B4 The Bell Moonday September 27

Hiding Bear

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anotherone,

I have posted about the Low carb diet craze spreading throughout the world...it will have a major impact on many companies....if your product has flour or sugar in it,your sales will drop bigtime.

The other side of the equation is that companies with protein products will do very well.

The other side of that equation is that meat and chicken prices will go thru the roof,forcing costs up at fast food chains like McDonalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I have been on this diet for about 10 weeks,its a very easy way to diet,it seems as if everyman and his dog is on this diet in OZ.

Watch stocks like Krispy Kreme,Sara Lee,Coca Cola ,Pepsi,Fast food chains,Bread companies...they will all report falling sales.

Chalabi II but for the next war.You gotta be a crackpot to think this up.Fool me once and all that!

"A call from a US-based Iranian TV personality has prompted thousands of Iranians to protest for more freedoms.

People took to the streets of the capital, Tehran, and other cities on Sunday after Ahura Pirouz Khaleghi Yazdi urged protests across Iran.

The exile has predicted Iran's Islamic government will fall on 1 October.

Nobody had heard of Mr Yazdi until a few months ago when he set up a satellite channel in California to try to overthrow the Iranian government."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3694594.stm

Oh yeah,he doesn't even speak the language :lol:

gee, i wonder where he gets his funding? ;)

Avici Sees Revenue Shortfall, Shares Drop

Monday September 27, 10:52 am ET

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Avici Systems Inc. (NasdaqNM:AVCI - News), which makes equipment that directs traffic over the Internet, on Monday slashed its revenue outlook for the current quarter because customers have delayed network expansions, and its shares lost nearly a third of their value.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/040927/tech_avici_outlook_1.html

Anotherone,

I have posted about the Low carb diet craze spreading throughout the world...it will have a major impact on many companies....if your product has flour or sugar in it,your sales will drop bigtime.

The other side of the equation is that companies with protein products will do very well.

The other side of that equation is that meat and chicken prices will go thru the roof,forcing costs up at fast food chains like McDonalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I have been on this diet for about 10 weeks,its a very easy way to diet,it seems as if everyman and his dog is on this diet in OZ.

Watch stocks like Krispy Kreme,Sara Lee,Coca Cola ,Pepsi,Fast food chains,Bread companies...they will all report falling sales.

CALM fell today. I think it is a buy. Write this one down. Largest egg producer in the US and maybe the world.

ZiLOG Lowers Third Quarter 2004 Expectations

Monday September 27, 8:02 am ET

SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 27, 2004--ZiLOG, Inc. (Nasdaq:ZILG - News), the creator of the Z80 microprocessor and a leading innovator of integrated 8-bit microcontroller solutions, today announced it is lowering its revenue outlook for the third quarter of 2004. Sales for the third quarter are now expected to be $23 million compared to earlier guidance of $25.5 million. Demand for the company's consumer products is trending below previous expectations. The lower sales reflects lower sell through sales in its Asian distributors and a number of OEM customers pushing their demand from the third to the fourth quarter. We believe the lower sales relates to excess inventory at our customers and we expect it will also impact our fourth quarter and consequently we are cautious and projecting our fourth quarter sales to be in the $22 million to $23 million range. Additionally, we expect sales for the first quarter of 2005 to increase as customers increase their order rates and our new products continue to gain traction.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040927/275380_1.html

agent,

I want to thank you. I used that article on the doo-lar today and saved another soul. I appreciate it.

TE - will you please link back to what you just refered to - I musta missed it.

Tanks you sir.

http://www.amtddj.inlumen.com/bin/djstory?...WaebqLqWmde2mtG

I don't believe it but, I do believe the doo-lar should be renamed the "doo-lar".

It will be T.P. when the fed gets done with it. What a friggin shame all this shit had to happen. I am saddened by the whole lot of our leaders.

How exactly would the dollar be devalued 20% by our government? massive printing or some other means?

I assume that this would cause prices of imports to jump 20% across the board. Energy prices like oil would jump, causing the sheep to blame it on Big Oil rather than Dumb Government.

