B4 The Bell Moonday September 27

Hiding Bear

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I had to get angry  about it... same way I quit smoking."

I just read some Bhudist stuff at my sister in laws which preaches peace and love.

Recently I saw a blip on Islam which said that anger is the most motivating force.

For those of U who don't want to quit just yet. Yesmoke.com has 12.95 per carton Marlboro's.

For those of you who don't want to quit yet - quit anyway. You might not be as lucky as I have been - coronary artery bypass graft, carotid artery clean-out, several stents, and, only because I died, a pacemaker.

I know it hurts - do it anyway.

I picked up an IPOD this weekend. I must give huge kudos to Apple. What a beautiful little gadget. The simple brilliance of the interface is stunning. The speed and capacity are amazing. I find myself just holding it in my hands and admiring it. Having owned a plethora of geek toys including several MP3 players, I can honestly say this is hands down the best one - in every way.

Indiscipline/ King Crimson.

I do remember one thing.

It took hours and hours but..

by the time I was done with it,

I was so involved, I didn't know what to think.

I carried it around with me for days and days..

playing little games

like not looking at it for a whole day

and then.. looking at it.

to see if I still liked it.

I did.

I repeat myself when under stress.

I repeat..

The more I look at it,

the more I like it.

I do think it's good.

The fact is..

no matter how closely I study it,

no matter how I take it apart,

no matter how I break it down,

It remains consistant.

I wish you were here to see it.

I like it.

Twig, also glad to see you back with us, and you seem to be in fine spirits. Now since I'm getting a bit old and out of the loop, what does an IPOD do? Sounds like one of those tanks they put you in so you can be brought back to life later. Tia.

B.S.

B.S. It plays music - mostly. I spent the weekend putting my entire CD collection of 200+ CD's on it. It is about the size of a small calculator, and weighs a couple of ounces, yet it can hold 5000 songs (some models hold 10,000) and/or thousands of hours of audio books. It can also be a voice recorder with enough capacity to hold an entire 4 year degree worth of lectures. It will hold the names, addresses, and phone numbers for several thousand people, it functions as a simple calendar, and an alarm clock.

Not bad for $300.

IPOD

Archived