IDS World Markets Thurs 20th September 07

*DJ Bernanke:Govt-Backed Programs Must Not Bail Out Investors

I think this guy is certified bi-polar

what in the hell was the 50 basis pt cut for then?

609166[/snapback]

It's like giving a 7-year-old a $100 bill to go to the grocery store and telling him that he should only buy whole grain products, fruits and veggies. The reality is he'll come back with 60 candy bars.

609192[/snapback]

I have to disagree. It's more like dressing up the American public in high heels and putting some lipstick on the dollar, then taking them out on the street and letting your banking buddies gang bang us. Of course GS gets to bang the dollar in the ass, no sloppy seconds for these boys.

What do you do when your government commits treason?

"Was there a leak and stops run in the opposite direction?"

http://www.minyanville.com/articles/FOMC-r...L/index/a/14152

Can I get a Ron Paul?

{Ron Paul}

Who do you owe your sweat and blood to? the government or your country, I'd say take your time thinking about that but we may be in short supply right now.

OK doc you can delete this post now, I'm done ranting......

oh and one more before I go:

RON PAUL

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few questions:

1. Is there any chance of the stock market declining in an environment of (hyper)inflation or does the inflation guarantee that money will go into financial assets?

2. Where do Helo Ben's loyalties lie? Is he paid by the US Government or by the Fed, which is owned by the member banks? If he is like a CEO of any public company and responsive to the shareholders, why should he be expected to act in any manner other than in the interests of his shareholders?

A few questions:

1.  Is there any chance of the stock market declining in an environment of (hyper)inflation or does the inflation guarantee that money will go into financial assets?

2.  Where do Helo Ben's loyalties lie?  Is he paid by the US Government or by the Fed, which is owned by the member banks?  If he is like a CEO of any public company and responsive to the shareholders, why should he be expected to act in any manner other than in the interests of his shareholders?

609200[/snapback]

do you know who really owns the Federal Reserve?

Since they are not audited it is hard to find this information..

Curious disconnect: a survey of 2,850 banking heads in China shows economic confidence amongst pai gow banksters at an all time low. The index registered 21 with the previous all-time low at 36. Confidence in the Chinese banking system falling off a cliff. Guess they're not impressed with the Shankhigh rally. Strange times.

Just looking at the $CAD chart. It's right at the top of intermediate channel. Probably hit parity and correct a bit, but the chart ultimately looks headed for 1.03-1.04.

609160[/snapback]

I am glad that I rolled my maturing Canuck bonds last month. :D

As I watch the dollar collapse I get that old Wiemar feeling, but bond yields rocketing higher again. So if we get Weimar, and bond yields go up with with it, stocks will not participate. It will be hard assets only.

609165[/snapback]

Whiskey Haines and some fumble manager joking about the Helo Ben put and that a little inflation is a good thing. :angry:

*DJ Bernanke:Govt-Backed Programs Must Not Bail Out Investors

I think this guy is certified bi-polar

what in the hell was the 50 basis pt cut for then?

609166[/snapback]

It's like giving a 7-year-old a $100 bill to go to the grocery store and telling him that he should only buy whole grain products, fruits and veggies. The reality is he'll come back with 60 candy bars.

609192[/snapback]

Depends where the 7yr old kid is located. If it's in south east L.A., he'd probably buy a gun, andd then come back with the whole frickin' store.

Just wondering out loud here....but what does this excursion above the trend lines signify here? Is this a dollar rout and a Weimar run? :unsure:

post-1110-1190298608_thumb.jpg

I read about people talking about a "reversion to the mean" but maybe the dollar fall will not allow it? :o

Archived