Its The Stock Market, Stupid

Strikerm:

KRY halted until 2000, 2001, 2002 financials are restated.

Improper accounting of hedges.

Who knows when it will open back up.

I bought some yesterday (Uuggghh!!!).

Somebody here said it was a Bob Chapman recommendation.

Yet another FlimFlam operation.

Chapman's out of the country somewhere, probably living on a Private Island next to Nick Guarino.

Jerks......

figures, I have 5000 shares. Ive mentioned it before here, sorry, ....Ive been robbed by accounting once again...So much for value investing...where do I fill out the paperwork to get a sticker of the company logo at least for remembrance. I here RGLD would be fair valued if gold was at 1000 per ounce fwiw....

RGLD has a P/E of 32.

can you read this without logging in? good read from febuary

http://www.valueinvestorsclub.com/guests/v...=992&more=dtrue

Was this the same stuff that was in the article that trashed RGLD's price in Feb?

It's good to know. Why don't they operate as a unit trust like the Canadian Royalty Trusts for Oil/NG?

no clue. The chart looks like it is going up to new highs. Rising gold could shoot it to 30 I bet. I hope since Im loaded with the miners.Im targeting 27 to short...stop 30.03

Look at Sinclair's analysis on RGLD (www.jsmineset.com archives). He thinks many of the folks doing valuations are not valuing it properly as a royalty co.

Crapman is back in the country and publishing Int'l Fornicator to which I subscribe. Crapman gets paid to promote some of the OTCBB and small cap stocks he covers in IF, so be careful. I have been in and out of KRY in the past. Anyone willing to risk the current Venezuelan political/legal situation on more than a very small play relative to your porfolio size may as well just go blow your brains out. The Las Cristinas properties have been in an ongoing legal soap opera. I would also be careful with SA miners--DROOY in particular.

btw, a number of newsletter writers get paid to cover stocks (including J Taylor who admits it, but claims it doesn't effect his reco's--sure). I subscribe to both (IF & J Taylor) but one shouldn't take anyone's reco at face value.

What's amusing about Crapman is that he criticizes the big borkers while he does the same thing on a smaller scale!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay. I get it now. The IDS is to be split into two threads - one bear only?

I mistakenly thought Doc had restricted the afternoon IDS day trading thread to be for bears only. My bad for overreacting without knowing wtf was going on.

The dual thread is a very good solution and hats off to the proprietor for coming up with a simple solution.

Now...what are the rules again? Are we restricted on what stocks we can talk about? All of mine mentions have been within the rules Doc set out a while back. No low volume POS stocks - except in the gold forum, where low volume POS stocks make up practically our entire portfolios.

Are any of the stocks I mentioned out of bounds of the rules? Just wondering.

There's two many effing boreds hear now!

They can't let real estate crack...A little steam dump maybe...

If it goes unemployment will take off like a rocket refi's dry up rapid like...

They should be able to do it...for a few months more at least...

The average rate would have to drop to 4.9% and you would need massive volume to turn a profit...

Rates have to keep dropping it is as simple as that...or hire everyone that has been laid off since 2000 for double the pay in the next few months...

Today, the top came in, including the whipsaw that I had dual targets for.......and the bulls......didn't notice......probably busy watching a herd of FURin internut insineraters...... :lol: :lol: :lol: .......and nary an eye on key indices...

.....thank Stool there is an IDS bear thread now....

.....though I would expect the whole board will soon transmogrify back to a bear board.....

.......follow the cmaps, in your Anals....cheap, buy J.M. Hurst's book and flush the Niederjerkoffers away, like the markets, and perhaps that "in advance, yet"

might be taken a little more seriously by enquiring minds....

I am soooo glad that my first real exposure to technical analysis was here at Capitalstool.com.....

Wndy has his eye open...right on top of the fence, it seems, for whatever way the market falls...I hope...

.....the other bulls better be nimble too!

coboy,

I don't understand why you hang out on a semi bear site. Why?