Does Snow still believe in the strong dollar policy now? :lol:

It is about John Nashs "Theory of Equilibrium"

Am I interpreting it right?

If as Yobob says the US tries to devalue the dollar by 20% it forces the price of a Toyota up 20% or a Mercedes up 20% or a tonne of Wheat from Australia up 20%.

The world is in a perfect state of "equilibrium at present because it is in everyones best interests to preserve the status quo,what happens when one country wants to change things to suit its own interests over everyone elses,especially if that country is the biggest (economically speaking).

There is no easy way out of situations like the one the US finds itself in,printing money or devaluing your currency cant work,if it did Brazil or Argentina would be the worlds super powers,at some point in time,you have to pay the piper,that point is nigh.

Can Bush and co. fall over the line and win this election,probably,but they are gunna have a hell of a job trying to fix this mess up,not that it will bother them too much,the sheeple are gunna get what they vote for...sorta of poetic justice for some,nightmarish for others.

Devaluation by itself doesn't cure much if anything. Some devalations of smaller economic countries have succeeded at the expense of US exports - while the "strong dollar" policy was in place. However the rest of the world is not sufficiently large enough to absorb a sudden burst of competetiveness from the US - at least from the few areas where the US has a product to offer.

The main motivation of the IMF is that that the current account (trade + interest payments) deficit situation of the US is hopeless - already running a annual deficit of more than $600 billion (i.e. the US must borrow that much from other countries each year). The question is not whether the dollar will fall but when. They are attempting to front run a possible sudden and abrupt crash in the dollar with a controlled devaluation of the dollar. Sure prices will go up and to a large extent the effects of a 'devaluation' will be cancelled out by higher prices. However the higher prices will start to push interest rates back gradually where they should be,

which will discourage speculation like we see in RE.

No it won't work but they are going to try it - being an uncontrolled drop in the dollar would bring on depression conditions in just a few days or so - something the IMF and possibly the Fed doesn't want to get blamed for. Most likely the credit bubble will burst either way, but the inflationary way buys a few more months to a few years in delaying the downturn.

Well, I agree that they world economy has proven "remarkably robust," because it has survived, although umpteen millions and millions of people, some of them also in their 20s, in Latin America, the Philippines, Mexico, Argentina, Malaysia, Thailand, Korea, Indonesia, Brazil and a long list of other countries suffered paralyzing losses when their economies collapsed due to their own idiot debtoholic jackass governments pursuing the same debtoholic jackass economic policies that we are following.

And when you adjust all this "remarkable robustness" by the fact that the United States dollar has been devalued by 98% from its par value in 1913, the year that the monstrously evil Federal Reserve was created, you get a wildly different perspective on the meaning of "robust," as I am here to tell you that every cent of that devaluation of the dollar was paid for, all along the way, every day, by lots and lots and lots of people suffering the misery of not being able to buy as much stuff, buying less and less, week after week, spending every dime, but only getting fewer groceries, fewer medicines, fewer clothes, fewer cars, fewer dinners out, fewer everything.

REMARKABLY ROBUST

by The Mogambo Guru

http://www.howestreet.com/story.php?ArticleId=670

I have been on this diet for about 10 weeks,its a very easy way to diet...

keep up the good work! :)

[self congratulatory rant]

I started my own little regimen about 7 months ago.

Strict diet of:

1) egg white omelette for breakfast

2) salad for lunch

3) salad (with chicken, beef or fish added) for dinner

4) some lowfat ice cream while watching tv at night (DVR+fall season tv=joy)

Water and OJ only for drinks. Treadmill jog for 30-45 mins., 5 days a week.

2 weekend nights a month I gobble the better part of a pizza. :rolleyes:

I've lost over 40 lbs. and I'm hoping to slice off another 25.

I just picked up a couple pairs of hemmed dress pants today. Trimmed them from a 44 waist to a 40. Target 38.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

[/self congratulatory rant]

Archived