Happy Holidaze Weak End

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<h2 class="post-title">Fed Begins Cutback, Treasury Market Rocked – Professional Edition</h2>

by Lee Adler, Friday, September 4, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The Treasury announced next week’s auction schedule on Thursday. The combination of big new supply in the intermediate and longer maturities, along with the market’s awareness that the Fed will be gradually cutting back and ending its longer term Treasury purchase program over the next 7 weeks, rocked the Treasury market on Friday. The pundits naturally blame the “green shoot” unemployment data, which is really just an excuse. The real issue is that the market is facing the prospect of life without the Fed subsidy. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Those two big plunges in the long end this week looked like accidents to me. Not that accident is the right word.

I noted that the notes and bond prices have done simple moving average crossovers to the upside on weekly charts. I respect the hell out of this simple thing.

Noland brought up the idea of eventual trouble in the long end and he rarely does that. That is the big enchilada. Most know this intuitively but refuse to really think about it. The US Treasury being able to fund itself is assumed to be as certain as the sunrise. My WAG is stocks will be sacrificed to save them again if necessary. Maybe more than once over the next 12 to 18 months. Trading ranges would be a stupendous victory.

gov't lied again

they originally reamported 247,000 families pole-axed in July

then they saw an additional 265,000 families pole-axed in August

which was worse than July

so they back-reamvised 49,000 pole-axing's out of the August total, reamducing it to "only" 216,000 families

which they then said was better than July

butt they're lying

the truth is, things are getting worse

of course the truth is of butt little interest anymore

there is no truth in America

all there is, is what you can git by robbing from your neighbors

I wanna vote in people who will rob from you to give to me

because I deserve it

so screw you

and you wanna vote in people who will rob from me to give to you

because you deserve it

so screw me

may the lowest of the low prevail

as we descend together into a banana reampublic

party on

Song 4...Resume Man...finagler's finagle, figurers figure, fiddlers fiddle: #7 Birdland...awh heck, listen to the whole thing, great show. #5: Pirates...San Fransisco's Warfield Theatre, March 18/2000

click da play button...speakers on and loud...weekend listening...hellavu shoooooooow.

http://www.archive.org/details/sci2000-03-18.dsbd.shnf

this piece from the oldest swiss bank is a shot across the bow

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19350839/Wegelin...axes-and-Assets

dharma

If they are Switzerland's oldest bank, then it means they are Switzerland's oldest criminal organization.

Remember, these are the same organizations that gleefully accepted Nazi gold, mined from the Crematoriums, and confiscated untold wealth from murdered clients.

No human cruelity is too disgusting, vile or revolting for them to walk away from.

Throwing up the names of a few American Tax Cheats should serve to protect the Swiss Banks main money laundering activities and shelter their core clients; which includes petty dictators, mafioso, drug runners, slave traders, human organ smugglers, rogue governments and international terrorists.

Song 4...Resume Man...finagler's finagle, figurers figure, fiddlers fiddle: #7 Birdland...awh heck, listen to the whole thing, great show. #5: Pirates...San Fransisco's Warfield Theatre, March 18/2000

click da play button...speakers on and loud...weekend listening...hellavu shoooooooow.

http://www.archive.org/details/sci2000-03-18.dsbd.shnf

Tanks for the link - Great Music!!

Kinda reminds me of :

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCiOtUtJ7cE.swf

Just got back from our Labor day festival and it was ........empty.... :huh:

this is in a large suburb of Chicago and the concerts are free..This really pissed me off knowing the only ones benefiting from helo ben are the foulking pigmen...the very cretins that took down the globe....

Saturdays and Sundays are always jammed..it was a beautiful night and first thing I noticed is we parked much closer then we usually do....we got there late and walked around and there maybe a THIRD of the people from last year...Randy Bachman from the Guess Who and BTO was there....crowd for the concert was about a third of last year... .we walked around with my son and the lines for the rides were short..some rides were sitting there empty or with one kid on it....never have seen that...ever.

Then...for the first time since I've been going 17 years ago,,,no fireworks.....

It was actually surreal...rumor is the village may sheet can the festival due to monetary deficits....I would consider our municipality one of the better ones in the area and if we are having problems here..the sheet is gonna hit the fan again.

Tomorrow should be a the tell if the crowds are down as much as they were tonight. I don't know how long the government can pull off this scam by portraying "imminent prosperity" by goosing the S&P 500 on low volume and jacking up the value of sheet stocks,

If tonight was any indication things are getting better....here's what I would say to the "money printers"...I saw Green Sheets tonight in real time...

