as I have much respect for the man and his work. I am hoping he will add his insight to Doc, SG, TE , Mark, and the rest of Stool Nation.

For what its worth Hood is in 100% short....unless you want to count the 11 bucks cash left in my sweep. :grin:

I agree with END on the under 800 and I agree he is being conservative-we are in uncharted waters there has never, ever been a wave 3 down of this slope and degree. Now as END said earlier it won't go straight down-there should be a bounce,rally (small) and down again-but we are in uncharted waters-watch 7800-7850 DOW-it should bounce there-equivalent SPX-842-44-for Monday a move up above 8250 would have me thinking-correction time-but any correction should not even come close to 900 SPX. Having said all this I am disturbed by the puny-no fear p/c ratio of .83 and the VIX 35.77 and QQV-38.09 if these numbers stay where they are this puppy could CRASH-interesting and historical times-and WOW we are part of it! Trade Safe!

GTN-we can only help THOSE who HELP THEMSELVES-get short and stay there.

Discussed on IDS today.

The Alman Bros. :grin:

I been run down

Lord, I been lied to

And I don't know why

I let that mean woman make out a fool

She took all my money

Wrecked my new car

Now she's with one of my good-time buddies,

Drinkin' in some cross-town bar

Sometimes I feel

Sometimes I feel

Like I been

Tied to the whippin' post

Good Lord, I feel like I'm dyin'

My friends tell me

That I been such a fool

But I got to stand there an' take it

All for loving you

Drown myself in sorrow

As I look at what you done

Nothin' seems to change;

That bad times stay the same,

And I can't run

Sometimes I feel

Sometimes I feel

Like I been

Good Lord, I feel like I'm dyin'

Done by F.Z

This is EXACTLY how the bulls are going to be feeling soon enough. :wink2:

I didn't know Goldmember was such a wasteful person. No one in their right mind would build a standard fireplace. 90% of the heat go up the chimney, wasted. A nice airtight wood stove lined with soapstone with double glass doors would be nice sitting in front of stone veneer and very efficient.

This site saved my slip-n-slide 401k from doom. Ever tried to trade high cap stock fund and bond/mortgage fund against each other with a day delay after ordering reposition? Make move at night, knowing full well it won't be accepted until close of next market day. Move 100% of $ in one fund over to the other depending on what I read here. Worked so far, now have funds resting in bond/mortgage fund for awhile until this massacre is over.

At the beginning of the year, sold all VanG 500 fund and put some in Usagx fund, Bearx fund and cash position. Kinda just watching it all happen now.

You guys make me look like a genius.

(yes I still have AMD)

Ordered paperwork for brokerage shorting. Will join Dr.'s charting after paypal gets new secret #.

B4-

Thanks for the insite on options..

I'm keeping the board's advice- stay short and wait till Stoolville says cover..

I appreciate everybody's contributions..

What an accretive week..makes you misty, almost.

Have a great weekend..God bless your father Doc.

BW

GTNWORSE,

Obviously, I do not know yr investing background, nor what state yr portfolio is in. However, one thing I have observed amongst my investor friends is dat dere is a marked tendency to believe in an imminent stock mkt turnaround and economic recovery.

De reason they continually think like dis is because their portfolios are so far underwater, and de losses are so huge, dat they truly cannot bear to think of de future if things remain de same or GTWORSE.

Holding a massive losing position really screws up our cognitive faculties. It engenders unfounded hope and causes a head-in-de-sand, 'just ignore it' mentality.

Anyone who is holding a long-term losing portfolio (esp. if dat portfolio comprises many former tech-orientated hi-flyers) should consider de *only viable* course of action to put things right: take de loss *now*, and look to rising sectors (precious metals and some other commodities) to begin rebuilding some profits on de long side; and into shorting to achieve some more-immediate profits.

After de catharsis of ditching long-term losers, one is freed to begin looking for de many *new* opportunities (which abound in all types of mkts) for making profits. It's amazing how much accepting a loss, and starting afresh from a cash base, can clear de mind.

success!

gruff.

Archived