Annudder Day Annuder Day

I watched part of the "Money Masters" from Google Video yesterday. Very interesting. But also factually inaccurate in many areas. Still, if you have 3 - 5 hours to blow, very entertaining.

Some common myths:

1) Deflation is wonderful.

2) Our tax dollars are skimmed by an international conspiracy of bankers.

3) Paying interest on the national debt is immoral.

4) Commodity-based currencies suck.

Some truths:

1) The Bank of England started the central banking model.

2) Bankers prefer deflation.

3) The power elite has always conspired to build a national central bank.

Just my 2c.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is about 15 minutes down the road from me toward Twa Wivviaywe.

You can drive across it. Absolutely gorgeous natural scenic river, the St. Maurice. Nice little park there where you can picnic, do a little white water rafting.

http://www.bvsm.ca/images/cLaGabelle_0975.JPG

I just found a page of photos from the St. Maurice River basin. Most of these are within 15 minutes from my house. The shot of the farm, and the ones of the Chutes Shawinigan, Shawinigan Sud riverfront, and Iles Melville are all within walking distance.

I just found a page of photos from the St. Maurice River basin. Most of these are within 15 minutes from my house. The shot of the farm, and the ones of the Chutes Shawinigan and Iles Melville are all within walking distance.

591136[/snapback]

I take it you wouldn't open the place up to strip mining?

Spoilsport.

I watched part of the "Money Masters" from Google Video yesterday.  Very interesting.  But also factually inaccurate in many areas.  Still, if you have 3 - 5 hours to blow, very entertaining.

Some common myths:

1) Deflation is wonderful.

2) Our tax dollars are skimmed by an international conspiracy of bankers.

3) Paying interest on the national debt is immoral.

4) Commodity-based currencies suck. 

Some truths:

1) The Bank of England started the central banking model.

2) Bankers prefer deflation.

3) The power elite has always conspired to build a national central bank.

Just my 2c.

591132[/snapback]

I would think bankers prefer inflation... After all why did they create the fractional reserve system and central banking model? To print money....

Looks like some spiteful f*cker sold off the Spooz cash right at the end, closing it slightly below the ATH.

Probably Al Qaeda.

Or maybe a jealous renter.

591118[/snapback]

Did you sell your SDS today? I think that you mentioned a relatively tight stop on the other half.

591121[/snapback]

Sold it yesterday when SPX was at 1535-1536. Lost 3 pts on 1/2, made 20 pts on the other 1/2. Really wasn't looking to make money on it, just protecting some of my gitchier long positions in case the crooks wanted to take 'er downtown as a pre-opex shank.

My main regret this week was that I got too focused on SPX 1532 and forgot about my old friend Nardsaq 2632. When the Nard tagged 2632 and bounced, that was a clear and present signal that Wall Street's Finest had the moonshot in mind.

If I had to do it all over, I'd would've still shorted SPX 1532, but gone long the Q's when the Nard bounced at 2632. Then held both until one or the other gave way. I call that "cake and eat it too" strategy.

Should also mention I have no interest shorting the broads unless/until they get below SPX 1532 and, especially, Nardsaq 2632 again. At least from a multi-week or longer perspective.

But if they continue higher, new patterns might emerge that would make low-risk s/t short opps. And of course, if the Nard gets to my ultimate resistance at 2875-2925, I'd make a stand there for sure.

That said, even if we scoot up there, there will be short stock/sector opps along the way. There might even be some right now. As mentioned on IDS, the pct of SPX stocks over their respective 200dayMA's, as well as on PnF buy signals, has been diminishing with each new SPX high this year (Feb, Jun, Jul).

So selected stocks and sectors are getting tossed overboard as we climb higher. Unless these charts get a second wind, I assume that will continue to be the case until the next I/T peak, whenever that may be.

I would think bankers prefer inflation... After all why did they create the fractional reserve system and central banking model? To print money....

Bankers own no real assets, just money. Inflation devalues the real value of that money, which makes it that much harder for them to stay ahead.

They have other tools to stay ahead, like interest rate spreads and fractional reserve. But banks were one of the biggest owners of Treasury bonds after WWII. You can't tell me they got a good deal on it?

I think what happened is that the Rockefellers and Rothschilds and Morgans thought they could monopolize and control the federal government. But FDR pretty much ended that. Government is in control. Consider that the Bank of England used to return enormous profits to their stakeholders in the 18th century; today, the Fed is obligated to return the bulk of its profits back to the Treasury.

I'm not saying private bankers don't benefit from the system, but their benefit is different from the way most conspiracists imagine.

Ron Paul said it best: The war on terrorism is not a war because terrorism is really a tactic.

Just another excuse by the government to wage endless war, increase the military-industrial complex, and steal our civil liberties.

Nobody really wants to capture Bin Laden.  Least of all, Rudy Mussolini.

591126[/snapback]

Bin Laden is a cash cow for the defense boyz. Or a golden calf. Take your pick of bovine-related metaphors.

You gotta have a boogey man.

We can't use the commies anymore because we owe them too much money. :lol:

Knowing what to focus on is the thing. You think you're focused on the right thing, meanwhile British are climbing up the cliffs of the Plains of Abraham in the dead of night. Nothing to do but surrender in the morning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Plains_of_Abraham

CME looks ready to blast off from 595 to about 650. The breakout is at 596.30. You could buy the breakout and put your stop there.

I'll take 4 shares, please.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived