Welcome to "The January Effect"

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another warning for BKX bears:

Jack Henry Associates (JKHY) is the data processing platform that my bank uses. Its primary customer base is small community banks.

Bank Rate Monitor (RATE) is also a popular website which is a "Shopping.com" type site to compare the best rates on bank loans.

Banks are the sites main sponsors and advertisers.

big.chart?symb=jkhy&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=2379&style=320&time=8&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=3895&mocktick=1&rand=389

big.chart?symb=rate&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=214398&style=320&time=7&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=9615&mocktick=1&rand=7493

Doc,

Firefox will block popups/downs automatically, but if you are only seeing the "user posted image" text, than that particular site/url would have been previously blocked by the user and will show up in the Tools->Options->Web Features->Exceptions list. Have you checked that list? Can you refer me to an example of this behaviour? I don't see that happening, especially on this site. I'm assuming you're using v1.0.

Another possible reason would be embedded Javascript in the link and the browser has been set to disable Javacript or it's a link to a M$ ActiveX abomination...

Q

Firefox is a little quirky when it comes to loading images. I have it set to accept all, and it still blocks a few. That's why in some cases, where a chart is hotlinked, all I get is user posted image.  I have to click the edit key to read the code for the url. 

It's firefox's one weird kink, I think.

SUPER DUPER MO-MO LIST FOR THE WEEK ENDING 01/07/05

Stocks showing up between Friday Dec. 31, 2004 to Friday Jan. 7, 2005

(Stocks in the top 5% of Mr. Breakout's Relative Strength database that close up at least 2% on at least 1.5x Average daily Volume)

COMPLETE LIST:

AAPL ADES AEOS AIQ AKS ALG ANGO ANTP ASEI ASTM ASY BLUD BOSC BRN BRN CAP CFCI CGM CLF CLHB CMKG CNTY CTHR DCAI DHIL DYX EDEN ELI ESC EZPW FAMEC FKL FOB FRD FRGB FXEN GRU HA HOFF IED INNO INTN IPS ISIG ISON KEYW LAN LSCP MANC MCHX MDKI MFCO MFRI MGG MIKR MRGO MT NGPS NIKU NOVA NRPH OS PKOH PLCE PRFT PRVD PRVT RFIL RICK RMI RNOW RURL SHOE SIM SMXC SNSA STEM STNR SVNX TAGS TARR TCF TDSC TELOZ TIV TKF TKO TLL TONS TRFDF URGI WCG WGAT WSTF ZICA

Page 1 Candleglance

Page 2 Candleglance

Page 3 Candleglance

Page 4 Candleglance

Page 5 Candleglance

Page 6 Candleglance

Weekend Chart Roundup:

IBD has turned extremely bearish.

"Rally all but dead. Follow sell rules, consider raising cash"

"Bunches of leading stocks that broke out in the past three months have seen all or most of their gains gutted."

"If you haven't raised cash, then you don't exercise a set of sound sell rules. Now is the right tie to sell your losers, lock in gains."

Dow stocks in alphabetical order:

Dow1

Dow2

Nasdaq stocks ranked via market cap (MSFT and INTC excluded):

Nasdaq

S & P Stocks, not in Dow or NDX, ranked via market cap:

S & P 500

IBD Top 100 ranked by price action and CanSlim data:

IBD1

IBD2

IBD3

IBD4

IBD5

also, not sure how relevant this is, but Canadian banking stocks dropped this week also....

An index of financial shares dropped 0.9 percent and contributed the most to the decline in the S&P/TSX. Financial stocks account for 33 percent of the market value in the benchmark, the largest of the 10 industry groups.

Manulife Financial Corp., Canada's No. 1 insurer, slid 78 cents to C$54.90 and contributed the most to the S&P/TSX's drop.

Bank of Nova Scotia, Canada's biggest bank by market value, sank 55 cents to C$39.90. Royal Bank of Canada, the nation's third-largest bank, declined 45 cents to C$62.93.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=100...8&refer=canada#

Archived