Can we just stop this? Coboy's comments are most welcome after all the money I've lost listening to the bearish calls. My responsibility, but if Mark was allowed to speak up when he turned bullish perhaps I would have hedged myself some more. The perma-bears can't tolerate an opposing point of view.

Guest AssMaster

Perhaps everyone should stay nimble.

What was that quote - The extent to which you need to know or think you know what direction the markets will go is the extent to which you will lose money s a trader. Something like that. It was on someone's byline.

Perhaps everyone should stay nimble.

What was that quote - The extent to which you need to know or think you know what direction the markets will go is the extent to which you will lose money s a trader. Something like that. It was on someone's byline.

.....sigh

.....a load of crap, probably sent forth into the disinformation age of Crapvision bubbleheads, mutual fund salesmen and investment bonker analcysts....or just someone who wouldn't or couldn't embrace a Hurst view of technical analysis....

.....nimble

.....nothing I ever worry about, anymore. :grin:

Guest AssMaster

Question:

On the S&P, how high could a B wave retracement of the downmove rise without invalidating the bear market? What is the maximum upside risk?

I've heard a lot about stupid bulls on Yahoo. Encouraging each other to buy, buy, buy even in the face of the worst bear market in 60 years. Howevery, there is a lot in common with Yahoo boards here. It's simply reversed -with bears in control. But a lot of the commentary is not much different, especially the replies to those whose viewpoints differ from the majority.

And the results are the same too. Whatever it takes to make the bears humble, that is what the markets will do - just like they did to the bulls.

Indeed AssMaster, as Mr. Bare has been saying from sheesh, I guess day 1, this bear market will FuX0r both bulls and bears alike. I would just like to add that coboy has made some fine contributions to this board as have other bears that take the opposite side at times. I enjoy seeing the kind of comments where people lay their position on the line and defend it in an amicable manner such as Brian vs Coboy, however, I dont understand the need to turn it personal as TE often seems to do. TE it would be nice if you would not post emotional personal messages to the forum. I see this regularly from you and I must say it gets old. Perhaps you could try to save those messages for private or just keep them to yourself. TIA. (I better add a smiley) :)

Still no comments or suggestions about Scam Week.

Up or down??

Lets have some opinions.  Bull and Bear.

?....

spx0307scamweekprojII.gif

the projection/WAG is derived primarily from two things:

1) overwhelming evidence that we are at, are finishing, or have finished a significant IT top; and

2) the net daily behavior of the five days leading up to OE, as averaged day-by-day over the past 20something scam weeks.

Question:

On the S&P, how high could a B wave retracement of the downmove rise without invalidating the bear market? What is the maximum upside risk?

I've heard a lot about stupid bulls on Yahoo. Encouraging each other to buy, buy, buy even in the face of the worst bear market in 60 years. Howevery, there is a lot in common with Yahoo boards here. It's simply reversed -with bears in control. But a lot of the commentary is not much different, especially the replies to those whose viewpoints differ from the majority.

And the results are the same too. Whatever it takes to make the bears humble, that is what the markets will do - just like they did to the bulls.

If you believe like I do that the entire down move from 1553 was an A wave and that we are now in a B wave with a C down yet to come, the answer is 1554, give or take. B waves can and often do retrace the entire A. Where ever this B wave ends (in the big picture we haven't even retraced .38 of the decline), I expect the C to pretty much match the A.

And actually, from a technical standpoint, we could even make a marginal new high and still get a C wave down, back to the 700's. Or lower.

So until we take out 1553 with authority, it's a bear market.

But I suspect you already knew the answer to your question. B) :D

coboy,

I don't understand why you hang out on a semi bear site. Why?

Can we just stop this? Coboy's comments are most welcome after all the money I've lost listening to the bearish calls. My responsibility, but if Mark was allowed to speak up when he turned bullish perhaps I would have hedged myself some more. The perma-bears can't tolerate an opposing point of view.

Why most will end up transferring their money to insiders.

Archived