B4 The Bell Tuezelday September 7

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the masses aren't angry , its only us bears who are angry, or the Michael Moore crowd,or the anti -war protestors, or the environmentalists and their ilk,everyone else is laughing.

The rest of the community is as happy as a pig in shit,they don't hate Bush,they don't hate Greenspan,they don't hate bullish commentators,they love life.

Why wouldn't they? Their house prices have gone thru the roof,stock prices are stable,they have 2 of everything ever made,they aren't dodging bullets in Iraq,life is just wonderful .

I doubt that anyone gives any, of the stuff we discuss even a seconds thought.

I doubt that 5 out of 10 Australians even know who our Reserve bank chief is.

The real test will be the to see if the Howard govt wins this upcoming election,suddenly all the outrage over the war and several other "moral" issues have gone out the door now that house prices have dropped and the spectre of more interest rate rises under a Labour govt has surfaced,the silence is deafening .

Hypocrites !!!!!

Ignorance is bliss it would seem.

No president has EVER won re-election with the stock market down his first four years.

I will repeate this every day till election day.

TE there is always a first time. Badly mangled campaign by Kerry and Company. If I didn't know any better I would think they threw it. ;)

No doubt there is a first time. This market has shown us many a first time. It is up in the air. I am just wishfull thinking and thru good Karma, It might just repeate it's self once more.

Kerry's campaigner's whimsical adds about broken records aren't going to do it. I think it's funny, but is it effective? Who do they think they're dealing with? Is Karl Rove such a dumpling of a man that they've mistaken him for a care bear?

I could do a better job being Kerry's campaign manager. First, in order to restore a little spontaneity, I'd replace him on the campaign trail with a more engaging animatronic dummy. Then I'd get a new wife for the dummy, one who can fake admiration and who doesn't look like she just rolled out of bed after a bad drunk.

Then I'd hire Walter Cronkite to look sternly into the camera for an anti bush ad and say, "It's not a case of if, but when", followed by the poignant cry of a screaming baby....Then, giant mushroom cloud. Cut back to Cronkite. He says with authority, "George Bush, Only the cockroaches will survive." Cut to parched landscape with repulsive insects scittering about--volume way up on the skittering sounds. Play it over and over and over.

Then do another one where he morphs into Hitler. Tsk, tsk. Not very politically correct is it? They have to fight fire with fire, and if they can't recognize that fact they will cede the election to the repugs.

No president has EVER won re-election with the stock market down his first four years.

Markets down?

Four more years?

Not a chance!!!!

I've got this election in the bag!!!

dude, his eyes are closed :lol: he'll never get another purple heart, its pointed the wrong way? :blink:

Yes Yo Bob-if the Idiot Prince wins I'm sure a lot of good Muricans will end up and be welcome here. I just don't think that will happen for a lot of reasons including the one TE keeps pointing out. 1109-10 is indeed important if it fails and goes down from there the rally is over. Conversely they badly need a close comfortably over 1122 which as today proved is not going to be easy. Tomorrow is the first day of the cluster of 5 Fibo time periods converging and tomorrow is the phi relationship from the beginning of the Bear which to me means a high probability of a turn tomorrow. McHugh does a great job of laying this all out in his weekend report. Today we gapped open to 1121.09 in spoo cash and that gap is a yawning chasm just waiting to be filled! ;)

What Happened to the 4% Bond?

Uncle Buck Has a Flat

Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Take a subscribatory and get the latest whiff of Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit.

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Kerry's campaigner's whimsical adds about broken records aren't going to do it. I think it's funny, but is it effective?  Who do they think they're dealing with? Is Karl Rove such a dumpling of a man that they've mistaken him for a care bear?

I could do a better job being Kerry's campaign manager. First, in order to restore a little spontaneity, I'd replace him on the campaign trail with a more engaging animatronic dummy. Then I'd get a new wife for the dummy, one who can fake admiration and who doesn't  look like she just rolled out of bed after a bad drunk.

Then I'd hire Walter Cronkite to look sternly into the camera for an anti bush ad and say, "It's not a case of if, but when", followed by the poignant cry of a  screaming baby....Then, giant mushroom cloud.  Cut back to Cronkite. He says with authority, "George Bush, Only the cockroaches will survive." Cut to parched landscape with repulsive insects scittering about--volume way up on the skittering sounds. Play it over and over and over.

Then do another one where he morphs into Hitler. Tsk, tsk. Not very politically correct is it? They have to fight fire with fire, and if they can't recognize that fact they will cede the election to the repugs.

Threadbare:

"Then I'd hire Walter Cronkite to look sternly into the camera for an anti bush ad and say, "It's not a case of if, but when", followed by the poignant cry of a screaming baby....Then, giant mushroom cloud. Cut back to Cronkite. He says with authority, "George Bush, Only the cockroaches will survive." Cut to parched landscape with repulsive insects scittering about--volume way up on the skittering sounds. Play it over and over and over."

Nice one :lol:

Don't forget "Four more Wars" (FoMoWo's)!

This election is not about the economy. Every other election has been but this one is different. People can overlook the economy when they are afraid of being attacked. Watching children in Russia being massacred is a much more important image than Kerry's empty factory commercials. Dick Morris said this one week after 9/11 and I didn't believe it at the time. But he was absolutely correct.

For all the brovado on the street, I can tell you first hand that most are a heartbeat away from sheer panic. Light a fire cracker in Manhattan and you'll see 500 traders with skid marks in their shorts.

Hiding Bear: In alphies new hyperinfaltionary world, what in the world has held gold back?  The way the mad statist is printing gold should be north of 1000 .

Either we're going down a black hole or all of his friends have been buying the stuff on the cheap for the past 20 some years. ;)

Various Fed members this year said that some inflation is desirable. But probably they do not want too much interest in gold or commodities - least money will flow out of real estate and the market to the next hot investment.

In addition, so far all central banks are in the 'dollar pool' and don't want to break ranks just yet.

I'm planning on buying some silver futures when they open this evening.

This election is not about the economy. Every other election has been but this one is different. People can overlook the economy when they are afraid of being attacked. Watching children in Russia being massacred is a much more important image than Kerry's empty factory commercials. Dick Morris said this one week after 9/11 and I didn't believe it at the time. But he was absolutely correct.

For all the brovado on the street, I can tell you first hand that most are a heartbeat away from sheer panic. Light a fire cracker in Manhattan and you'll see 500 traders with skid marks in their shorts.

I never said it was about the economy. It has always been about the market, based on that stat.

One of the many points of light I aquired by being here is the fact the the economy and the stock market have little to do with one another.

Archived