Just got back from our Labor day festival and it was ........empty.... :huh:

this is in a large suburb of Chicago and the concerts are free..This really pissed me off knowing the only ones benefiting from helo ben are the foulking pigmen...the very cretins that took down the globe....

Saturdays and Sundays are always jammed..it was a beautiful night and first thing I noticed is we parked much closer then we usually do....we got there late and walked around and there maybe a THIRD of the people from last year...Randy Bachman from the Guess Who and BTO was there....crowd for the concert was about a third of last year... .we walked around with my son and the lines for the rides were short..some rides were sitting there empty or with one kid on it....never have seen that...ever.

Then...for the first time since I've been going 17 years ago,,,no fireworks.....

It was actually surreal...rumor is the village may sheet can the festival due to monetary deficits....I would consider our municipality one of the better ones in the area and if we are having problems here..the sheet is gonna hit the fan again.

Tomorrow should be a the tell if the crowds are down as much as they were tonight. I don't know how long the government can pull off this scam by portraying "imminent prosperity" by goosing the S&P 500 on low volume and jacking up the value of sheet stocks,

If tonight was any indication things are getting better....here's what I would say to the "money printers"...I saw Green Sheets tonight in real time...

I think the PTB are trying to "fake it 'til they make it"-- propping the market up so that at least some people will have their wealth increased through their stocks rising,. And pension funds will do less badly than they would have done if the market had just continued falling, so maybe the Pension Benefit Guarantee Fund won't go as bankrupt. Maybe TPTB are hoping & praying that some people will buy some houses with their money from rising stocks, or will otherwise spend money in some way that will help the economy. Now whether "fake it 'til they make it" will actually WORK in any area at all, is the 50 gazillion dollar question. Gosh, remember when we used to have only 50 thousand dollar questions? Seems those days are gone.

The stock market is a sideshow. The Treasury market must be saved at all costs. The stock market will be sacrificed when the time comes, and it is coming. 4th quarter. Mark your calendars.

And subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition! Click the link below.

One might rationally conclude that the present time is a "second chance" selling opportunity for the buy and fold equity geese.

Reamtail "traders" who held broad dongs over the 12 month abyss are now down only about 10%... Not a bad 12 months for these sophisticated investors. "Honey, that WSJ subscription is really paying for itself!"

The Buy and Hold dong only river boaters just got their bail out.

post-2117-1252240899_thumb.png

This explains some of last nights festival no show experience,,,this is what happens when you gut your manufacturing base and your economy is dependent upon sheep spending their arse off and piling up debt...Apple just became a short target for next week after their "Gadget Festival" is over and all the County Fair cow auction price target competitions are over....

For 14.9 million jobless Americans, Labor Day is no holiday, just another stressful day

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Every day it's a battle. The nearly 15 million unemployed Americans won't enjoy Labor Day as a relaxing respite from work. Instead, they'll once again need to prepare to get up, hit the pavement and keep hunting for a job.

As the jobless rate nears 10 percent, even those fortunate enough to be employed fret about keeping their jobs. But for those without them, it's a daily struggle with emotional and economic distress.

"It's stressful whether you have a job or not," says Patricia Drentea, associate professor of sociology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. "If you are out of a job, it can be demoralizing to know that the tide has not yet turned. For those still in jobs, there is the constant worry that there is going to be more layoffs."

The worst recession since World War II has claimed a net total of 6.9 million jobs -- and more losses are expected, casting a pall over this year's Labor Day.

A growing number of people have grown so frustrated that they've stopped looking for work. The number of such "discouraged workers" totaled 758,000 in August -- nearly twice as many as a year ago. Because they've abandoned their job searches, they aren't included in the government's count of the 14.9 million people who are unemployed.

If discouraged workers and people who have settled for part-time work are included, the unemployment rate would have been 16.8 percent in August, the highest on records dating to 1994.

A "poor" job market, evaporated wealth from home and stock values, hard-to-get credit and wages that aren't likely to rise much anytime soon mean Americans face "considerable headwinds," Fed officials said. How consumers behave is crucial to the recovery because their spending accounts for roughly 70 percent of economic activity.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/For-the-jobl...set=&ccode=

But the pigmen spent the weekend in the Hamptons......

Archived