World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Unproductive unfolding

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LATEST NEWS AND OPINION MUST READ Article 50: Facts by Constantin Gurdgiev •  July 21, 2016

There is a lot of poorly informed nonsense being pushed around the media (especially ‘new media’) about Article 50 process relating to the Brexit. The best, most cogent and brief summary of what actually is involved in this process was provided back in…

MUST READ The Girl Child Arrives by Bruce Krasting •  July 21, 2016

Sea surface temperatures in the central Pacific fell another 0.2 degrees in the last week. This drop was sufficient to achieve La Nina conditions:  

WALL STREET EXAMINER EXCLUSIVES Tweet O’TheDay by Lee Adler •  July 20, 2016
CnlIOywUIAALz081.jpg

Americans waiting to cross the border into Canada, pending the Presidential election, no matter who wins.

OK, but really:

MUST READ McKinsey’s "Generation Worse"… by Constantin Gurdgiev •  July 20, 2016
A new study from McKinsey looks at the cross-generational distribution of income as a form of new ‘inequality’, in words of the authors: “an aspect of inequality that has received relatively little attention, perhaps because prior to the 2008 financial crisis less than 2 percent of households in advanced economies were worse off than similar households in previous years. That has now changed.

FAST FACTS How The Fed and Most Economists Ignore Inflation, And Why That Means Big Trouble by Lee Adler •  July 20, 2016
Capture-480x285.png

The headline CPI numbers are finally starting to hit or exceed the Fed’s target, coming in at a seasonally finagled rate of +0.2% for both…

MUST READ Regulations from Dodd-Frank Impose More Than $36 Billion In Costs On The Economy by Anthony B. Sanders •  July 20, 2016

According to The Hill, Regulations from the Wall Street financial reform law (Dodd-Frank) have imposed more than $36 billion in costs on the economy.

MUST READ This “Demand Dynamo” Is Where Oil Prices Are Really Set by Dr. Kent Moors •  July 20, 2016

The West may still hog oil finance, but the country driving demand for crude – and oil prices – lies elsewhere.

MUST READ Morgan Stanley Posts 25.5% Q2 Earnings Surprise, Market Not Interested by Anthony B. Sanders •  July 20, 2016
msear-480x353.png

Unlike Bank of America that also had a positive earnings surprise, Morgan Stanley’s 25.5% Q2 earning surprise resulted in a microscopic price gain.

MUST READ IMF ‘clowns’ admit they got it wrong with Brexit doom and gloom warnings by Anthony B. Sanders •  July 20, 2016
ukbankz-480x353.png

From the Daily Mail, IMF ‘clowns’ admit they got it wrong with Brexit doom and gloom warnings after saying the British economy will grow faster than Germany and France.

How The Fed and Most Economists Ignore Inflation, And Why That Means Big Trouble by Lee Adler •  July 20, 2016

Capture.png

The headline CPI numbers are finally starting to hit or exceed the Fed’s target, coming in at a seasonally finagled rate of +0.2% for both May and June. CPI understates actual inflation, and that plays havoc with other economic data. With the Fed focused on bad data, it has had the excuse to continue ZIRP in a futile attempt to…

For the 4th time this year I sold everything and went to cash this morning,I don't know how long this can keep going up,and things that were trading with huge NAV discounts are now at par or at premiums in some cases.

I don't know how long i will stay in cash or what the hell to do at this point.

For the 4th time this year I sold everything and went to cash this morning,I don't know how long this can keep going up,and things that were trading with huge NAV discounts are now at par or at premiums in some cases.

I don't know how long i will stay in cash or what the hell to do at this point.

The area between here and 2300 is gray. Could have an intermediate term peak anywhere. 

Archived