IDS World Markets Mon 17th March 08

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THe question now is what to do about those shorts added to the WSE Pro Chart pick list. They are all going to open sharply lower. Our rules will have us entering on the open. If there's a reversal today, there's going to be some pain. If there isn't, then these should work out ok over time.

If you have been following these, it's a very tough call. Personally, I'm risk averse, so I would like to wait for the bounce. But this might be one of those once in a lifetime crash opportunities. If I were going to bite the bullet and go in on the open, I would allow a lot of leeway for a counter trend rally, then make the decision whether to stay or go based on direction late in the day. Very, very tough call.

For tracking purposes, I have no choice but to follow the rules of the game I set up.

How would you handle it?

That's the best line of the year.? :lol:

652033[/snapback]

Tanks. Are you a horror fan? Dr B. sure reminds me of a horror movie. I'm a big fan of horror--movies and books. Have about 800 horror movies, 700 of which are before 1980. Somehow they got too violent and uhm... something after that. Not to my taste.

That's the second time in the past few weeks that I have turned it on. The last time was in 2003.

I told you the story about seeing Bloomberg a couple weeks ago while I was in the waiting room of the tire store. Actual unbiased financial journalism with truly knowledgeable guests. But you can only get it on satellite in most places? I guess.

652055[/snapback]

I have bloomberg on cable and watch it a lot. I don't think they're quite unbiased, but they're no infomercial either. They know where their bread is Bernanked... err... buttered. Maybe it's just that Mayor Bloomberg doesn't need the money that bad.

Yep, I'm in a Holiday Inn Express right now and they have a bunch of channels but couldn't find Bloomy.  Fortunately free wifi.  Plus Bloomy's web coding for their video doesn't work right in Apple's Safari or the MacOS X Firefox.

652057[/snapback]

I can help you with that.

1. Go here: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/av/

2. Click on a Watch Video button.

3. The bloomberg interface will come up, but it won't play.

4. Hit: Shift-Apple-\ or go to Menu-View-Address Bar.

5. You'll find a URL that's something like this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/avp/avp.htm?clipS..._8RFMCuaBEo.asf

6. Delete this part of it: www.bloomberg.com/avp/avp.htm?clipSRC=mms://

7. This will leave you with the following URL:

http://media2.bloomberg.com/cache/v_8RFMCuaBEo.asf

8. Cut that shortened URL.

9. Open Windows Media or Quicktime Player.

10. Go to Menu-File-Open URL

11. Paste that shortened URL into the thingie when prompted.

12. Hit return.

It should play; it does for me.

These directions are long - but once you've done it twice, it's very easy.

Anybody think it's a coincidence that there is all kinds of merger and buy-out stuff today? CME buying NMX, HRB unloading their mortgage-servicing division, etc.....

Not to mention the Visa IPO is supposed to have been moved up to today instead of Wednesday.

Archived